Home | About | Donate

Health and Labor Groups Sue Trump EPA for Refusal to Ban Pesticide Linked to Brain Damage in Children

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/07/health-and-labor-groups-sue-trump-epa-refusal-ban-pesticide-linked-brain-damage

1 Like

Working alongside EarthJustice was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. The team with whom I worked was dedicated, fun, and indefatigable. Never have I been involved with people who cared so much and worked so hard. To me, their word is their bond. The world is a much better place for their advocacy. Go EJ! Give 'em hell and then double down! Potential expert witnesses and lawyers don’t let any opportunities slip away to work with them.

2 Likes

Doesn’t this prove that Capitalism is a complete fraud? According to that philosophy, the companies that produce chlorpyrifos would be out of business because no informed person would use it and because public health advocates would make sure that there aren’t any uninformed people left to buy it. Obviously, however, that’s very far from the case.

4 Likes

Don’t worry folks, as the fix to this problem is already built in. You see, the pesticides that are poisoning our kids are also killing all the bees and other pollinators. When they are all gone, there won’t be any poisoned food for the kids eat anymore.
See. Problem solved.

2 Likes
1 Like

Welcome to late stage capitalism.

1 Like

This in itself should be grounds for impeachment. When it is found that the president of the United States intentionally subverts the laws designed to protect the public by appointing incompetent, compromised individuals to head the agencies and subverting the scientists and others in the agency working for the public interest and the laws on the books. Well, when that is proven - impeachment seems like the only course.

Yes it is a fraud and the theories of libertarianism that are behind much of it. It sounds nice but in practice human being act against their own best interests and frequently are willing to do harm to others for their own self gain. Think cigarette smoking and how people were only so willing to impose on others right to have clean air and good health.