Home | About | Donate

'Gross Abuse' of Power, Says International Election Observer About Trump Lies of US Voter Fraud

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/05/gross-abuse-power-says-international-election-observer-about-trump-lies-us-voter

2 Likes

If DT holds office, the “gross abuse” will simply become more gross, while Congre$$ and the Courts continue to do little if anything.

4 Likes

I’m getting worried.

Why the delay in Georgia with only 47,000 votes to count. The other states - what is the problem ?

The longer the delay, the more time for this administration to figure a way to screw things up royally.

5 Likes

Yes indeed…as British Prime Minster Wiliiam Ewart Gladstone observed at the dawn of the industrial revolution: “justice delayed is justice denied”!

Ever since Watergate nearly a half century ago the GOP has been working overtime to undermine “trust in democratic institutions” … a key strategy for creating and maintaining the fascist dictatorship the GOP has sought ever since Robert Taft, Joseph McCarthy and the Dulles brothers launched their commie witch hunts in 1950.

7 Likes

Everyone’s irony meter imploded years ago, but on October 8, Mike Pompeo issued a warning to Liberia and Cote d’Ivore, “The US is committed to supporting free, fair, inclusive elections. The conduct of elections is important not only to Africa, but also defenders of democracy around the world. Repression and intimidation have no place in democracies…” He should tell his boss.

7 Likes

Now, what would Trump have done with without a Senate – with the House
Impeaching him, he amassed power enough to defy them –

but I’m quite what what we’ll see with Biden is powerless Dems again –

Protests need to begin immediately –

1 Like

You omitted the tent cities.

5 Likes

Postmaster General DeJoy Defies Federal Judge as Mail-In Ballots Surge for Biden

~https://truthout.org/articles/postmaster-general-dejoy-defies-federal-judge-as-mail-in-ballots-surge-for-biden/

At a critical turning point in the 2020 election, Postmaster General Louis DeJoy, a close Trump consigliere, has defied a federal court order meant to track down and deliver some 300,000 mailed-in ballots.

In turn, federal Judge Emmet G. Sullivan has warned DeJoy that “someone might have a price to pay” for the postal service’s refusal to sweep some 300,000 votes stranded in swing state post offices and deliver them to election boards for counting, where they may, in fact, make a critical difference in the outcome of this astounding election.

As the battle for the presidency boils down to uncounted mailed-in ballots, Trump’s deconstruction of the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) has taken center stage.

The spread of the coronavirus long ago made it clear this election would be deeply impacted by tens of millions of mailed-in ballots.

Throughout his mercenary presidency, Trump has escalated his assaults on the Postal Service. Republicans of his corporate ilk have long wanted to dismantle the USPS, largely to destroy its powerful union.

6 Likes

Armed Protesters Menace Arizona Vote Center Amid Lies About Uncounted GOP Votes

~https://truthout.org/articles/armed-protesters-menace-arizona-vote-center-amid-lies-about-uncounted-gop-votes/

2 Likes

Am I missing something here ? It seems Joe Biden needs only Nevada’s 6 votes to get to the 270 needed for victory. Trump would need 56 votes to get to 270, but Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Georgia only add up to 51, so he can’t possibly get there without winning Nevada too. As he is 615,689 votes behind Biden, it seems unlikely he will catch up since the votes still to be counted are probably mostly democrats. Does this make sense ?

4 Likes

Really! What a bunch of two faced bullshit that comes out of his chubby checks.
High powered hypocrisy as usual.

1 Like

Hi raydelcamino:

The Dulles bros… hmmmm I have read that the Dulles CIA bro was behind the assassination of Kennedy---- and the other one was on the Committee to investigate who killed Kennedy------maybe the ghost of those guys will rise again and come for the Trump one. Trump’s mind seems to have gone----of course, when he
is no longer president, he could be doing jail time----or sued by so many on the planet. :wink:

1 Like

In the past 24 hours, Trump has gone on a warpath on Twitter and Facebook–posting ballot suppression and election misinformation and alleging that the election is being stolen from him. Facebook and Twitter have a duty to stop Trump’s misinformation on the platform, tell them to #SuspendTrump now! The voters should determine this election, not misinformation. ~https://act.colorofchange.org/sign/facebooktwitter_suspendtrump/?sp_ref=681605638.176.212320.e.661766.2&referring_akid=48104.14612037.nOG_if&source=em_sp

3 Likes

My common-sense-o-meter goes off when I see vote tabulations in Georgia, and others.
Biden 85% / trump14% or the other way around. Yet all those crazy disparities end up with virtual tie votes. Come on. That could happen once in a while, but for most of them?

2 Likes

Orangeman just rambled for 20 minutes insisting every vote against him must be fake, on national TV. Hard to get through the whole insane ordeal. Someday may there be a day of my life I don’t have to suffer the cognitive assault of Orangeman’s narcissistic rambling. KCBS’s veteran commentator Mark Sandalo is saying, on the air, that this line from the President is freaking him out.

4 Likes

The way he was mumbling, I suspect someone on his staff slipped him a Valium or two.

3 Likes

He was slump shoulders walking out.
Fatigue, depression.
Both OK because that is what he provided to american society.

gandolf:
In union manufacturing midwest cities, there was 85% democrat vote.
You can see this residual in Chicago this year, still.

2 Likes

As Borger on CNN just made clear –

‘THIS NATION IS A TINDERBOX’ —

And I’m sure we all agree with the anxiety that the American public is feeling –

THE FIVE STATES WHERE THE VOTES ARE STILL BEING COUNTED NEED TO
BE PROTECTED —

WE NEED OUR NATIONAL GUARD OUTSIDE IN EVERY ONE OF THESE STATES TO
PROTECT THE VOTE –

AND/OR OUR FBI – WHERE ARE THEY?

1 Like

Movement for a People’s Party is broadcasting on Zoom right now !

2 Likes

Excellent point as it appears, to paraphrase from Shakespeare, that something rotten is going on but it is occurring in the United States instead of Denmark. Also the thinking may be in some circles that Trump might be able to square that circle if he is able to win Arizona a state which some outlets have said is too close to call. Will Biden be able to eke out a victory or will Trump be able to suppress the votes? But if Trump’s legal team takes this to court one has to think that any intelligent judge will throw out his case because Trump has been unable to provide proof that the vote count has been fraudulent.