Home | About | Donate

Group Beloved by Betsy Devos and Koch Brothers Launches Counter-Attack Against Teacher Rebellion

Group Beloved by Betsy Devos and Koch Brothers Launches Counter-Attack Against Teacher Rebellion

Julia Conley, staff writer

A right-wing coalition, which has received funding from both the Koch Brothers and the billionaire Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, is launching an aggressive attack on the tens of thousands of teachers and education supporters who have been demanding increased school funding and teacher salaries in recent weeks.

When I was in high school in Arkansas, my teachers went on strike for two weeks because they wanted to earn more than poverty wages. That was in the 80s and reagan was president and bill clinton was governor of arkansas. My teachers did get something for a raise but I can’t remember the details. Its sad when teachers have to resort to a strike. Leaders should be responsive, not dismissive.

Teachers are far more respected in the rest of the world than here in the good old USA. It’s not just monetary, but a feeling that teachers are vital to the social welfare of a community. It was like that in the American old west one room schoolhouse: teachers were recruited with the promise of a living wage, including room and board. One day, soon, they may have to offer teachers, here, housing and food or nobody good will become an underpaid and underappreciated educator.

She couldn’t turn loose her brother’s former “freedom fighters” on 'em

So she’ll have to settle for this.

There just seems to be a endless supply of scum in this country.

The real danger is that teachers might teach young people the truth and provide them with an honest look at history and science. That is a real threat to the neo-liberals and their regressive agenda.