Home | About | Donate

'Height of Child Hunger Chutzpah': Pence Uses Guise of 'Nutrition' to Claims Schools Must Reopen in Fall

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/07/08/height-child-hunger-chutzpah-pence-uses-guise-nutrition-claims-schools-must-reopen

4 Likes

Sure, feed the kids processed food – and let them take COVID-19 home to their parents and grandparents. If their parents die they will have even greater problems than one meal at school a day.

7 Likes

Have we ever had a Vice President who has shown himself to be as much of a shameless toady as Mike Pence? This theocratic reich-wing asshole has been Trumpo the Traitor’s puppet from the get go. I still remember that early meeting that Trumpo headed with others around the table. They all had bottles of water in front of them. For some reason the Buffoon decided to put his bottle on the floor and within 5 seconds Pence the Lap Dog did the same thing. He has been the pathetic echo of whatever idiocy or even treason that Twitler has dictated ever since. Pence doesn’t give a shit about the possible health concerns of these children and their parents. All he cares about is that Rethugs want the nation to look as normal as possible in time for the “elections” in November. This goes hand in hand with the idea of thousands of people all crowded into that arena in, where else, Florida, to listen to Trumpo accept the nomination from this thoroughly bankrupt party that started its degeneration into extremism decades ago. Its all about appearances and not about reality. What would we expect from a fact-averse POS who is our first real TV president. Mary Trump, a PhD clinical psychologist, has a book that should be devastating to the frauds, myths and overall bullshit of The Donald. Uh-meriKKKans will ignore her insights into this appalling monster at their peril. However, since tens of millions of these fools are firmly mired in what has been called Trump’s death cult it remains to be seen if we can ever thoroughly reject this treasonous liar and criminal.
The so-called “swing states” largely hold the key to whether we will have 4 more years of this bronzered nightmare in the Oval. You can bet that the Rethug operatives who perverted the elections going back to at least 2000 will be out in full force this Fall. I keep hoping for what would seem like a political miracle - that the RNC, its oligarch employers and others will finally see just how damaging Trumpo the Buffoon is to their conservative wrecking crew and somehow arrange for him to step down. I’m not holding my breath on that one. As to Pence I would bet that he has the same idea in that idiot’s brain of his. To obey, obey, obey with the possibility that he could take over as Acting President or even be the nominee if Trumpo comes crashing down.
i will say this again - I want the whole rotten to the core Republican Party to be burned to ground and started over with something approaching their earlier policy platforms. It is interesting to note the platform for their 1956 presidential race. Ike would have been considered a hopeless liberal by this present crowd of right-wing assholes.

5 Likes

The only one I can think of that comes close is maybe Biden, who is what the Democrats are saying is our biggest hope against this toady and his master…we’re so fucked.

8 Likes

Time for another time-saving internet abbreviation: WSF!

7 Likes

I can dig it.

1 Like

The Lil’ Jimmies need food.
The Lil’ Jimmies need masks.

Don-tweety-Trump:
“In Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and many other countries, SCHOOLS ARE OPEN WITH NO PROBLEMS.”

Well, yeah Donnie… of course they are ~ THEY did not have YOU as their p.resident!!!

4 Likes

Screwed? Yep. But we can survive 4 yrs of Biden. We will NOT survive 4 more yrs of Trump-dum & GOP goons!

We really must look into how it is that for 2 presidential runs now, we have – not the best of each Party running for the Office – but, we have 2 choices that we really are not happy about!
Not the BEST either Party has to offer us, then why are those our only choices?! Too much money & manipulation poisoning our presidential elections? (Duh! Ya’ hink?!)

2 Likes

So what would happen if the Teachers and staff simply said NO, we are not going back in to those schools until… X, Y, Z, period !

No Teachers, No Staff, No School

3 Likes

The only one I can think of that comes close is maybe Biden, who is what the Democrats are saying is our biggest hope against this toady and his master…we’re so fucked.

That we are. The only option is to choose whether by a donkey or an elephant

2 Likes

I think that’s where the power is.
Besides school interferes with education.
But … not really hoping all schools will get together and say “sir no sir”

“We’re so focked”
and now it’s even harder to get contraceptives…

1 Like

The picture of this man is (like most are of him) absolutely frightening. It’s like he has no soul.

2 Likes

And yet, he claims to be an ardent Christian. Pence is just more proof that self-righteous assholes like him who say that they follow Jesus are some of the biggest hypocrites in he world.

6 Likes

“Give me your Christ but keep your christians” —- Gandhi

3 Likes

Let’s take a close look at the benefits of citizenship in the countries Trump holds out as examples, as compared with the benefits of citizenship to average Americans.

2 Likes

All the more reason to Dump Trump, Punt Pence and Ditch DeVos in November!

Add Bill Barr & Mitch McConnell and you have the four whoresmen of the apoplexy – and their whore!

2 Likes

Don’t forget that in from January 2001 to January 2009 the situation was reversed — The Lying Son-of-a-Bush did exactly – and only – what Tricky Dick Cheney told him to do.

And don’t forget that it’s good, highly nutritious fresh vegetables and other natural foods that they’ll be missing —
like pepperoni pizza!

2 Likes

They cut food stamps for the children just a little while ago. Why do Christians lie so shamelessly?

4 Likes