Home | About | Donate

Hillary Clinton and the Syrian Bloodbath

Hillary Clinton and the Syrian Bloodbath

Jeffrey D. Sachs

In the Milwaukee debate, Hillary Clinton took pride in her role in a recent UN Security Council resolution on a Syrian ceasefire:

But I would add this. You know, the Security Council finally got around to adopting a resolution. At the core of that resolution is an agreement I negotiated in June of 2012 in Geneva, which set forth a cease-fire and moving toward a political resolution, trying to bring the parties at stake in Syria together.

This report by Jeffrey Sachs is priceless in its historical and educational value. Thank you to Mr. Sachs and Common Dreams for its publication.

A contributing footnote would include James Douglass' JFK and the Unspeakable, which documents JFK's confrontations with the CIA and the US generals.

Hillary is not only ambitious stale bread but one soaked in blood. No wonder she and Albright are pals.

Scathing but accurate analysis, Mr. Sachs.

I'd like to repeat these two items as they are keys truths:

"The hubris of the United States in this approach seems to know no bounds. The tactic of CIA-led regime change is so deeply enmeshed as a "normal" instrument of U.S. foreign policy that it is hardly noticed by the U.S. public or media. Overthrowing another government is against the U.N. charter and international law."

For me, a woman who condones war or the MIC is no Feminist:

"Clinton herself has never shown the least reservation or scruples in deploying this instrument of U.S. foreign policy. Her record of avid support for US-led regime change includes (but is not limited to) the US bombing of Belgrade in 1999, the invasion of Afghanistan in 2001, the Iraq War in 2003, the Honduran coup in 2009, the killing of Libya's Muammar Qaddafi in 2011, and the CIA-coordinated insurrection against Assad from 2011. until today."

And this:

"It takes great presidential leadership to resist CIA misadventures. Presidents get along by going along with arms contractors, generals, and CIA operatives. They thereby also protect themselves from political attack by hardline right-wingers. They succeed by exulting in U.S. military might, not restraining it. Many historians believe that JFK was assassinated as a result of his peace overtures to the Soviet Union, overture he made against the objections of hardline rightwing opposition in the CIA and other parts of the U.S. government."

I can not help but notice that the articles about Syria are finally starting to expose the real truth of events that occur there. This stuff was known 5 years ago but one rarely came across an article exposing the same.

An analogy might well be miners trapped in some mine and it pitch dark until a single rock falls away in some corner and a shaft of light pierces through. Those miners now realize there a way out from the darkness and into the light and begin to widen that hole.

I've read the JFK book and "The Devil's Chessboard" based on the nefarious affairs of Allen Dulles and I'm about 100 pages into "Dark Money." Held in common, the Koch Family, the Bush Family, and the Dulles Brothers ALL had major contacts with Nazi activities and actors. I think one could say that what individuals like these set up in the U.S. IS a virtual Fourth Reich.

This 3+ hour documentary lays out so much. I HIGHLY recommend it... although it may be wise to view it in 70 minute segments:

A nice take on Plato's Allegory of the Cave.

This is a brilliantly written article. Jeffrey Sachs really hits the nail on the head. Thank you Jeffrey for such an informative article that profoundly examines what a Hillary Clinton Presidency could mean for this country. I hope many people will send this article to others.

Yeppers :slightly_smiling:

"And where is the establishment media in this debacle? The New York Times finally covered a bit of this story last month in describing the CIA-Saudi connection, in which Saudi funds are used to pay for CIA operations in order to make an end-run around Congress and the American people. The story ran once and was dropped. Yet the Saudi funding of CIA operations is the same basic tactic used by Ronald Reagan and Oliver North in the Iran-Contra scandal of the 1980s (with Iranian arms sales used to fund CIA-led covert operations in Central America without consent or oversight by the American people)." an excellent point.... the so called "established media" should be hanging there collective heads in shame,.......once they pull them out of there collective asses for not only turning a blind eye to this but for not doing there jobs period. Same old same old.

Finally HRC's true colors are being revealed. I've spent years reading alternative press and have some knowledge of her utterly insane war-mongering beyond her very public Libyan debaucle.
That, with her rich ties to Wall Street, should have ended her political aspirations forever. Not because she's a woman. But because her policies are disastrous. By the way, I am a 62 year old female professional who is standing with Bernie in this election. To paraphrase a prior campaign slogan - "It's her policies, stupid."

There are many apologists for Shillary who maintain that if she is the DNC nominee for president that as loyal Demos we must vote for her and accept her as the "lesser of two evils". I have never been comfortable with that rationalization and there is no way that I am going to vote for her. This article just confirms her incompetent hawkishness in foreign policy and her utter shamelessness at lying about so much of what she has done. I am just blown away by what she thinks she can get away with when all of this has been set down in the records. She and Bill are part of the disease of the Democratic party that they helped foster with the creation of the DLC. A woman who has done what Mr. Sachs describes and who admires war criminals like Albright and Kissinger has no business being the president. I can fully understand why one of her many critics referred to her as the "Megathatcher".

I think she behaves the way she did because of her faith that no matter what the American people might say, the one percent would take note and propel her to the presidency. She truly believes in that power of the one percent, and it won't be long before events show whether her faith is justified.

Not about gender. Kissinger, Obama, Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeldt, Nuland, Rice, Albright, military top brass: all war criminals. HRC's one of a long line.

Thank YOU Jeffrey. And like it or not we should all thank Donald Trump for telling the partisan W admirers that the war on terror is a complete sham and a crime against humanity.

But then watching the professional propagandists of the MSM recounting Saturday night's shouting match, they are all downplaying what Trump said and instead focusing instead on all the personal attacks. And that Casper Milquetoast Kasich seemed to about have a heart attack to hear the truth in his presence. "Make it stop, make it stop, please!! I don't want to hear it any more!" Well, here's a clue bozo: it was you and your ilk that cooked up this stew, now sit down and have a nice big smelly bowl of it.

"To paraphrase a prior campaign slogan - 'It's her policies, stupid.'"

Ha! That's great! Thank you.

The media, MSM, is doing their job as a corporate - state run propaganda organ of our plutocratic-oligarachy (seemingly fascist) government in drugging it's serfs into dark complacancy.

I know, that I, for one, spent a LOT of time explaining how the mainstream media uses everything from lies told often to trauma-induced, fear-based mind control to bamboozle the masses.

I have also spent many hours explaining the difference between the deceiver and the one deceived, the perpetrator of the crime and the one victimized.

And what I typically find is that those who may hold compromised purposes in participating in these opinion threads co-opt these insights into how mass media's manufacture of consent operates... only to use it as yet another tool with which to bludgeon citizens.

Dark complacency? (Note the CORRECT spelling of the word!)

So the Black Lives Matter movement is about complacency?

And the Latino Dreamers movement is about complacency?

And the many at Walmart and fast food operations who stayed home or took part in protests for a living wage are complacent?

And the thousands who attended Occupy Wall St. were complacent?

And the thousands who show up at Bernie's rallies are complacent?

And the thousands who took to the streets to protest climate change and leaders doing ZIP about it are complacent?

And the thousands (actually, millions) who protested the onset of the War against Iraq are complacent?

And those who got arrested at military sites, the White House, and various other protests are complacent?

NO. This is not about people being complacent. This is about how to wrest power away from those who spent decades nefariously seizing it... through extra-judicial, quasi-legal means when it wasn't otherwise purchased.

For someone who SAYS he went up against the system, why in God's name would you frame an argument as you did in the above statement?

Are you suggesting that the Deep State "we" that sets up the hits is the same as the Public We that endures the fall-out and related results?

C'mon, bro... WE didn't kill Kennedy. And WE didn't kill Wellstone.

But someone else sure the phuck did.

I guess the Generic We Frame plays well to the Christian (perhaps even Judeo-Christian) audience given the long-lasting message of Original Sin.

"Repent now, ye guilty sinners! For all of you have done these crimes."

Sorry. That's bull shit.

The commissions set up to study these crimes (of state) are always MANNED by the same individuals who engineered them. And then a compliant press goes to work hammering in the fake story until that lie told often is largely perceived as true. It's amazing how many inconvenient witnesses and unofficial Truth Tellers end up dead.

I throw up my hands! I went to DC in protest of Bush's lies taking us into the Iraq War and then went back protesting the war after it started. I have been arrested proudly protesting the environmental devastation ongoing on our public lands, helped start two organizations which took on public lands environmental issues (one with successful conclusion) and started a process which depicted war casualties occurring in these illegal wars which traveled to four states, written too many letters to politicians to count and likewise with public meetings. Yes, I am damn frustrated with leaders in my government committing endless atrocities in my name and getting rich off of the death and destruction in their wake. Our government is the worst mass murder machine in the history of the world. Does that mean that you and I are part of this machine; most assuredly not. Does that mean we are directly responsible? No. Are we blameless in the horrors being perpetrated on others around the world and on the world's environment by our government? A big no here. We are, as citizens of our country, each responsible for the actions of a government of, by and for the people. We have allowed the carnage to go on for far too long. Maybe you can accept that your country's actions are not in your name, but I cannot. We have, as the documentary "JFK to 911......." demonstrates, been ruled by a very few people for far too long; and, we keep getting picked off one at a time because we refuse to unite.