Home | About | Donate

Half Million Killed by America's Global War on Terror 'Just Scratches the Surface' of Human Destruction

Half Million Killed by America's Global War on Terror 'Just Scratches the Surface' of Human Destruction

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

The United States' so-called War on Terror has killed about half a million people in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, according to a new estimate from the Costs of War Project at Brown University's Watson Institute.

"This update just scratches the surface of the human consequences of 17 years of war."
—Neta C. Crawford, The Costs of War Project

2 Likes

It’s time we quit pretending. It’s time we all take a knee at every game.

16 Likes

The people are used to a slow boil in the pot. We have to shake up em up, not pull their hair out, yet.

3 Likes

As long as the zionists control America , we will be at war somewhere in the world.

7 Likes

America’s War on Terror IS the terror for it is breeding it.

8 Likes

They don’t call us The Great Satan for nothing.

10 Likes

Half a million dead, millions maimed, bereaved and displaced, and the politicians and citizens who supported these counterproductive, imperialist wars of aggression have blood on their hands. Now President Trump has turned from the non-interventionist sentiments expressed in his campaign to become a warmongering neocon, guided by Bolton, Pompeo, Haspel, Kushner, Coates and other apostles of apocalypse.

11 Likes

the Watson Institute has done good by calling attention to this terrible toll. I wonder if they can add up the total profit made by American weapons producers and private contract service providers as result of these wars.
That said, there are also plenty of related warmongers, interventionists, and refusals to compromise and settle exhibited in Syria, Turkey, Iran, Yemen, Lebanon, the UK, Russia, and Israelis and Palestinians can be included too.

1 Like

Interesting. The statistics don’t include the shooting this week in California. A US soldier kills 12 plus himself. All these deaths I attribute to the terror war. It’s no longer a war on terror it’s the terror war and it’s now come home to roost. Why can’t anyone see this? What about the 20 or so vets that commit suicide every day? Are they coun’t as causalities of the terror war? What about the Yemenis? Another half million or more there. What about all the other civilians killed by other war of terror actions? Get F**king Real, it’s going on at least 2+million and counting. What about the other vet that went off in Texas and shot up a church? Does that count? Or the one that went off on his base and killed a bunch, I forget the details but I think he was an officer. I count all the deaths here at home too, in my ‘official’ numbers because they are much more realistic.

15 Likes

The Democrat/Republican power structure will present this as ‘destroying the village in order to save it’ or by commenting that ‘you can’t make an omelette without breaking some eggs’ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQjbXq4WLSo).

Citations Needed had a good piece on how those in power portray their crimes against humanity as humanitarian acts of benevolence: https://soundcloud.com/citationsneeded/episode-47-american-magnanimity-spinning-crimes-against-humanity-as-benevolence

1 Like

The headline should be changed to: HALF MILLION KILLED BY AMERICA’S GLOBAL WAR OF TERROR!

8 Likes

Guess the Military is as brain dead as many Americans are.

3 Likes

Yep. And BOTH Corporate parties depend on the Merchants of Death for campaign funding,and the corporate media and major league sports (especially the NFL) depend on the military for $$$.

“War Is A Racket” - Major-General Smedley D. Butler, USMC (ret.)

3 Likes

MoveOn is a sham. So are the other Orgs. How come all of them never joined together? All they do is stage Rallies that turn out to be nothing. Wonder if their organizers make $$$ off of these so called Protests?

6 Likes

US Has Killed More Than 20 Million In 37 Nations Since WWII | PopularResistance.Org
https://popularresistance.org/us-has-killed-more-than-20-million-in-37-nations-since-wwii/

7 Likes

Agreed! Americans have become greedy cowards and have no balls to even think of fighting back.

3 Likes

Sure! Why not? All we need is a Special Opps Team and Game Plan. Wonder why this has not been done yet! Even trained Vets who have been screwed over are afraid to fight. Sick country!

1 Like

Don’t have the answer if they make $$$ on Rallies, but there has to be something in it for the organizers, wouldn’t you think?

2 Likes

And for every innocent person murdered by the US corporate machine,
we generate multiple “terrorists” from their relatives who vow to fight the US at every turn.

It is the perfect set up for the corporations who depend on the never ending war for their profits.

Repeat after me with apologies to Shari Lewis:

It is the war that never ends…
It just goes on and on my friend.
Some corporations started singing it, knowing exactly what it was…
And they will continuing singing it forever just because…
It is the war that never ends…

[repeat forever]

6 Likes

Would “perfect execution and progress” justify the “mission”?

No matter how “surgical” the act, the intent is still abhorrent.

5 Likes