Home | About | Donate

Heartless! Senate Trumpcare Plan Every Bit as 'Ugly' and 'Cruel' as Expected

Heartless! Senate Trumpcare Plan Every Bit as 'Ugly' and 'Cruel' as Expected

Jake Johnson, staff writer

After weeks of secrecy, the Senate GOP's Trumpcare plan—described as "a tax cut wrapped in the veneer of a healthcare bill" that could portend a "near-apocalyptic scenario for the poor" —was made

Why on Earth are we using the oxymoron "Trumpcare?"

If there was only a opposition party to the universal republican party - you know the demo-repubs - demanding that health is right and not a profit engine for huge corporate interests just maybe we could actually design a system that would guarantee care for all Americans. Just a dream, but maybe this plan will motivate the millions losing coverage to take radical action - like voting 3rd party and reinventing the entire system. Well, one can dream.

While this bill in my view is "ugly" and "cruel" as the headline states for the libertarians it doesn't go far enough. Rand Paul is objecting that the Republicans are not trying to completely repeal Obamacare. A number of Republicans in the Freedom caucus probably have a similar view. The bill might not be passed not because so many people will be cut off from health care coverage but rather that it does not go far enough toward total repeal of Obamacare.

http://www.pnhp.org/hr676cosponsors

Correct. They left on the table that insurance companies cannot discriminate against preexisting conditions. Rand Paul argues that when you pool the population you increase rates significantly for healthy individuals. His point is that those who have worked at their health to prevent obesity, diabetes, heart disease and cancer are paying for those who have not altered their lifestyle choices to prevent these diseases. Ironically, it is Rand's population and the Trump population who have the highest incidence of these somewhat preventable diseases. Generally, Trump supporters are not vegetarian nonsmoking exercising yogis. So, Rand, who appears fit, will work in eliminating this item from the bill, Additionally, Trump had on several occasions expressed his distaste for obesity.

This would result in the utter destruction of any political party in every other country on Earth if this was proposed. Here in the US, given what the opposition party is, I have little faith. The only hope I have is that these horrible changes will take a long time, since doing this quickly would result in outright collapse, and these rat bastards could be thrown the hell out before the provisions are actually put into place.

Having said this, there have never been a better time to push for single payer. Marx once said that capitalists are their own gravediggers. In general, that hasn’t been the case, but those that support this are likely to see people further radicalized in the other direction, and single payer is already now increasingly popular. While it is for many reasons and because of the work of lots of committed activists, it is also the case in large part because of Bernie pushing us in that direction. The data shows this, there has been a sizeable shift since he rose during the primaries.

It isn’t acceptable for the Democrats to only defend the ACA. Even if you want the ACA to remain, you don’t start your negotiation from where you want everything to end, you start from a more radical position then negotiate towards the ACA. Regardless, the ACA is better than what preceded it, and much better than this monstrosity, but it isn’t enough either.

I watched Rockefeller in an interview some years ago. He talked about wealth and what was needed to acquire it.
* Finally, he stated that the main problem was overpopulation. "We need to get rid of about six billion people. They are using up too much of our resources."
* Remember, to the Ubermench with their billions or trillions in the vaults, We the People have no value other than providing cheap labor, and going deeper in debt for the toys they convince us that we need.
* When we get old or sick, they have no desire to "waste" money on healthcare, food or housing. When we are used up, they want to just throw us away and hire a replacement for as little as they can get away with, until the replacement gets injured or sick. Then they throw him or her away and hire another needy person trying to feed his family.
* Food co-ops and farmer's markets often have a hard time even finding a place to open. Cuts into chain market profits a little bit. If Monsanto gets its way, they will be the sole supplier of seeds and fertilizer. All GMO. Varieties gone forever, contaminated by cross pollination, wherever they can be found.
* Unless We the People figure out a way to reestablish our own power and influence and take control of this country, soon, we will find ourselves in no better shape than medieval serfs, toiling for the wealthy Oilagarchy for whatever crumbs they might sweep off their tables so we can feed our families.
* As the article says, "Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is still considering input from corporate lobbyists." In other words, the Oilagarchy is worrying that there might be a profit scam or two that was overlooked and they want to make sure it is included in the new bill. Their puppets obediently await their orders.
* I'm glad I am too old to have to worry about what is done to this country and the world, but my heart goes out to the youth, who presumably have a lifetime to endure the stench and offal from the eagle's eyrie.
;-})

Good Point!  Why not call it 'RePooplican Care' (or 'PoopCare' for short) and put the blame where it belongs – squarely on the shoulders of the RePooplican Party.   Although I have no doubt that Tweetle-Dumb will sign whatever is put in front of him (probably without even reading an executive summary), at least he once pro- mised to "not touch MediCare" and has accurately described the current bill as "Mean".

Some of them already are, or at least were, until they were forcibly removed from picketing Mitch McConnell's office earlier today.  Hopefully this was just the beginning of widespread mass protests that will bring our gov- ernmental crisis to a head.

That's a good one!  Tweetle-Dumb, with the svelte figure usually associated with a moldy Hallowe'en Jack- (Ass)-O-Lantern a week or two after Thanksgiving and a known penchant for junk food – a perfect poster-
boy for what happens when you don't take care of yourself – "has a distaste for obesity."  
(Hhmmm – I wonder if Melania is getting worried?  But then again, maybe she's looking for an out . . . )

Don't expect any support from the DNC: Krooked Hilliary and her stooges Tom Perez & Dirty Debbie Duhbya-
Ass are totally in thrall to Big Pharma and the the Health Insurance industry.  Unless there is a TOTAL house- cleaning of the DamnocRatic Party, Independents such as Bernie are – with VERY few exceptions – our only hope for meaningful change.

If cost cannot go down --- Eat healthy and be healthy

(1) For government does nothing that reduces corporate profit.

(2) Medical industry will never improve as it would reduce profit.

(3) Insurance industry gets 30% of the gross sales, so will only increase the gross.

(4) Doctors, nurses and hospitals strive for maximum patients --- no help there.

(5) Solution, eat a 10% fat diet and hospitals no longer are your place of worship.

How can republicans cut more then $50 billion from government healthcare, yet claim it is "better... improved"?

Another republiCON tax cut for the rich.

Not only does McConnell and the repubs want to cut taxes for the rich, they want to make retroactive the capital gains tax cuts to before the ACA went into effect. How perverse is that.

McConnell is one of the biggest liars and hypocrites in the history of US politics.

(5) Solution, eat a 10% fat diet and hospitals no longer are your place of worship.

Not really.

Trudy
People don’t like to pay for other people’s healthcare.”

When I served in the Vietnam war, I received free healthcare. So, were other people paying for my healthcare? No, for I was sacrificing my time and possibly my life in service to all taxpayers, thereby creating a relationship where not only was I paying for my own healthcare, but by my sacrifice also paying for all the essentials of life for everyone in USA.

Wealth is the property we own above what is needed to have a comfortable life.

Wealth is property that rightfully belongs to the one billion humans now suffering hunger.

Wealth, if you own it, then you have the blood guilt for every aborted baby that belonged to an impoverished mother.

Greed is in direct proportion to wealth, for the greater your wealth the greater your pride and the greater your desire to compete for wealth.

Greater your wealth, the greater a killer you are as the more willing you must be to kill anyone who may harm your wealth.

Greater your wealth, the greater a war-hawk must you be when it comes to destroying any nation that may harm your wealth.

Since the beginning of civilization, the upper-half of society has always owned all the land and wealth.

In Empire USA, the rich turn the upper-half of society into slave drivers by allowing them to enslave the lower-half by poverty.

In Empire USA, only the educated upper-half of society can afford good healthcare.

Trudy
People are not willing to pay for other people’s healthcare.”

When I served in the Vietnam war, I received free healthcare. So, were other people paying for my healthcare? No, for I was sacrificing my time and possibly my life in service to all taxpayers, thereby creating a relationship where not only was I paying for my own healthcare, but by my sacrifice also paying for all the essentials of life for everyone in USA.

Wealth is the property we own above what is needed to have a comfortable life.

Wealth is property that rightfully belongs to the one billion humans now suffering hunger.

Wealth, if you own it, then you have the blood guilt for every aborted baby that belonged to an impoverished mother.

Greed is in direct proportion to wealth, for the greater your wealth the greater your pride and the greater your desire to compete for wealth.

Greater your wealth, the greater a killer you are as the more willing you must be to kill anyone who may harm your wealth.

Greater your wealth, the greater a war-hawk must you be when it comes to destroying any nation that may harm your wealth.

Since the beginning of civilization, the upper-half of society has always owned all the land and wealth.

In Empire USA, the rich turn the upper-half of society into slave drivers by allowing then to enslave the lower-half by poverty.

In Empire USA, only the educated upper-half of society can afford good healthcare.

The healthcare stocks surge on news of senate plan----former CEO Dr. Molina was asked about the current bill on CNBC(Dr.Molina was pushed out of Molina health insurance,a company he founded,because he cared too much about patients and not profits)said this republican plan is a disaster. The CNBC commentator said- but the health providers like this their stocks are going up. Because they will make a profit while people die.

Rand Paul was asked about the people of Kentucky who will loose insurance-----they will have to figure out how to pay for it at the state level he said.He really ignored questions about the tax cut for the wealthy?

I hope people wake up!THIS IS THE LARGEST TRANSFER OF WEALTH TO THE UPPER 5% IN AMERICAN HISTORY!
SUPPORT THE COMMONS

Johnson sez: "... Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is still considering input from corporate lobbyists ..."

He will go from "considering" to "accepting" when the bids are unsealed.

I don't think there's going to be a choice but some variation of single payer now. The Senate bill not only cuts Medicaid, it creates a ratcheting effect that incentivizes additional cuts to the program via budget "offset" rules in Congress while slowly whittling away its purchasing power by tying its funding to the CPI. Republicans know states will trim benefits since FMPAs will ratchet down while future Congresses, especially under Republican control, will trim block grants to offset other budgetary priorities. This isn't just mean, it's reprehensible, designed specifically to incentivize states to disenroll people from the program.

I know Democrats aren't popular on this board, but keep in mind, a majority of the most conservative Democratic members of Congress voted to do the literal opposite of what Republicans are doing in this bill. They expanded Medicaid and financed 100% of the expansion via Federal dollars through 2016, then via a 90% share through 2020. This was done specifically to incentivize states to enroll people--the most in need--in a publicly funded healthcare program. In other words, there is a genuine, real difference between the parties, particularly when it comes to healthcare.

Frankly, words just can't capture what McConnell is doing.

Single-Payer Healthcare for California Is, In Fact, Very Doable