Home | About | Donate

Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders Clash Over Poetry and Prose

Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders Clash Over Poetry and Prose

Amy Davidson

“Here’s the Senator’s ad,” Chris Cuomo, of CNN, said to Hillary Clinton, who was standing with him on the stage for a Democratic town-hall meeting in Des Moines, Iowa. There was a sudden jolt of music—Simon and Garfunkel’s “America”—and scenes of Bernie Sanders speaking to large, happy crowds, with ecstatic young campaign workers high-fiving and embracing him, appeared on a large screen above them.

"Koch and his allies have successfully polluted our minds for over forty years strangling our moral imaginations to expect more, much more, from our government and it's leaders."

And the Clintons have BUILT THEIR CAREERS on "pre-compromising" the Democratic Party - and the interests of the people of the United States - with the Kochs and their looting-class ilk.

Hillary Clinton's establishment supporters are spooked by the prospect of change posed by Bernie Sanders. Hillary Clinton has made it clear that she embraces much more status-quo (plutocrat friendly) positions regarding health care, Wall Street and Banking regulations, minimum wage, international trade deals, etc.

Supporting her for plutocrat friendly economic positions or her more hawkish approach to foreign policy is one thing. However, it is unrealistic to posit that she will be more likely to get anything but the most right-leaning or militaristic legislation passed, in comparison to Sanders. Right wing legislators have blocked many of President Obama's initiatives. Clearly there are many who harbor racist sentiments toward him. As President, Hillary Clinton would likely face resistance stemming from a comparable level of sexism. Additionally many hate her. Both Clinton and Sanders would face stiff resistance. The difference is that will Clinton embraces a classical 'lead from the top' model of leadership, Sanders envisions grassroots backing to pressure legislators into action.

Bernie should post this so Hillary understands.

the real Hillary.
LADY MACBETH
[…] Come, you spirits
That tend on mortal thoughts, unsex me here,
And fill me from the crown to the toe top-full
Of direst cruelty. Make thick my blood.
Stop up th' access and passage to remorse,
That no compunctious visitings of nature
Shake my fell purpose, nor keep peace between
Th' effect and it. Come to my woman's breasts,
And take my milk for gall, you murd'ring ministers,
Wherever in your sightless substances