Home | About | Donate

Harder Times for Palestine If Clinton Wins US Election

Harder Times for Palestine If Clinton Wins US Election

Stanley L. Cohen

Have the Palestinians ever faced a worse American electoral season? A sociopathic, New York "strong-man" narcissist versus a neo-liberal Zionist: whoever succeeds - and anything can happen this time - we know it won't be good for Palestine. Both candidates gave almost identical speeches to the American Israeli Public Affairs Committee's (AIPAC) convention this spring.

Trump would even be worse because he's a f****** lunatic.

Hillary will do what she's told to do by the oligarchy (a group of very wealthy people who make all the major decisions).
The oligarchy is well populated by wealthy Zionists. Which is why, for Hillary, it's always been Israel first when it comes to regime change in the Middle East. (She's a warmonger at heart,)

Mike Pence, a rabid and militant defender of Zionism, is Trumps vice-president.
Pence will have Trumps ear on this issue because Trump's a know-nothing, f****** lunatic.
The oligarchy as a whole might counsel Trump to be moderate, but the wealthy Zionists will tell him to kill them all, which is Trump's proclivity anyway. And Pence will tell Trump that they're right.

Hillary will be bad, but Trump will be much worse.

That's all fairly logical and that's the problem with it.
When in the history of this country has any president ever gone to war without the full support of the oligarchy?
Neither Trump nor Hillary will do anything that the oligarchy doesn't want them to do.
Nor will they NOT do what they are told to do by the oligarchy.

So I say again, Trump is a f****** lunatic.

And vote for Jill Stein.

I am done with fascism from the neoliberals and the Libertarians. I am also done with fear, and dammit, I will vote for who I choose and will not be blackmailed into voting for one of the most horrible people ever nominated through cheating by the media, the DNC and the 1%. That is nothing to be proud of. Trump can, and will be controlled; if not by Congress, then the people will finally do it! Jill Stein 2016 now more than ever!

Non-violence is the order of the day.

Of course it is, but then Occupy tried it, didn't they?

comment deleted

"Trump would even be worse because he's a f****** lunatic" - no less than Clinton
See: Stop Trump Fundamentatlists Can Bite Me

Keep Clean, Vote Green

I guess the biggest concern about Trump with regard to the Middle East is what would happen if he tears up the agreement with Iran. I can think of two things and both are bad. One is that Israel launches attacks against Iran's nuclear facilities (that would basically be a certainty without the agreement) and if they can't do the job then the US joins in. Or Trump does nothing about Iran and Israel lacks the capability to stop Iran and soon Iran actually goes on to build nuclear weapons which triggers a nuclear arms race between Iran and Saudi Arabia. And of course Israel is already sitting there with probably a couple of hundred nuclear weapons. Potentially Trump could be far worse than Clinton. That would seem to be obvious.

A vote for Jill Stein, as heartfelt as it may be, is a Vote for Donald Trump. The continued, vain effort to make up for inaction in Germany in the 30s and 40s is a curse the US will be living with for centuries. The sad truth is, there ain't no Jesus (as far as we can tell) and the "final battle" will not be fought in Israel. (For the reasons Zionists and conservative Christians believe.)

Her Travesty should know from "deplorables"

If Clinton is Prez she'll dummy up fake charges about Iran not complying with the agreement as a run-up to attacking them.

She's firmly in Israel's pocket and Israel wants the power structure in Iran gone. They'd much rather have the U.S. carry water for them (see Iraq/Afghanistan/Syria/Libya) than do it themselves.

We're agreed then that the greatest threat to world peace will be the Hillary/Israel axis of evil?

Some of that is convoluted.

You could add Saudi Arabia and NATO too.

I don't know about the greatest threat. I think the rise of the oligarchs and global warming might vie for number one, but Clinton/Israel/Saudi Arabia/NATO are certainly up there. China is also looking a lot more imperialistic than it has been in years past.

Maybe we should break free of our decades of neoliberal ideology, and start focusing on our own scapegoats -- our poor.

We should break free of neoliberal & neoconservative ideology.

There will be harder times for Palestine whether Clinton wins or Trump wins. A vote for Clinton is a vote for Trump & vice-versa. Jill Stein is my kind of president.:v::thumbsup::

With a first paragraph like this "Have the Palestinians ever faced a worse American electoral season? A sociopathic, New York "strong-man" narcissist versus a neo-liberal Zionist: whoever succeeds - and anything can happen this time - we know it won't be good for Palestine. Both candidates gave almost identical speeches to the American Israeli Public Affairs Committee's (AIPAC) convention this spring. "

Is your title not misleading and absolutely and totally unfair? I mean, in all seriousness and to drop all pretension, what kind of bullshit is it to title your article as you did, implying as you do, when the actual "headline" of your essay is that American electoral politics offers nothing but bad options for those who support relief for Palestine?

God that sort of blatant bullshit, and there is no better word for it, is painfully annoying.

Jill Stein doesn't have a prayer of winning. As long as she suggests that vaccinations may cause autism and that wifi may cause brain cancer, no one is going to take her seriously.

She's polling at 1%. Seriously. 1%. We have a WAY better chance of pulling the democratic party to the left than we do of electing a Green party candidate at any point.