Home | About | Donate

Greta Thunberg Isn't Alone. Meet Some Other Young Activists Who Are Leading the Environmentalist Fight

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/09/30/greta-thunberg-isnt-alone-meet-some-other-young-activists-who-are-leading

1 Like

Thanks for this article. Nicely done.

I encourage you to profile some young activists from outside the US.

2 Likes

It’s great to see these young activists; however, I wish that they realized how DIFFICULT this problem will be to solve: https://www.academia.edu/40234522/The_Worst_Mistake

1 Like

I hope these young activists are still active when it is time to get out the vote. An army like that can’t lose, you would think anyway.

2 Likes

Hi Gandolf:
I wish that Congress would lower the age to run for office. These kids are a lot like the SQUAD, but we need more of them , and right NOW!

2 Likes

I read articles about Greta Thunberg on other sites, the responses were mostly critical of her & referred to her as a spoiled brat. It is nice to see positive comments about her and other activists here.

2 Likes

Here in Canada the leader of the so called Peoples Party referred to her as mentally unstable. He tried to walk that back due to the backlash but today one of his most prominent Candidates resigned from the party indicating he could not be associated with people who would attack a child with autism. According to him there infighting in the party over this as a number of those that were supporting the platform were taken aback by the comments of that parties leader.

2 Likes

There are a good dozen reasons to seriously reconsider Plug-in Hybrid EVs as offering substantially more potential to reduce fuel/energy consumption than all-Battery and Fuel Cell EVs. A rough estimate of applicable demand: PHEVs capture 60%, BEVs 35% and FCEVs 5%. This bold statement is not made lightly though it is dismissed lightly. BEVs & FCEVs are an attempt to continue routine travel/transport practices with little regard for land-use and development patterns which increase travel/transport dependency and consequent energy consumption. PHEV tech offers numerous safety features that BEV & FCEV do not. PHEV tech more equitably distributes battery and renewable energy resources to more households, commercial and institutional venues. PHEVs complement regional utility grids more comprehensively. This challenging statement can’t be convincingly explained in few words. To sum up I say, to reduce fuel/energy consumption, we must learn to use it sparingly. Those who wish further discussion, may read my 500-word essay “The Walking Communities of 2040” - a treatise on
the folly of self-driving cars.