Home | About | Donate

Hillary Clinton Laughs When Asked if She Will Release Transcripts of Her Goldman Sachs Speeches

Hillary Clinton Laughs When Asked if She Will Release Transcripts of Her Goldman Sachs Speeches

Lee Fang, The Intercept

After Hillary Clinton spoke at a town hall in Manchester, New Hampshire, on Friday, I asked her if she would release the transcripts of her paid speeches to Goldman Sachs. She laughed and turned away.

Clinton has recently been on the defensive about the speaking fees she and her husband have collected. Those fees total over $125 million since 2001.

She laughed all the way to the bank for getting a $600,000 easy money check most of us don't make in a lifetime. Goldman Sachs knows all too well that the return on investment will be more than offset compared to the pocket change they pay to buy a potential next president of the United States.

If by any chance she wins, she will be charging the taxpayers a speaking fee every time she does the State of the Union speech.

If by chance she wins we will have our own Margaret Thatcher, minus the British accent, more prepared than any to unleash the hounds on any detractor who dare speaks against her. Her thirst for unbridled power is unsurpassed.

A corporatist (fascist) through and through. Don't waste your time calling her a neoliberal or a neocon.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Looks to me that Bernie got one BIG FREE AD man I can't wait to see it on one of his TV spots. Got to go cause I'm Berning!!!

Bernie certainly has lots of ammo to use against the Wall Street whore. And do not forget Cruz, whose wife works for Goldman Sucks and conveniently, forgot about a huge loan that he was given for his campaign!

My wife had a very wealthy uncle who was a Republican, but like Goldman Sucks, he gave to both parties in order to hedge his political bets, no different, except on a smaller scale.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Lee, if you're reading this:

Clearly, the going price is $675,000.00, which you (glaringly and rudely) did not offer.

Sounds to me like Lee's another "taker", and that's why she laughed at him.

And this concludes my snark.

The "it's my turn" candidate's laugh:

Hillary Clinton's laugh isn't your normal, man or woman on the street chortle, it's a deep, monotone pharyngeal stop.

Hah!

It's somewhere between "bug off you maggot" and "fook you". I wouldn't wish this disdainfully exasperated monosyllable on anyone I know, friend or foe. God, I hate that woman (or whatever it is).

Ammo for Sanders hell, if Hil the shill does still win the nomination this little encounter will be played on a loop on the corporate media the entirety of August. Sept and October.
I've just been sitting here trying to imagine the attack ads from every right wing PAC. Jeebus! Hillary will be gods gift to their writers. They may never run out of material.
It's amazing to witness the polar shift in this years race. At the start it was Bernie, who was wearing a colander for a hat and charging at wind mills. Now it's Hillary that looks like the out of touch lunatic that couldn't win the general election, and Bernie who is looking like the pragmatic choice.
This is classic politics! Instead of taking the time to build a gallows stand and fitting a noose, Sanders people have just stood back and let Hillary hang herself, just like she did eight years ago.
Here's hoping that she succeeds again.

Hillary Clinton reminds of the old joke, now so common in the political arena:

Hillary (or name almost any establishment politician), would you get in bed with me for $600,000?

Sure, why not.

How about for ten bucks?

(indignantly) Just what do you think I am?

We've already established that. We're just haggling over price.

In our new Great Society, the New Deal is gold and only gold. Money talks. The voices of 300,000,000 are silent and their wishes scoffed at by the moneyed elite and those whom the elite have purchased to do their bidding. Hillary's new progressive talk is only talk, lipstick on a pig. She's been paid for a thousand times over.

Go Bernie!!!!

The payments for these speeches are obscene. I think Reagan started this speech windfall stuff when the first thing he did after leaving office was to go to Japan and get paid something like a $1 million for a speech. More Reagan legacy. He seemed to figure out how to make a fortune from the presidency.

Why politicians?

Direct democracy!

And this the latest from the fascist: https://theintercept.com/2016/01/21/clinton-foreign-policy-experts/

Based on her Senatorial voting record Hillary has already provided Goldman Sucks and the other Wall Street Banks payback exponentially higher than their cost to buy her. Favors to Wall Street from President Hillary would be pure gravy.

You have confirmed precisely why Hillary will not be able to beat Trump.

Trump will savor every minute of repeating the blow by blow of how the Clintons formed the Democratic Leadership Council (DLC) in 1985 and exponentially expanded Washington DC's pay to play culture that continues to provide unprecedented wealth accumulation for the 1% at the expense of the 99%.

Trump's running mate's insider prose will bring Hillary down faster than any of the bears shot by said running mate when she was Governor of Alaska.

The media spends months discussing the e-mails-but next to nothing about all this money -bribes- Clinton has received. Hillary Clinton says that real change cannot happen-medicare for all-But as Sanders made clear in the last debate change can't happen until we stop this legalized system of bribery.