Home | About | Donate

Hero Boat Captain Pia Klemp Rejects Paris Medal for Bravery as 'Hypocrite Honoring,' Calls for 'Revolution'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/22/hero-boat-captain-pia-klemp-rejects-paris-medal-bravery-hypocrite-honoring-calls

3 Likes

Memo to Nancy Pelosi:

This is what the REAL “Heart of Resistance” looks like, you effete, self-dealing poser.

17 Likes

I think I’m in love.

5 Likes

“We do not need medals,” Klemp wrote in a public Facebook post. “We do not need authorities deciding about who is a ‘hero’ and who is ‘illegal.’ In fact they are in no position to make this call, because we are all equal.”

I truly love humble honest people…all of our shadows are the same.

13 Likes

Documents and housing for all! Food and education for all. Peace of mind for all. Resources to create art for all. Dance for all. Child care for all. Love for all.

11 Likes

1000 Hearts

3 Likes

The world needs more hero’s like this,how refreshing to see and hear after listening to trumps vile never-ending spewing of complete and utter bull shit and demented verbal diarrhoea.

7 Likes

‘Paris’? How did any part of France qualify to give out a medal for rescuing those created by the US and their toe sucker …Macron and his military poodles! If the clueless mayor of Paris has the time to put this feel good event together, she has the time to organize another 20,000 for this weekends yellow vest protest.

2 Likes

Well humans I guess there’s hope for us yet.

5 Likes

When we think of Pia and Greta surely we must find courage and inspiration ourselves to change the world for the better as in one of true human liberation.

We don’t have a moment to waste for Mother Earth’s eco-systems are under threat of collapse. Human solidarity now more than ever is needed.

11 Likes

Poignantly well said.
And when we are on a slide into cynicism a light comes on leading us back into a just world.
The contrast is so stark, why are we not doing anything to fix us?

3 Likes

On a side note: Europe is immersed in varying degrees of difficulty dealing with the current migrant/refugee situation, and so is the USA. So WTF are they going to do when climate refugees by the tens of millions join the teeming throngs?

1 Like

Those without honor have none to bestow

4 Likes

Just a comment on today’s shooting in L.A.
A reporter was asking why this might have happened. A policeman shot from an apt. window.
Well where do we start with reasons why.? Do we go with the mad about racism, about police abuse, a bad court decision, personal reasons, or one of many national police state appearances of overreach?
Actually this makes a lot more sense than these “shoot anybody that moves” murders.

1 Like

I can understand that. Ms. Klemp is beautiful inside and outside. And a woman of integrity.

4 Likes

It’s happening, isn’t it - this social justice revolution !

My hat is off to this courageous individual ~

3 Likes

And not just Phat Boy, but a lot of others spewing BS.

1 Like

Interesting that so many of the people with cojones are women.

1 Like

I grinned wide at that, because your so right, thanks…and thanks for the "Wich side are you on video " nice to meet you texasaggie…

Why indeed , I don’t understand how we have gone so far astray, how could we have screwed up so profoundly? Pia Klemp should be nominated for a Nobel prize for humanitarian aid, if there is such a classification, if not create one, her efforts should be heralded loudly, if only for one day to drown out the never-ending assault on the truth and all that is good in the world…

1 Like