Home | About | Donate

Groups Denounce Gutting of Environmental Rules 'When Trump Thinks No One is Paying Attention'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/06/04/groups-denounce-gutting-environmental-rules-when-trump-thinks-no-one-paying

2 Likes

Build the guillotines, and We the People will put them to use.

4 Likes

They ratchet in too, legally, in treaties so its going to be next to impossible to reverse them - slick trick huh?

Heads I win, tails you lose.

a cry for help from alaska…
please familiarize yourselves with our struggle to stop the ‘pebble mine project’.
read up on it, but be prepared to vomit.

7 Likes

Environmental PROTECTION agency. What does not fit in this term?

3 Likes

His Scorched-Earth policy is being aimed full-tilt at whatever is left of the country’s resources. Distract and destroy, while they’re looking at something-anything- else. How fitting for a sleight-of-hand artist. Actually, a deviant clown, not an artist at all

3 Likes

I am not sure he understands the consequences of his actions except the consequence of big petrol dollars flowing into his campaign war chest. He is seriously flawed and should be taken out of office immediately, he is dangerous and may try to start war with China. He has his finger on the nuclear button! I just hope there are enough reasonable generals and admirals in the military that will say no, no more war, no more offensive wars of choice.
We need to keep the pressure up with street action and potential strikes. That alone may turn the tide. MSM has finally come around with coverage of the people’s action, and with anti-Trump commentary. It’s about time. These are scary times, and…

“These are the times that try men’s souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated”. Thomas Paine.

2 Likes

If your on the ground there, I would appreciate updates (I’m sure I’m not the only one here) on this disaster in the making, every so often. I’m sure you realize, knowing who to believe on these topics in the media, is difficult at best. Thanks.

1 Like

We could win if no republican was ever allowed to wallow in the White House again. Yes it would take multiple terms to rebound.

Inherently we would almost always win if we could simply be Democrats. But they did this horrible thing.

See at 5:55 in this video. What he’s describing that we lost is the right to compromise… Instead everything must be not more burdensome than necessary. Which means the most minimal possible.

~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY2tUTA4mzM

Ironically this would actually be required if you wanted the Green New Deal to be successfully implemented in 10 years

“f_frederick_skitty”

:slight_smile: (why do emojis, either typed or imported, ever display?)

~https://Ciel.org has some good reports that describe the effect of some of the FTAs and what they do - basically reduce everything to the lowest common denominator. They have a ratchet which means that all deregulation locks in. Its very costly, even to the point of being almost impossible to reverse. Thats a dirty trick because nobody knows that each deregulation they are pursuing locks in except the politicians, and they arent talking.

The issue is not doing it covertly, but doing it at all.

I would have to agree, the art of compromise, HAS been compromised.

I just was reading about the situation I’m describing and its a short, concise explanation. It’s called “progressive liberalization” but its of course, regressive, not progressive.

~https://digitalcommons.law.buffalo.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1014&context=bjil See the top of Page 54 which is the 23rd page of the PDF.

This is how they would look at the gutting of environmental laws, as progressive, and restoring them would be forbidden, only more deregulation is allowed. Also in this PDF you can get a bit of a feel for its (long) history, how it was held together (with IOUs of jobs to be given up by people like us. after all people dont own “their” jobs. One gets a feeling its like kids that are trying to steal as much as they can before they get caught. That encapsulates it exactly

Nice link, mostly pertaining to world wide environmental issues, but I couldn’t find any information about the Pebble Mine Project in the Bristol Bay area of Alaska though.

Paying attention and being able to prevent such things are two
entirely different things .
I can pay attention to all of the trees that are being cut where i live but there is very little i can do about it .

Trump and his cabal know their time is growing short and are ramping up the damage they can do to push through their toxic agenda. They must be removed from power by any means.

Think they’ll get caught before it might be over?
And preferential job giving sucks for the entry level working man.