Home | About | Donate

Health Experts 'Stunned' as Trump Says He Will Resume In-Person Rallies While Infected With Covid-19

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/09/health-experts-stunned-trump-says-he-will-resume-person-rallies-while-infected-covid

2 Likes

If the Donald wants to be SuperSpreader, he needs a red cape and a tight-fitting unitard over his rugged 275 pound body. On the chest it can say “SS”. No wait, that means something else. Whatever, let him have it.

3 Likes

Trump Could Be Back in Public by Saturday. Experts Worry It’s Too Soon.

The memo listed the president’s heart rate (69 beats per minute), blood pressure (127/81), respiratory rate (15 to 17 breaths per minute) and blood oxygen levels (96 to 98 percent with no supplemental oxygen). The memo did not indicate Mr. Trump’s temperature.

Based on the information provided, “No, I would not clear him to start public engagements on Saturday,” said Dr. Phyllis Tien, an infectious-disease physician at the University of California, San Francisco, where she conducts and advises on Covid-19 clinical trials.

~https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/08/health/trump-public-return-experts.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

=====================

If Trump was negative - it would have been announced - at the 99% probability level of confidence.

So he is still positive, beyond a reasonable doubt.

And they did not list in his vitals his temperature - why not - because it is elevated ?

Aside from being criminally insane - Trump is medically sick - too sick to hold office.

7 Likes

We are nothing to him. He will now do anything, literally anything, to stay in office. It’s that or he will have to spend the rest of his days staying out of jail.
Trumps plan since summer has been to hope for a goddamn awful second wave of Covid that would close the nation, and either postpone the election, or make everyone afraid to go out and vote. He was secretly hoping the death toll would be over a million by now.

3 Likes

As I have repeated in posts during the past four years, this is NOT a Trump issue as we watch GOP candidates from the City/County/State/National level serially campaign sans any Covid protocols. The GOP is an organized crime syndicate with a cult following…pure and simple.

4 Likes

Soon he will be doing photo ops in elementary schools “reading” an upside-down copy of My Pet Goat, sans mask, of course.

4 Likes

I agree. We are in a very dangerous time, Trump is like a dangerous cornered animal that is so desperate and so unhinged there is absolutely nothing he will do to stay in office including bombing Iran… but lets hope I am wrong!

3 Likes

Back in the day, people who had skin lesions, from leprosy to psoriasis to eczema, were forced to wear bells and ring them, crying out, “Unclean! Unclean!”
Methinks it be time to revive that old practice, this time for people like Trump and the people who refuse to wear masks. If they’re so concerned with “personal responsibility”, then let others know so “the market” can decide whether or not to be around them.
Like the old saying goes, your personal rights end when they pick my pocket or break my kneecaps.

1 Like

Yuk:

~https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/08/trump-covid-drug-developed-using-cells-derived-from-abortion

One good thing about trump remaining in office. Pence can’t pardon him.
If Biden is elected trump could face from 4-16 years without the option of being pardoned.
Another good thing is that trump’s mug wouldn’t be the MSM cash cow with trump’s face in OUR faces on a daily basis.

1 Like

Boy oh boy, that 421 million coming due in the next four years really seems to be the powerful motivator for lying and keeping up 45’s hate zests, erm, rallies along with voter suppression and voter ratfckery.

If this monstrosity of a human were covid negative, it would have been announced, right?

2 Likes

Both Trump and Dr. Sean Conley should be arrested and charged with reckless endangerment before more people become infected with the virus.

1 Like

Trump should be - but then - Trump is flat out guilty of much more than public endangerment - and so far skates clear.

His doctor - I’m not so sure.

I’ve been watching and reading Conley’s public pronouncements closely.

There is an interesting and hard to pronounce word:

"palimpsest"

One meaning:

“something having usually diverse layers or aspects apparent beneath the surface”
~https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/palimpsest

If one reads carefully the doctor’s words - and further what he doesn’t say - much becomes clear.

In my post above, #2, from the NY Times - there is a hidden message.

• Trump’s vitals are put forward - but not his temperature
  • Positive or negative - not mentioned - but the doc knows that is perhaps what EVERYBODY wants to know.

I think the doc has been consistently telling us what is going on without being fired.

Like Dr. Fauci - a tricky maneuver.

PS:

Conley mentioned also that Trump is off Dex - and a few days ago he mentioned that we won’t really know how Trump is doing until this coming Monday. This next few days, in other words, is a critical time, when Trump could deteriorate.

Maybe that chance is one in ten, perhaps two in ten, as Gwynne Dyer estimated in his article here on CD.

Two in ten is Russian Roulette.

Back in April, several politicians (I don’t remember names, unfortunately,) said that anyone intentionally spreading COVID should be charged with terrorism.

(According to a memo from March, it was Trump’s own DOJ: “corona virus appears to meet the statutory definition of a ‘biological agent’ under 18 U.S.C. § 178(1),” and acts of intentional exposure “potentially could implicate the Nation’s terrorism-related statutes.)

1 Like

This might be a great time to study the effects of napalm on the Coronavirus.

In a somewhat related note, the governor of Michigan observed, quite correctly, that the people who wanted to kidnap and execute her should be referred to as domestic terrorists instead of militiamen. But the mainstream media, including MSNBC, is loath to use that accurate appellation.

3 Likes

Palimpsest was also the name of a book authored decades ago by Gore Vidal. Also, Conley should be charged with reckless endangerment because of the simple fact that he knows [or should know] that a patient who has contracted COVID-19 should be held in isolation for 10 to 14 days. Giving Trump the green light to go to his rallies increases the chances that people will be infected with the coronavirus. Conley apparently does not have the gumption to tell Trump that he is the doctor and that if he does not like his advice then he should hire another doctor. Unfortunately doing that would require courage and integrity and those are two attributes which seem to be in short supply these days.

1 Like

Oh come on, 275 lbs?!? His doctor says he weighs 230 and is built like a linebacker. Would medical professionals lie?

Not only that but Trump recently declared, with a straight face, that:

“I’m back because I am a perfect physical specimen and I’m extremely young. And so I’m lucky in that way,” he said on Fox Business Thursday.”

This is coming from a person who has difficulty walking down ramps. It is also unclear why Trump thinks that being 74 years old somehow qualifies him as being “extremely young.” And his loyal and brain dead followers will simply accept what he says without question. What is going on in the United States today is, as the expression goes, enough to make the angels weep.

1 Like

Everywhere he goes there should be a large masked crowd hissing and booing.

1 Like