Home | About | Donate

'Heartless' and 'Unacceptable': Judge Slams Trump Admin. for DACA Deadline Refusal

'Heartless' and 'Unacceptable': Judge Slams Trump Admin. for DACA Deadline Refusal

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

A federal judge in Brooklyn on Tuesday blasted the Trump administration's decision not to extend the Oct. 5 deadline for recipients of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program as "heartless" and "unacceptable."

What a relief to hear a person with power who chooses to use it ethically. Far more important than the letter of law or rules is the intention. This cancellation of DACA is amongst the worst actions of human beings.

Please tell that to their parents who never bothered to become citizens. What- you were here for thirty years and never bothered? Why?

Do you know that people who become citizens are required to take an oath that they will bear arms for this country? Or at least, that’s what one person has told me who has refused the honor of being a citizen. No doubt people have their reasons. I wonder whether you could pass the citizenship test? Apparently you can’t pass the empathy test. At least, not to my standards. “Books say: She did this because. Life says: She did this. Books are where things are explained to you; life is where things aren’t. I’m not surprised some people prefer books.” Julian Barnes