Home | About | Donate

High-Ranking Official Reveals How Pentagon Punishes Whistleblowers

High-Ranking Official Reveals How Pentagon Punishes Whistleblowers

Nika Knight, staff writer

Pentagon officials tasked with protecting whistleblowers have lied under oath, illegally destroyed documents, and gone out of their way to ruin people's careers and lives for attempting to raise concerns about government abuses of power, according to a high-ranking Department of Defense (DoD) official, John Crane, who went public with his story on Sunday.

When the government fears the people that is a good thing, these guys act terrified someone might bust out the truth.

It's not surprising that Crane felt the need to go outside the U.S. media bubble to tell his story. Inside the bubble, he would have faced enormous pressure either to shut up or soft pedal his criticisms.

Or end up on a kill list.

That could still happen.

Or in indefinite detention. America free speech and freedom.

I agree with Edward Snowden. I love what America says it is and its ideals, but I hate what Amerika really is and has been doing in my name and getting away with it, for far too long!

Fast track to Martial Law.. Another sign... Just look at what is happening in third world countries...that is our future, for most of us.
Look at the transition of our civilian police departments into militarized ones....Look at the Boston Strong event...talk about a display of Martial Law......Get yourselves ready, the Government knows what is coming....look at the signs, look at the environmental events. How secure do your really feel? How self-sufficient is your community? What if your Big Box stores closed down?.... What if there were no more corporate "office jobs"?....What if your 401K was worthless?.... What will you do? You know what the government will do?.....Martial Law.... Our whistleblowers may be our last authentic journalists..... our last messengers..... Shall we dare to listen?

imo, Trump will likely will beat the hell out of Clinton with this. No reason for him to start now however, too far from the election, and better to wait until after the Dem convention, otherwise, he risks attacking Clinton too much, and giving support to Sanders. I think he wants to face Clinton, not Sanders.

I would like to make 2 points about Snowden:
1. Snowden has some good things to say about Sanders
2. Sanders call for some form of clemency or a plea agreement, also he seems more concerned about what Snowden exposed. I think Sanders will take care of this and use Snowden to deal with the NSA when he gets in office.

I have to laugh, somewhat ruefully, as I wrote the following just before Bush II put his hand on the Bible and lied the first time. I sent it out, including to my reader list, and suggested that they put in a file and review it in six months or a year.
* I got blasted royally! "This can't happen here! Maybe in the Soviet Union or Nazi Germany, but not here. We're a democracy!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
January 5, 2001 prediction
by
Steve Osborn

Well, it seems the President-appointee has selected his cabinet to guide us through the next four years. As expected, he has filled most of the posts with the most reactionary right wingers he could find. The Secretary of labor is anti-labor and anti-Social Security, the Attorney General probably thinks Hitler was a liberal. We have retreads from the Reagan/Bush administrations, corporate CEO’s, in short, a cadre of people dedicated to ensuring that the rich get richer, the poor get poorer and the middle class supports it all until it is taxed into poverty, too. The environment will be raped and despoiled for every last dollar that can be squeezed out of it. The International Cartels and the WTO will have yet more of the poor and the displaced to exploit, at home and abroad. Protests of this wanton destruction will fall on the ears of a bought Supreme Court which has already proved that it is acutely conscious of who put them in their lifetime situations.
Our Constitution will be more narrowly interpreted by this court and the civil rights gained at so much pain, suffering and sacrifice will gradually be eroded or disallowed. We will become a nation of dispossessed, poverty stricken, hungry and illiterate people standing in lines for jobs or food, fighting for crusts and watching the limousines drive by.
If he can accomplish this, the President-appointee will no doubt get a pat on the head from his daddy for accomplishing what daddy only made a start at.
As it was under Nixon, Reagan and Bush the First, our children will once again have their role models in high places to teach them that greed, venality, vengeance and the bottom line are the only things worthwhile and that caring, compassion, love and conservation of resources are just weaknesses to be exploited if there is power or profit to be gained.
What is needed today are statesmen, but who would risk assassination or being dragged through the muck of character assassination by what passes for leaders today. Mussolini’s Black Shirts made thinkers, intellectuals, idealists, teachers and opposition politicians drink a quart of Castor oil and stand in the street until they soiled themselves, to the amusement of the fascists. It is rarely remembered that this humiliation was also the administration of an often fatal dose of a slow acting poison.
Will we and our cherished Constitution manage to survive this increasingly blatant takeover? Can we live through another “Corporate State?”
And then, of course, there is war and all the corporate profits that accrue to that, not to mention the curtailment of personal liberties in the name of “National Security” that goes with it.
* Three months later, I sent Bush a letter, which was of course ignored. (It was also published here and there.)
Mr. George W. Bush,
By the grace of the U. S. Supreme Court (5-4),
Appointed Bush II, President of the United States of America

Dear Mr. Bush;
I am a citizen of the United States of America. I am approaching 64 years of age. I am a veteran, USN, and an Atomic Vet, so I know first hand the horror of nuclear war. I retired out of the fire service after twenty-five years with the rank of Battalion Chief, so have served my community with honor as I did my country
I grew up in the cold war rhetoric of the fifties and was overjoyed when it ended and we entered into an era of relatively peaceful cooperation throughout the world. I watched as endless scientific studies were made regarding our environment and what was happening to it that might adversely affect our survival on this planet. Finally, the world scientific community agreed basically on some of the problems and their solutions.
The growing holes and thinning of the ozone layer is contributing to cancers, overuse of chemicals is polluting our water supplies and destroying our viable farmland, destruction of our forests, disregard of the importance of various species of wildlife in the balance of nature, the destruction of food stocks by overfishing and dumping of hazardous wastes in the oceans and waterways, unrestricted dumping of arsenic and other poisons by mining operations. All of these things have been exhaustively studied and steps recommended to correct them before the planet goes into irreversible decline. Many of these steps have been enacted into law, both in the United States, the United Nations and other countries. Treaties have been made to address these things.
Mr. Bush, you have been in your office for only three months. You took a country that was prosperous, a world that was getting along pretty well and had identified many of its pressing problems, finally coming up with solutions to cure some of them and you have turned us clear back to the unlamented fifties. You are restarting the cold war with both Russia and China, effectively ending the spirit of cooperation that began with glasnost, you have overturned virtually every piece of social legislation that has been passed, you are opening the marine preserves, the forests and the primitive areas up to unlimited exploitation by business, you are gutting the attempt to curb global warming before it hits catastrophic proportions, you are banning assistance to poorer nations to control their populations, voodoo economics is once again replacing rational attempts to solve our domestic problems. We are on the verge of a depression of monumental proportions and you are starting brushfire wars with anyone who doesn’t agree with, or knuckle down to you.
Please try to remember, as you exercise all that power the Supremes gave you, that you and your progeny, if any, have to breathe the same air and eat the same food as the rest of us. It behooves you to try to conserve this planet. We do not have another to go to.
Your tax cuts will give Mr. Gates, your oil buddies and Boeing billions of dollars. I’ll get a couple of hundred and next year or the year after you’ll tax us twice as much to take up the slack. Remember, if most of your taxpayers find themselves homeless or on welfare, there will be that much less tax income for the government to buy pork with.
Please knock off this irresponsible behavior and pretend you were elected to this office by the people so that, to quote another Republican of whom you may have heard, “Government of the people, by the people and for the people, shall not perish from the earth.”
Sincerely,

Stephen M. Osborn
* It has been downhill ever since. Many of us saw what was coming and we tried to awaken the people to it. Most of us had read the PNAC (Project for a New American Century) and it had scared the hell out of us as it was a blueprint for US hegemony over the world by military and financial means. A number of its authors were high ranking members of the administration, such as Cheney and Wolfowitz.
* Unfortunately, it was easier and more comfortable to watch Dancing with the Stars or The Big Game and suck down a few beers rather than actually think.
* So here we are, watching the 0.001% selecting their sock puppets for us to vote for, so they can rule us for four more years, until we get another manufactured chance to pick a new sock puppet and repeat the charade.
* Of course, there is a chance that We the People could wake up and elect a genuine representative of the People, then bust our butts to see that his programs are supported when he is elected, but I won't hold my breath.
;-})

Don't forget high-ranking NSA intel boss William Binney. The FBI raided his
house and threatened to shoot his family too. His crime? Pointing out
that the new software used to monitor bad guys was illegal and breaking
the Fourth Amendment, the highest law in the land and the only reason a
United States 1787 government was born at all.

No Bill of Rights? No Ratification, said the Anti-Federalists.

It's that big a deal. The FBI, the NSA, and the fusion of local law
enforcement into one single entity via the "Maincore" computer system
that illegally "tracks" citizens into one big file without warrant or
individual Judicial oversight, as required by our system, is a violation
of the core social compact we agreed to in 1776 and the 1787 Constitution which had to be amended to get ratification; the Bill of Rights).

This illegal government behavior cannot go on if we are to endure as a Union. This Peeping-Tom government has to go.

Readers might enjoy reading about a list of these brave souls here:

www.thehalloffame.wikidot.com

TJ

Simply and truthfully put. Thank you, thank you, thank you. It is past time for a political revolution with teeth.

NICE TRY..... writing a letter to that ignorant , selfish, fils de papa, was a noble if wasted effort. The criminality of the Bush clan was well documented by Russ Baker in his book , " Family of Secrets".

Yes, but I do not see that happening until the masses wake up and realize that the US cannot exist without enemies.

queequeg...queequeg!! Stop screaming that you're shrinking. It wasn't really holy water. You're just having a nightmare. You know...like one of your commentaries. Don't worry, people will vote by the droves this November, you'll see. queequeg, stop screaming. Really queequeg, you'll love it. Progressives voting in vast numbers, rationality coming alive. It'll be fantastic. Sanity making a comeback, what a concept. Won't that be great?! queequeg, stop screaming.

Fear is normal and a powerful motivator when linked with courage and compassion. So I ask where is the courage to take action, along with moral conviction?

Although it could be debated among the world's populations and nations that it may well have been better for the world had the US lost the Revolutionary War, the vision of who we are as a people laid out in the Declaration of Independence, and the promise of American democracy instilled in most of us in grade school, is yet to be fulfilled.

I can say with confidence that the American Revolutionaries who snatched the thirteen colonies from Great Britain would be sorely disappointed by the lack of courage held by many of their descendants today. We have allowed ourselves to be crippled by fear, have forgotten that we possess the same patriotic DNA as our forebears:

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Enough time has passed now for the story t get around, but a search show absolutely zero US major media coverage of this very important story - zilch - nothing.

Obama has prosecuted more whistleblowers than any other President in U.S. history - after campaigning on opening up government and protecting whistleblowers:

From Obama's Change.Gov website (which was taken down):

"Protect Whistleblowers: Often the best source of information about waste, fraud, and abuse in government is an existing government employee committed to public integrity and willing to speak out. Such acts of courage and patriotism, which can sometimes save lives and often save taxpayer dollars, should be encouraged rather than stifled. We need to empower federal employees as watchdogs of wrongdoing and partners in performance. Barack Obama will strengthen whistleblower laws to protect federal workers who expose waste, fraud, and abuse of authority in government. Obama will ensure that federal agencies expedite the process for reviewing whistleblower claims and whistleblowers have full access to courts and due process."

http://web.archive.org/web/20130425082834/http://change.gov/agenda/ethics_agenda/

The best way to support our whistleblowing heros is to join with millions of others and speak the truth. As Americans, we are sitting on a gold mine of power: An educated populace with massive voting power. Granted, educating people is the hardest part, especially given poverty, religious influence over education and a corrupt government. This election cycle, we're seeing manipulation of uninformed voters caused by mainstream media's bias, the Bernie blackout and a clever misinformation campaign against our best candidate. But in spite of the DNC and MSM's best efforts, once people understand what's going on they tend to support honest, ethical candidates like Bernie Sanders. Many, many women who voted for Hillary are simply ignorant of who she is and what she's done. These are good people voting for Hillary, even if they did so for misguided reasons. They have shared values with you. Talk to them with compassion, understanding and a clear and practiced reality check of Hillary's history. We still have a chance to win them over to the side fighting to save our country and the world.