Home | About | Donate

Hate-Fest in Warsaw

Hate-Fest in Warsaw

Eric Margolis

Warsaw, Poland is not a fun place to visit in darkest February, but that is where the US just staged an anti-Iranian jamboree of 60 client states that brought derision and scorn from Europeans and much of the Mideast.

The point of this cynical exercise was to lay the diplomatic groundwork for an anti-Iranian coalition to act as a fig-leaf for an upcoming attack on Iran planned by President Donald Trump and his close ally, Israel’s Benjamin Netanyahu.

1 Like

I don’t look to Washington, DC for messaging about our foreign policy. I look to Tel Aviv.

3 Likes

I think it’s overdue to give faith-based beliefs the respect they deserve - none.

3 Likes

India was also subject to a terrorist attack by alleged fundamentalists. The US Government gave their full support for any responses by India.

That just how it works. Terrorists attacks committed by fundamentalists in Syria and Iran against the Government are the work of “freedom fighters” battling against oppression leading to the US arming the groups that commit them or sending in advisors to help them out.

The EU generally goes along with anything the US Empire demands but Governments there recognize that the people are starting to recognize that out in the open hypocrisy.

5 Likes

So you don’t respect MLK, Gandhi, Kathy Kelly and the Voices for Creative Nonviolence, Pax Christi, Christian Peacemaker Teams, Dorothy Day and the anarchist Catholic Workers, Liberation Theology, St. Romero… The anti-impeialism of all these people and organizations were/are all faith-based.

1 Like

They had plenty of reason to be anti-imperial without relying on faith based beliefs.

The need to resist imperialism or any other form of tyranny does not require any faith based belief, nor does any other good thing we can do for ourselves or others.

4 Likes

Whatever they might have been at one time, the MEK should not by any stretch of the imagination be called “marxist”. The coalition they belong to explicitly endorses capitalism. See https://www.ncr-iran.org/en/our-resistance. At present they appear to be acting as tools of U.S. foreign policy.

2 Likes

Why doesn’t Israel join up with Yemen and they have a nice launching point toward the Saudi government! Then they could use some of their 100 nuclear weapons to show how powerful they are ! After all they are just itching for a fight !

The end result of “The Warsaw jamboree” was a nice example of how crazy the governments of the US and Israel are. I am so proud to have residence in this waacked out country!

What proof do you have to make this assumption ? It is as though you are saying that the Iranian people cannot make decisions for their own designation.

On the basis of my many years experience I will trust Eric Margolis and what he writes far far ahead of anybody who is connected to the government of the united states of america.

The idea that evangelical believers believe that there is an omniscient and omnipotent God who will speed up His vast eternal plan to suit the republican party and a bunch of americans who can not wait to get to heaven, is too ridiculous to consider.

2 Likes

“The real question is who is calling the shots in bleak Warsaw, Trump or Bibi Netanyahu? It seems to many that the Israeli tail is again wagging the American dog.
This is thanks to the power of America’s born-again evangelicals, hoodwinked into believing that a Greater Israel is somehow a key part of the Second Coming of Christ.”

Imagine, that! No mention of any possible influence from AIPAC or any other Jewish or Zionist Organizations. It’s just born-again Christians that are facilitating this?

Sorry, Mr. Margolis, I remain skeptical.

One can respect a person… the catholic church has a long history of siding with monsters, from pedophile priests to the Nazis on down.