Home | About | Donate

'Heartless Punishment Against Vulnerable People': AG William Barr Rules Asylum Seekers Can Be Detained Indefinitely

'Heartless Punishment Against Vulnerable People': AG William Barr Rules Asylum Seekers Can Be Detained Indefinitely

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Attorney General William Barr late Tuesday reversed a previous Justice Department ruling that allowed asylum seekers to be released on bond, a move immigrant rights groups said could lead to the indefinite detention of thousands of immigrants.

0 Likes

This policy could easily be right out of Orwell.

The US government has become the wicked and inhumane government. No longer ‘the melting pot of the world’, we are now the world’s leading prison system.

9 Likes

I wonder who will get the 100s of millions to do so? Wonder who pays for it? Another example of money before humanity.

3 Likes

Detained Indefinitely

I’m not a lawyer but isn’t that Illegal and/or unconstitutional?

But then THIS is how you support your mega-donors in the Prison-industrial complex

8 Likes

quite obvious that the insane have taken over the asylum, the greedy, criminally insane! no amount of punishment would be enough for these “so called” people.

7 Likes

His confirmation hearing should have told us that he was a slippery slimy fat man. His history was and is what he is. A closeted; misogynistic, xenophobic, homophobic white racist.

5 Likes

Cruelty of the Empire accelerates as it’s influence in the world deninishes from Latin America to the Middle East.

2 Likes

How would these people in the mid-west feel if they were detained indefinitely because they had to flee their homes from the flooding?
Put them in a camp surrounded by barbed wire (for their protection).

4 Likes

What the U.S. can learn from immigration policy around the world.

2 Likes

And… it is right out of Himmler.
These policies are spawned by the unholy coupling of xenophobia and greed.

“Indefinite Detention” means $$$$$$$ for GEO Group, CoreCivic, and their heartless
shareholders!

2 Likes

I hope no one kidnaps Barron Trump. But, with his father kidnapping hundreds or thousands of children it seems like a real possibility. I do hope the Secret Service does provide Extra Protection for the young mr. Trump since his father is out of control and may cause harm to his own son by way of a revenge kidnapping.

1 Like

so correct, anything for a greasy buck.

0 Likes

White America has to get serious about understanding that we cannot hold back the tide of America becoming a nation of a shared color, religion, creed, and immigrated-integrated- and homogeneous community.
Mealouts would say, but for those in ivory towers, we are all Americans.

0 Likes

Who died and made this “MoFo” God?

0 Likes

Global warming is going to cause a HUGE refugee crisis. The whole world better set up some policies and suck it up.

0 Likes