Home | About | Donate

Green New Deal Too Expensive? New GAO Report Details Hundreds of Billions in Climate-Related Damage

Green New Deal Too Expensive? New GAO Report Details Hundreds of Billions in Climate-Related Damage

Julia Conley, staff writer

While many lawmakers and pundits continue to complain that the cost of an ambitious Green New Deal would be "too expensive," a new nonpartisan government agency report on Wednesday details the billions upon billions of dollars the U.S. is spending each year as the climate crisis continues to intensify.

0 Likes

I know I regularly spread doom and gloom on this topic, but the experts are weighing in and every prediction they’ve made has been marked by an underestimation of how soon climate chaos is coming and how bad the baked-in damage will be. Here’s an expert, you be the judge:

2 Likes

How expensive is not having a planet to live on? For Crap Sakes!

1 Like

Just get the government to create the money and spend it into the economy …simple really.

1 Like

I have a “green new deal”. Quit spraying herbicide on your lawn weeds, polluting the ground water, and eventually killing us and everything else. Don’t like “weeds”? Cut them yourself by hand or use an electrical weedeater.

1 Like

A presentation by professor Bendell.

1 Like

Hell no, spending on infrastructure isn’t on Trump’s list. He did lie about it the other day if that counts.
It’s other countries that build dykes, and levies and locks, and widen and repave roads. Build mass transit systems for the people, instead of war machine loot.
Our power grid sits, lonely from waiting for a green energy upgrade or replacement.
Nope we spend on walls, bombs, hundreds of more drones, military experimenting and engineering, and screw the parks and museums.

1 Like