Home | About | Donate

Hillary Clinton Pledges to Defend Israeli Apartheid and Fight BDS Movement in Letter to Mega-Donor

Hillary Clinton Pledges to Defend Israeli Apartheid and Fight BDS Movement in Letter to Mega-Donor

Kevin Gosztola

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton sent a letter to media mogul Haim Saban, a mega-donor, assuring him that she would make countering the global Boycott, Divestment & Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel a priority. She invoked a recent terrorist attack against Jews in Paris to condemn BDS and specifically sought Saban’s advice on how to fight back.

This is one of several issues where Hillary, Bernie and Elizabeth are pretty much all on the same page...

Israel does to the Palestinians what Reagan wanted to do to government. I realized the peace process was a farce back in '71 and hate that I was correct. If the Iran deal comes to be (another farce) Israel looses a lot of its "woe is me schtick" and that isn't going to be allowed.

Like Hillary said, “I take a backseat to no one when you look at my record in standing up and fighting for progressive values.”

Seeing the success of Obama's formula of quoting and comparing himself to Raygun (more frequently than he does for any of his other predecessors) Hillary is posturing herself to be the Raygun Megathatcher.

The highest praise I can give to the government of Israel is that, as of today, it is not as bad as the Third Reich. They have not yet begun loading Palestinians into box cars and sending them to death camps. They otherwise employ the same tactics against the Palestinians that the Nazis employed against Jews. BDS is a good thing but whether it stops the crimes being committed against the people of the former Palestine remains to be seen. Hillary voted for the Iraq war and now she votes against BDS. A truly despicable human being.

From the Davies article, just a snippet:

"U.S. Central Command’s latest figures on its aerial bombardment of Iraq and Syria reveal that this is the heaviest U.S. bombing campaign since President George W. Bush’s “Shock and Awe” campaign against Iraq in 2003. In the campaign’s first ten months from August 2014 to May 2015, the U.S. and its allies conducted 15,245 air strikes, or an average of 51 air strikes per day.

"This is only the latest campaign in a 15-year global air war, largely ignored by U.S. media, in which the United States and its allies have conducted at least 118,000 air strikes against other countries since 2000. The 47,000 air strikes conducted in the 6 ½ years since President Barack Obama took office are only a small reduction from the 70,000 in eight years of the Bush administration, and the current campaign will easily make up that deficit if it continues at this intensity until Obama leaves office."

Israel is guilty of Apartheid and there has been lots of killing... but NOTHING compares with the U.S. martial machine. So all this gnashing of teeth over Israel, preferred by many in this forum seems like a way of distancing away from what our own nation is doing in our names.

And under the GUISE of aid, most of what goes to Israel are U.S. war profiteers' made armaments.

Israel couldn't get away with murder if it was not aligned with the U.S. Military-Industrial-Murder & Mayhem Complex.

Comparisons with Nazi Germany are way off base. OUR OWN nation's corrupt government under rule by Deep State, Fourth Reich-style operators is a far more apt competitor for THAT title!

You deserve many upticks for this!
May I add that the MIC uses prison inmates in the US to make it' s armaments dirt cheap. Just like the Nazis.

Deflection, anyone? What are you protecting?

Hillary Clinton does not deserve to be president. She voted for the Iraq War & Obama's war in Libya. She bragged about Gaddhafi's death. She's against BDS & is for BS. She and Bill are extremely pro Israeli because the talks between Arafat and Barak did not succeed. She is pro war because Bill is unpopular with the military for avoiding Vietnam.

"Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton sent a letter to media mogul Haim Saban, a mega-donor, assuring him that she would make countering the global Boycott, Divestment & Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel a priority."

If the biggest campaign donors were avid supporters of killing babies with pitchforks Hillary would be among the most vocal proponents of the practice.

Remember when she called Hosni Mubarak family and the young of Egypt spurned her.

Absolutely not true! Bernie and Elizabeth have taken pro-Israel stands on some issues (haven't ALL of the candidates, except, perhaps the unelectable Green Party's Jill Stein), but if you do your homework, Bernie has not voted the Senate's pro-Israel line on a number of issues. He voted against the Iraq war, for instance. Look up his Senate voting record and get informed. Hillary is a dyed-in-the-wool Zionist and an Amazonian war hawk-- she scares the s..t out of me.
Besides the I/P issue, Sanders is 100% supportive of most of Americans, the 99%, whereas Hillary and the Republicans ARE the 1%-- exactly how do you expect that group to benefit the average American?
OK-- re your comment: those mentioned as being on the same page: perhaps. But in the same paragraph-- no way.

That's sarcasm on your part, right jneastra??

Just give them time.... A holocaust requires preparation.

I have to agree with your comments about Israel. I have never understood why the US is so compelled to support a, frankly, nasty regime. How did the tiny number of Jews in the US (there are more Sikhs than Jews) get so much power?

So Hitler killed lots of Jews. Not nice. But does that mean that they can now impose their view on the region. I don't much like much of what the Palestinians propose, but they have a right to be heard.

I will not support a candidate whose platform includes unconditional support of Israel.

Neither Bernie or Liz went to Netanyahu's speech. But if you're still sitting on the fence about voting for Bernie, you might consider that though oligarchy jews are excited about having a first jewish President, they would pour billions into his defeat if he dared to mention anything at all against the apartheid.

These jewish oligarchs might not attack him in the first instance though he might affect their bottom line, a price they might be willing to pay for having a member or their tribe as US President. But if he strays and goes against the Likudniks, they would join the rest of the non-jewish oligarchs in putting a price on his head. Bernie must know this so he stays mum on the subject.

If the I/P issue was up for a referendum in America, Israel would probably lose. A big reason why no American politician ever mentions the "R" word, even after the recent Greek example.

Using ongoing referendums to resolve the I/P issue would be a safer way for Bernie to address that and other contentious issues in his platform. Instituting referendums to resolve political problems has saved countries from the rich and powerful that can buy, coerce and assassinate politicians. I hope Bernie realizes that.

Please keep in mind that Bernie could have written this, as well.

Anyone willing to overlook that fact for "the greater good" should ask themselves how they'd explain that rationale to a child in Gaza.

“I am writing to express my alarm over the consideration of Hillary Clinton for any office, even that of county dogcatcher in the USA, for under her guidance, it would definitely not be a no kill shelter.
* She should be running for the Knesset or the Likud. She would fit right in.
* BDS is the way to go. First Israel, then expand it to Israel's enablers such as the USA and its MICC. How about NATO and the rest of the rat pack that constitutes the US Axis of Evil.
* The Greeks have set the stage for a transformation of the world. Not a world of luxury and power for the 0.001%, but a world of hard work, honor and dignity, where actual labor is appreciated, production is rewarded and, endless paper-shuffling to swell the bank account is held in contempt.
* With hard work and dedication, it could happen!
;-})

Hillary Clinton is purely and simply a political whore, who is out for everything she can
beg, borrow, or steal, and she's been that way from the very beginning. She would not
be a woman president, but rather a holy terror president, far worse than even the present
trader-in chief.