Home | About | Donate

Here's How We Kill the Senate's Trumpcare Bill

Here's How We Kill the Senate's Trumpcare Bill

Leah Greenberg, Ezra Levin

What's in this “new” TrumpCare bill?

After weeks of total secrecy, this morning Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell released the Senate TrumpCare bill. And what a cruel, ugly bill it is. It guts Medicaid, it increases health costs for the middle-class, it cuts coverage for pre-existing conditions, it eliminates funding for Planned Parenthood...and it does this all in order to greenlight a massive tax cut for millionaires and billionaires.

Pulleez Leah and Ezra, stop calling it the 'Trumpcare ' bill.

If you must call it anything, call it...the

TrumpDon'tCare Bill.

I've submitted an amendment, containing my story to be read into the Congressional Record. I need to also find the section that (I'm sure unconstitutionally) defines Planned Parenthood as the only Medicaid provider that doesn't qualify to be paid for services rendered for the next year. It was early on in the House bill, and I hope it'll be as easy to find in the revision.

Here it is, Section 124, Federal Payments to States, (A) Definitions, 1 (of 2) Prohibited Entities, p. 34 https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3872487-SenateHCBill.html

How can it pretend to be constitutional to define just one entity, that already (A) "(ii) is an essential community provider described in section 156.235 of title 45, Code of Federal Regulations," [essential, get that?] and received (B) more than $350,000,000 in FY14, as a "Prohibited Entity" for just one year? What's supposed to happen to the people who got those FY14 essential community services? Shameful!