Home | About | Donate

'Hard to See That Debate Happening': With President Infected, Officials Say Biden vs. Trump Unlikely on Oct. 15

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/02/hard-see-debate-happening-president-infected-officials-say-biden-vs-trump-unlikely

Seeing how the “debates” haven’t actually been debates since Ross Perot’s stellar 1992 performance, and considering that Trump never allows anybody else to get a word in edgewise, just let him do solo debates heretofore.

7 Likes

In the climate of disinformation at the WH, Trump could be very ill and none of us will know it. Already, he has been whisked off to Walter Reed for an injection of antibodies, a sign that the virus is going after him in a big way–will stay there for at least a week or two. He showed symptoms of the disease at the fundraiser Thursday night, so we know he is not asymptomatic. No, no debate. Maybe a funeral instead.

6 Likes

Trump will suck (literally) the air out of politics for the
rest of the campaign.

(Un)reality TV from Walter Reed has kinda ring
to it … He no longer needs Biden as a punching bag.

2 Likes

small mercies, I suppose.

6 Likes

Talk about pulling a rabbit out of the hat…good timing. With Trump sick, the election could be put on hold…with Martial Law to follow…

3 Likes

Not a good sign…

1 Like

Seeing how Woodrow Wilson’s wife was the shadow POTUS during his final year in the Oval Office, and and Raygun had alzheimers for 8 years, just park Trump down at Mira Lago.

3 Likes

Leon Paneta all upset that the country could be in danger without the clown at the helm–???----do we get a vacation from the insanity??? Yesterday Trump and Republican’s were ready to overthrow the government with violence and today we are suppose to hold this clown in some kind of respect. HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE DIED BECAUSE OF THIS ASSHOLE!

6 Likes

Nope, that certainly won’t happen. USA’s Constitution is quite persnickety about certain dates: No Postponing. Besides, some of y’all are still missing out on the historical moment, thinking it’s all just a phony set-up. Allow me to frame this exact historical moment:

Orangeman suddenly decided, just now, to work from a very nice special presidential office they’ve set up just for him out at Walter Reed. A phalanx of television cameras awaits to see what ensues: Will Orangeman walk to the helicopter transporting him to Walter Reed, or be carried?

That’s reality. See? Much more fun than the constant “I’m sure it’s all fake” sleepwalk! I thought his eye-sockets looked strangely dark yesterday, too. Has anyone actually heard his voice or anything, all day today? Slam bam and into the hospital – this might be a very sick man we’re talking about. He won’t be available for the debate if he’s dead by then.

4 Likes

They will just slip Ayatollah Pence into the Oval Office and quickly appoint a new VP so there is no chance Pelosi could become POTUS.

2 Likes

He probably read the after debate polling with Biden leading by 13 pnts

2 Likes

Yes, I suspect some tail waging the dog going on here. How can one not be cynical with trump’s record spinning along.

2 Likes

Yup, even liberal pundits and cable news folks are falling all over themselves to appear concerned and empathetic.

3 Likes

A blessing for the American people.

4 Likes

And to think that the only person that he has to blame for all this is probably himself. While waiting in line to buy my newspapers at my local grocery store this morning in my rural small town where I live, I noticed a person when I walked in who was wearing a mask. And the great irony is that on the mask it had, in big, bold letters, the word TRUMP. I almost asked this individual how he felt about Trump, who, as we know, rarely wears a mask, coming down with COVID-19. But I am sure that it would have been a futile gesture since this person, a middle-aged male, would not have acknowledged that it did not help when Trump was not wearing a mask at rallies when most people in the audiences were, like Trump, also not wearing facial coverings.

3 Likes

I am seeing some interesting parallels here between the Covid situation and to the 9-11 event; does anyone remember that?.. There was the official story of 9-11 and then there was reality of what really happened (how many buildings collapsed?, how many planes were there?)…Just like with Covid, we have the official story from government and we have the reality of what is really happening… Over time, one cannot run from the truth unfolding, just like Trump cannot run from Covid.

4 Likes

It’s 9:35 pm, Saturday and he has been hospitalized as a precaution, but like the boy who cried wolf, because of his pathological lying, people are questioning the authenticity of the news coming out of the White House about his health. In his recorded message, he did not appear to have applied his make up and looked sickly pale. He didn’t seem labored for breath but he also didn’t talk “bigly” nor did he expend extra physical energy with his usual hand waving gestures which would correlate with fatigue being symptomatic of Covid. From the camera angle, he seemed deflated. The interesting and devilish thing about it is that that could have been as much a put on as the fake successful business man, or the best president in all of history. I hope he is spared the next two debates, even if he has to take a little sick leave.

1 Like

I got distracted, it seems to me that the administration has also been lying about testing. I don’t believe they are testing as much as they claim they are testing or as prudently as warranted. There is certainly an unbelievable absence of security surrounding the office of the president of the United States. There is no regard for the actual life of the president? Omg! No need for a lone killer. If the virus incubates for a certain period before you show symptoms, presumably, he has been positive for more than one test day. Ideally he should be tested multiple times a day including with the more accurate PCR test. Is that much testing a good idea? Isn’t it better to practice distancing and using masks? My point is they are just lying. And their little bubble has become the microcosm for the test case that proves that going against science based health advice is ill advised. The group that eschews masks and physical distancing is passing Covid around. You can see the super spreader events on television. Testing does nothing to keep the spread of Covid at bay. (Ridiculous like standardized testing). They aren’t testing. They test when someone has symptoms just like they have been saying publicly all along. That’s why he got tested. He and Melania work so closely with Hope that they were forced to get tested. Otherwise he was really into magical thinking that he just wouldn’t get it and if so, would “kill it.”

1 Like

Unless the moderator and the station carrying any future debates promised to muzzle Trump when he wasn’t being asked to respond to the moderator’s questions, I will not waste my time for even a New York minute to watch that crazy shit.

3 Likes