Home | About | Donate

Groups Sue Trump's EPA in Response to 'Nauseating' Approval of Bee-Killing Pesticide

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/20/groups-sue-trumps-epa-response-nauseating-approval-bee-killing-pesticide

1 Like

May be there was a lesser of two evils …?

I am surprised there are any bees left. I certainly do not have any. Or other insects.

But good of these groups to challenge. I hope they succeed.

So what is Trump’s plan for food? If all the bees are dead, who will fertilize the flowers and spread the pollen?
Oh------I just had a horrible image of all of us, as a return of the serfs. There we all are out in the fields hand pollinating everything, while passing out in the fields from the heat. Maybe they have already kidnapped all the bees and they are now living in Trump hotels transformed into a totally controlled indoor environment pollinating and growing foods only for the select few. Nah----I don’t think Trump even knows what bees actually do. : (.

2 Likes

Normally the bees take care of the pollinating in our garden. They must have been around or the couple of strong wind storms we had did the job for them. I say that because the cukes and zucchini are crazy this year.

1 Like

Thanks again to Commondreams.org for providing such important information that other media does not report - at least as far as I’ve seen. Nauseating indeed, and very sad. My best wishes to these two organizations suing the EPA. If I could support them financially, I surely would.

1 Like

Death is what Christian America voted for and death is what she’ll get, nothing less. Death of bees. of rain forests and reefs, of countless species, of all human life. Thank you Jesus for our triumphant savior Donald Trump, and his beautiful corporate vision for the future. Hallelujah.

2 Likes

Something has to break the downward spiral into helpless paralysis. Maybe that’s just me: I still think we gotta fight back at some point, however hopeless it might be. Just a matter of personal dignity. But my impression is that Mr Elliot disagrees (in The Hollow Men):

Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow

For Thine is the Kingdom

For Thine is
Life is
For Thine is the

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

1 Like

We rarely see bees here in western PA anymore either. Haven’t for a few years. We have some “ground bees” and carpenter bees, but no honey bees.

We’ll miss them when they’re gone. And we’re starving.

stardustBID you opened so many directions to go that I think I’ll pass. Killer bees could be a discussion point though.

1 Like

I’ve been planting pollinator plants for a while now and keep adding to them. Had tons of bumbles and mason bees and flies and such this summer. Had seen exactly three honeybees. My back pasture is also unmowed, so there are flowers out there. But we’re tipping into drought. A couple of days ago, I came out and two of my hummingbird feeders were covered with honeybees! I have no idea where they came from-maybe someone nearby started a hive. I’m thinking they are there for the water as much as the sugar, but I’ll keep feeding them for sure.

1 Like