Home | About | Donate

Green Party Gains Ballot Access in Six More States as Signature Counts More than Double State Requirements

Green Party Gains Ballot Access in Six More States as Signature Counts More than Double State Requirements

Jill2016

Voters will have a chance to cast their ballot for Green Party presumptive Presidential nominee Jill Stein, as well as several local- and state-level Green Party candidates, in six more states as of today. Green Party ballot-access signature drives in Kansas, Pennsylvania, Nebraska, New Jersey, Vermont, and Missouri easily surpassed, and in most cases more than doubled, the required number of signatures to secure a ballot line.

I just submitted 7 signatures from family members in Connecticut, where the requisite numbers (7500 I believe) have not yet been obtained. I encourage anyone in Connecticut to sign one of the petitions.

This article, at least for one state, is incorrect. Stein has not had her signatures certified as valid in Kansas. They will have to be certified. She will also not be on the ballot as a Green Party, under any condition. The time to certify a party was June 2, she missed that.. if she does make the ballot, she will be on the ballot as Independent.

What makes you think the Green Party is "anti-life?"

Kill what? A cluster of cells?

Good to see the Greens getting on the ballot in more states. After a lifetime as a Democrat I switched my registration to Green last week.

There's a point where you just have to stand up against corruption.

Don't pick your poison, pick your cure: Dr. Jill Stein 2016

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

When do we pronounce a person dead? There's an empirical way we do that. Higher brain activity. That's gone for a half hour or so, it's very likely the person's dead.

That same brain activity doesn't appear at all until the fifth to sixth month of pregnancy. Believe me, no woman gets there and thinks, "My, without that morning sickness I almost forgot I was going to abort this thing so I can have my beach body this summer." That casual stuff is just absurd to even contemplate.

It's her call if she and those around her are ready for parenthood, without any empirical consideration that there's a person in her womb. We as a society aren't agreed on any other way to say that's a person instead of tissue, and a plural society has no business saying so based on someone's religion.

If a woman and her doctor choose to abort after that mark, you bet there's a serious, urgent reason, and it's not the government's place to overrule them.

I respect and encourage you to live the best you know how, too. Just understand, a plural society has to work with what's agreeable and verifiable for most of us. Monstrous things happen when people who aren't ready or willing to be parents have kids; social workers know that well. Government gains a dangerous power in forcing that. By all means, advocate for your view of life. I value it by not forcing it into every harsh and abusive place, and not forcing it to prolong when that life and the ecosystem around it suffers. There are a lot of definitions here, and I daresay mine's marrow-deep with experience. If the Green Party is otherwise strongly aligned with your ideals, please consider the nature of your countryfolk and on which issues you'd rather appeal to by evangelism or by negative government force.

Right now, the way the world is burning down, I see a twisted apathy in having children unless you've got a plan in motion to save their future home. All this natalism is, to paraphrase DH Lawrence, laying the next generation directly in a hopeless grave.