Home | About | Donate

Happy Holidays, Super PACS: FEC Removes Yet Another Block Against Dark Money

The FEC is also corrupt. Dark money runs and destroys in all parts of the US now. The woman chairman of the FEC has said publically they are corrupt and there is nothing she can do about it.

There's a joke about "that depends on the meaning of the word 'is'" here.

Just out of curiosity I thought I'd take a look at the FEC site and read some comments - can't find any public comments and the Nov. background on the - REG 2015-03 04 Contributions from Corporations and Other Organizations to Political Committees
has slews of documents that I am unable to open - and no information as to what is needed to access the documentation - anyone else find that problem?

Dark money goes hand in hand with the shadow government. It makes anything that could happen politically on the national level pretty much meaningless. If Bernie even looks like he might challenge Hillary for the presidency he will be Wellstoned. Sorry, that's the way it is. Merry Christmas.

"Christmas in Washington"

It's Christmastime in Washington
The Democrats rehearsed
Gettin' into gear for four more years
Things not gettin' worse
Republicans drink whiskey neat
And thanked their lucky stars
They said, "He cannot seek another term
They'll be no more FDRs"

I sat home in Tennessee
Just staring at the screen
With an uneasy feeling in my chest
I'm wonderin' what it means

So come back Woody Guthrie
Come back to us now
Tear your eyes from paradise
And rise again somehow
If you run into Jesus
Maybe he can help you out
Come back Woody Guthrie to us now

I followed in your footsteps once
Back in my travelin' days
Somewhere I failed to find your trail
Now I'm stumblin' through the haze
But there's killers on the highway now
And a man can't get around
So I sold my soul for wheels that roll
Now I'm stuck here in this town

Come back Woody Guthrie
Come back to us now
And rise again somehow
If you run into Jesus
Maybe he can help us out
Come back Woody Guthrie to us now

There's foxes in the hen house
Cows out in the corn
The unions have been busted
Their proud red banners torn
To listen to the radio
You'd think that all was well
But you and me and Cisco know
It's going straight to hell

So come back, Emma Goldman
Rise up, old Joe Hill
The barracades are goin' up
They cannot break our will
Come back to us, Malcolm X
And Martin Luther King
We're marching into Selma
As the bells of freedom ring

So come back Woody Guthrie
Come back to us now
And rise again somehow

Steve Earle - Christmas In Washington

The imperial model of extractive colonization seems to be attempting an intensified and fractured mimicry of natural cycles. But instead of recognizing inherent nature, which is utterly dependent on diversity, it seems to have simply applied the extraction principle with the statistical overlay of 'game theory'. This is arguably a fundamental delusion that policy and the sciences, so successfully colonized by and for corporate proprietary technology, will actually prove stronger than the forces of natural equilibrium - or loss of the same. Mistaking technology for science is like the corporatized privatization gleefully claiming it has 'the tail wagging the dog' when it is actually grabbing the dog by the tail, spinning and letting go.

The system and those who work to corrupt natural and societal equilibrium can continue their utter dependency on violence, weaponry, ponzi extraction and all the 'criminalization' these entail, but the internal corrosion also begets commensurate internal and exponential morphing of consequences. No system can survive on the premise that imposing voids in the fabric of life can supplant the coherence on which all living systems are dependent. It can pay for best PR in the world but its still gibberish and deadly to boot.

When I was a kid, I used to hear my father talking about "back room deals," where the Mafia, or perhaps a representative of Mr. X, a wealthy manufacturer, or perhaps owner of a chain of bordellos, wanted favored treatment. A meeting was called between X's representative and, say, the mayor. The representative would tell the mayor what was needed, the mayor said what was needed to do so, a large wad of unmarked bills changed hands and, Lo! It came to pass in a few weeks or months.
* That was illegal, and sometimes lead to a trial, though not often, as many people were bought off in the same manner.
* Now, the government of the 0.001% has made that whole process legal!
* When I was a kid, "Conflict of Interest" was a death knell for a politician. Now it seems to be as job requirement.
;-})

Where in hell is Obama on this? TwoDemocrats only in a six member panel? Where is theDNC? Do they care?

This charade is reaching the point of self-parody. Laugh-out-loud funny. The utter absurdity of their "justifications" for this in-your-face corruption. As long as you insist that the candidate is NOT THERE to promote large donations, which of course are NOT CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTIONS but are "independent" contributions to an "independent" organization... oh stop, please, you're killing me...

Except that, as Old Goat points out, their charade does not actually take the place of reality, which still bites.

The small modicum of schadenfreude that i will note, as the unraveling fabric of reality destroys their charade along with the players, WILL NOT SUFFICE to balance out the loss of everything i know and love in the coming collapse.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

The federal government has no teeth left, the congress let's Goldman Sachs control the federal reserve, the FCC lets Rupert Murdoch buy up as many tv and radio stations as he wants, the GOP controls the IRS. The department of education directs public school districts to tell the school cafeteria workers to dump food trays into the trash bin in front of the kid but don't give it to the child who has no money to pay for the food. I read on RT that an Idaho school cafeteria worker was offered her job back due to social media outcry but she said in her interview with local paper that she was afraid to go back to her job because "they'll make my life miserable and find other ways to get rid of me". How sick is that our government giving away billions to corporations and wealthy people but fire a minimum wage worker for offering to pay for a poor child's meal? It seems to me that we have allowed our government officials to get away with terrorism, murders, theft of public wealth, and countless high crimes and felonies for far too long.

At least we're Number One.

That's quite a consolation.

Charming similarity to Holder confessing that DOJ was unable to prosecute banksters.

Heck, they're not banks, they're asteroids; we are helpless before them (just like the corporations).

Loved it, thanks a yahuu ::smile:

F acilitating
E fficacious
C orruption

And you left out Monsanto agents and acolytes in key positions at the USDA, NOP and EPA...

These elections are a sick joke. The only "issues" permitted are what used to be called Republican Wedge issues. Today they are bipartisan wedge issues.

How anyone can vote in November is beyond me. In fact it makes things worse.

Based on your 2015-03, I did a search on corporate contributions and and got to this:
http://sers.fec.gov/fosers/
There are also -02 and -04 which may also be relevant.
Hope this is what you were looking for and let us know your conclusion as I am not able to work on it any time soon.

Happy Holidays!