Home | About | Donate

Hey, Psst, Prince Charles: Here are Some Graphs on Global Heating That Maybe Even Trump Could Understand

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/06/06/hey-psst-prince-charles-here-are-some-graphs-global-heating-maybe-even-trump-could

2 Likes

Trump is indeed hopeless, but though they are smoother, so are the fossil fuel barons, they wont really change.
But look around the roads, the airports, the meat counters, etc - people aren’t changing either.
And the human population continues to grow rapidly, each wanting to consume, even as we hear about a million extinctions, no room for the great cats, giraffes, monarch butterflies, gorillas…
Maybe the best hope is that the climate deniers are somehow right after all, though I don’t see how. Or maybe you might as well live it up while you still can.

1 Like

“Prince Charles may as well have saved his breath. There are nothing but squirrels running around inside Trump’s brain case and it should have been apparent some time ago to anyone bothering to look”

Exactly so professor Cole!

I would like to go off-topic a short distance - especially at the anniversary and remembrance of the Normandy invasion against Nazism/fascism, and all the Service members killed, to remind everyone that June 8 (Saturday) is the 52nd anniversary of the 1967 Israeli attack on the USS Liberty that killed or wounded over 200 American service members They are NOT remembered or acknowledged by the craven and complicit US government!
http://www.gtr5.com/

" report released on Capitol Hill today by former officials from the highest level of the American military and government reveals that Israel “committed acts of murder against American serviceman and an act of war against the United States” when it (Israel) deliberately attacked the American Navy Ship USS Liberty in 1967, killing 34 and wounding 172 American crew members."

• that attempted false-flag op that didn’t go as the Zionist terrorists planned, but the cover-up by both the Israelis and US government has gone just as planned with no accountability and even more subversion of America by that de facto terrorist entity! The fact that the current fake president deceived and lied his way out of service, and commits acts of betrayal daily, only adds to my outrage!

http://www.ussliberty.org/moorerfindings.htm - Admiral Thomas H Moorer report on the Liberty attack.

Israeli subversion of US sovereignty (including “meddling” in elections) is more insidious than ever with Israeli forces training American police and ICE agents, treating American people of color, men, women and children, in similar ways as Israel treats Palestinians!

https://deadlyexchange.org/immigration-and-customs-enforcement-ice-and-deadly-exchange/

NEVER FORGET - NEVER FORGIVE the USS LIBERTY Attack and cover-up! BDS!

5 Likes

Climate change/warming. I confess I really don’t know that much about it and haven’t made my mind up about it. On the one hand I can see greedy corporations denying any correlation between the carbon Dioxide they are heaving out, and on the other I can see government greedy for taxes and total control over citizens by regulating all things energy, which is about every-thing and every one! I’ve gone to climate talks and they just raise more questions than answers for me. For instance, Greenland was named green for the crops it was producing around the year 1000 A.D., not much industrialization then. Here in Southern Oregon, how much CO2 do these forest fires crank out that we are choking on every summer? By the way I think the fires are more due to the Dept. of Forestry official policy of “let-it-burn” because lightening fires are “natural” than due to global warming. Then, how much CO2 does one volcanic eruption generate? Then you have some scientists that attribute warming/cooling and variation to sun cycles. If sun cycles are taken into account, do they negate the paltry 150 years cited above? Here in Oregon the legislature is gearing up to pass a carbon tax that while it will drastically raise the price on everything and give government more of our wool, uh, money, one expert claims is will reduce global warming 1/4000 of one degree. True? Like I said, more questions for me than answers. Our government is a corporatocracy, they are in cahoots together and I don’t trust either one, and least of all, our corporate/government media. Gopherit

The American public has no knowledge of the USS Liberty, if they did, we would live in a different world.

1 Like

As for the rest of us, we are being cooked by his policies, and our children will be drowned.

Relatively few will drown compared to those who starve, succumb to re-animated pathogens or die in civil or multi-national wars over water and food resources and panicked, mass climate-refugee flows.

The mass climate refugee flows have already begun with Central Americans trying to escape the ferocious drought of that region.

If we don’t act, the real-world will resemble World War Z, with the zombies replaced by desperate populations on the run, and hot-zones of highly communicative dieases.

You’re right to a point. Thankfully the net is changing that, more and more people are finally getting up to speed on the subject.

Up to speed after 50 years…