Home | About | Donate

Hillary Clinton Accepts Democratic Party Nomination

Hillary Clinton Accepts Democratic Party Nomination

Common Dreams staff

Hillary Clinton formally accepted the nomination of the Democratic Party for president on Thursday night during a speech that capped her party's four-day convention in Philadelphia.

Watch:

Read the the full speech as prepared for delivery:

Thank you! Thank you for that amazing welcome.

And Chelsea, thank you.

I don't trust Hillary as far as I could throw her. She won because she and the DNC cheated. The New Republican Party is just as terrible as the old one. I will not vote for her, ever. The struggle continues with Jill Stein.

Like a thief "accepts" your Valuables.

Criminal! The stole the primary from Sanders. Thief, cheat, lying warmonger. DNC equals organized crime. I'm going to vote for her? No effing way.

Interesting... So being murdered in your home in the middle of the night by armed commandos is her definition of "being brought to justice"? So I suppose we can expect more "justice" to be handed out in the form of an expanded "War on Terror", right?

Sorry, Lady. "Justice" involves an actual courtroom where innocence is presumed until all doubt is removed through careful consideration of the evidence by an impartial judiciary. What you consider "justice" is simply murder. Of course, that would've never happened for Bin Laden because in an actual Court, his lawyers would have revealed that Saudi Arabia and the US Government provided most of the material support for the 911 attacks and that simply would not do.

CD, can we PLEASE have an article on the JILL STEIN CAMPAIGN every week?

If not -- can you please TELL US WHY you are choosing to not cover the Jill Stein campaign?

So, the choices America faces in November are:

• Being screwed by single lying megalomaniac sociopathic human

or

• Being screwed by many lying megalomaniac sociopathic corporations

Nice one...

"Welcome my son
Welcome to the machine.
Where have you been?
It's alright, we know where you've been...."

That's what I thought of seeing a controlled crowd of partisans and acolytes in dutiful obayence, eagerly waiting to show their Master that they are ready to receive her. I remember seeing something similar to this display in an old film, although in the film, every one was wearing a brown shirt.

As I watch our local Hillbots and other locals who have historically voted blue place fear of Trump above all in their voting choices, the "fear" components of Clinton's acceptance speech apply as much to her candidacy as they do to Trump's.

The fear card has always worked in he past...will it work this time ?

The fix is in, the news is out
They've finally found me
I'm the Renegade* who has it made
Funded for a bounty
-HRC

*Styx

Hillary Clinton stole the Democratic nomination.

Hillary is full of promises and a masterful speech. She was not even honest about what she did and didn't accomplish.Surely you are not going to believe this masterful speech from a masterful liar and unrepentant thief. Look at Hillary’s actions.

Optimism without substance can promise anything and everything. After eight years of "hope and change" we should know that by now. Obama and Hillary are both neoliberals who support oligarchy: rule by corporations, the military and thievery wealthy.

Vote Jill Stein 2016

Election Fraud Lawsuit Update & California Theft;
Sane Progressive Interviews Bob Fitrakis
Sane Progressive - video

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Sane Progresive

The utterly fraudulent crafted display of Dem "unity" was hideous in its deceit. The promises were all empty deceptions - the feel-good family (rich family) sweeties all diversions - the tears milk-sop theater. The real story was coronation of a life-long political manipulator and fraud for self-interest, wealth and power - the latest iteration of continued exploitation and greed as a way of life, and silencing of millions in opposition.

The deceptions of the entire Dem DLC-DNC crime family are a threat to the vast majority of people, the 99% - there is only so much room at the top for the 1%, and many millions are required to provide the wealth and power that sustains such people in power and obscene ease - millions of modern wage, debt and interest slaves play that role.

Hillary’s Convention Con
by Ralph Nader / July 29th, 2016
http://dissidentvoice.org/2016/07/hillarys-convention-con/

This time - this "selection" cycle must be a watershed of revolt against the Grand Con, Dems and R'Con domination by the two-party fraud and all the mechanisms they created to keep the world chained to Vulture Capitalist servitude. Tweedle-Dee or Tweedle-Dumb, or a voice and vote against continued slavery.

The die is almost (if not already) cast, and the tyranny of vast wealth in a few hands immune to even the demands of millions.

Emiliano Zapata said " its better to die on ones feet than live as slave on your knees"...............others have said much the same: Che Guevara in Latin America, and La Pasionaria in Spain during the Civil War...and now we must as well.

Hillary and Trump are both oligarchs. The establishment of both parties are a disgrace to the needs of the middle class. Either one would appoint Supreme Court justices that support the oligarchy.

A few of Key points of the Power to the People Plan:
A Green New Deal:
Create millions of jobs by transitioning to 100% clean renewable energy by 2030, and investing in public transit, sustainable agriculture, and conservation.
Jobs as a Right:
Create living-wage jobs for every American who needs work, replacing unemployment offices with employment offices. Advance workers rights to form unions, achieve workplace democracy, and keep a fair share of the wealth they create.
End Poverty:
Guarantee economic human rights, including access to food, water, housing, and utilities, with effective anti-poverty programs to ensure every American a life of dignity.
Health Care as a Right:
Establish an improved “Medicare For All” single-payer public health insurance program to provide everyone with quality health care, at huge savings.
Education as a Right:
Abolish student debt to free a generation of Americans from debt servitude. Guarantee tuition-free, world-class public education from pre-school through university. End high stakes testing and public school privatization.
A Just Economy:
Set a $15/hour federal minimum wage. Break up “too-big-to-fail” banks and democratize the Federal Reserve. Reject gentrification as a model of economic development. Support development of worker and community cooperatives and small businesses. Make Wall Street, big corporations, and the rich pay their fair share of taxes. Create democratically run public banks and utilities. Replace corporate trade agreements with fair trade agreements.
Protect Mother Earth:
Lead on a global treaty to halt climate change. End destructive energy extraction: fracking, tar sands, offshore drilling, oil trains, mountaintop removal, and uranium mines. Protect our public lands, water supplies, biological diversity, parks, and pollinators. Label GMOs, and put a moratorium on GMOs and pesticides until they are proven safe. Protect the rights of future generations.

She won because more people in the primaries voted for her.

There is an old story about a child asking a grandparent "Which wolf will survive - the good one or the bad one?" The answer is "The wolf you feed." We, as a country, have been feeding the bad wolves with our attention, money, media, and votes. It is time to give our time, energy, attention, money, media and votes to the Bernie Sanders and Jill Steins of the world without fear. Common Dreams can start with many more articles on the "good wolves" so they can be fed.

What a misogynist rant. Perhaps talking to someone qualified to help you with such obsessive thoughts would be advised.

Ah, a Republican… shilling the Republican message… Trump excites you, eh?

A great platform, but impossible to enact. The Greens don't have national recognition, don't have the state by state infrastructure, the finances, don't have the coalitions in Congress that any elected representative needs to get legislation enacted, even Bernie, and so in the impossible event that the Greens won national office Jill Stein would be powerless to do anything with it. I know several Green party members in Maine and attended the state meeting in 2012. Some of the people I know ran for state office, some were elected to local positions and continue to make waves in Maine. I applaud their efforts and support them. On the national stage though, the Greens are a virtual unknown in large swarths of the country.

I heartily endorse the platform you have articulated. The party simply is in no position at this time to implement it. What is more dangerous in pushing too hard for this in this election is the fact, and not simply my opinion but the opinion of Bernie Sanders and other prominent progressives, Robert Reich, Elizabeth Warren, to not support Clinton beating Trump and the Republicans will likely condemn progressivism to obscurity for a generation if the SCOTUS is turned to a hard right court. Abortion, action on climate change and environmental issues, financial reforms in the economy and elections, the EPA, the SEC, all sorts of progressive bulwarks against regressive conservatism would be either thrown down completely or seriously weakened. Don't let the bitter and poisonous cynicism of some persuade you in a hopeless cause getting a Green party candidate noticed… Support the platform you have articulated so well by supporting Sanders in his work in the Senate, and by supporting other candidates that embrace this platform. But don't let Trump and the Republicans win this election. THAT would set progressivism back a generation and likely make none of these things possible in your lifetime.

Two Wolves

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside all people. He said, "My son, the battle is between two "wolves" inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf wins?"
The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."