Home | About | Donate

'Gulf Coast Rising': Ten Years After Katrina, Demands for Deep Justice March On

'Gulf Coast Rising': Ten Years After Katrina, Demands for Deep Justice March On

Jon Queally, staff writer

Ten years after Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans is neither fully healed nor truly at ease with the legacy of the storm that for many people in the United States became the first undeniable example of the critical intersection between climate change, economic inequality, and racial injustice on a grand scale.

The streets where justice is found in America.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

beloved city of hopes and dreams and people and music and great food. You are not forgotten and your stories of rising up and fighting for what is rightfully yours if much appreciated. I loved N. O. the minute I stepped off the plane in 2000 and then again in 2001 to participate in a 10 day music and food and people party of Jazz Heritage Festival. I still carry those days and moments in my heart. Thank you to the folks who made New Orleans what it shall always be, a place for all people to come together as one. May it be so.

Send the bill for Katrina to Bush and his racist Republican Party. He can house the homeless at his ranch.

The movie is very good, seeing the people, hearing the people, with names, explaining their condition can't be topped, excellent article.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.