Home | About | Donate

Hillary Clinton, the Podesta Group and the Saudi Regime: A Fatal Menage a Trois

Hillary Clinton, the Podesta Group and the Saudi Regime: A Fatal Menage a Trois

Medea Benjamin

If I told you that Democratic Party lobbyist Tony Podesta, whose brother John Podesta chairs Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, is a registered foreign agent on the Saudi government’s payroll, you’d probably think I was a Trump-thumping, conspiratorial nutcase. But it’s true.

What horrible corruption in DC. Voting for Clinton or Trump will do nothing about it. Not that I support Trump, but at least the party insiders are not in his corner. Keep Clean, Vote Green

They are quickly gathering in his corner because he has begun to sound just like every other establishment Republican.
Trump has thrown in the towel and given into the plutocrats so he won't look so much like the village idiot that he is come November.

What, the nuke industry isn't paying you enough? :wink:

The breakdown is more due to the artificially low price of oil forced on the Kingdom by the USA.
The Saudis are rapidly running out of cash to hand out to the Wahhabists.

" Hillary Clinton saying:"More needs to be done since Saudi Arabia remains a critical financial support base for Al Qaeda, the Taliban, Lashkar e-Tayyiba and other terrorist groups." Instead of sanctioning the Saudis, Clinton did the opposite: She authorized enormous quantities of weapons to be sold to them."

So, just as we thought, the Saudi's are financing the "terrorists" we are fighting and Clinton sends them more weapons. They are also financing ISIS and other rebel groups agitating war in Syria. (Also the Clinton Foundation) That's so nice of them to keep us supplied with a perpetual stream of terrorists to fight, otherwise, we might have to go after Russia or Iran.
No worries, Clinton will get to them because Bibi wants Assad gone and really, really, badly, wants to bomb Iran.
Such a sick tangled web of foreign policy she has.
Jill Stein said profoundly the way to stop ISIS is to get the countries supporting them to stop. Seems pretty straight forward unless you're taking millions from them to keep them going and protected by the US, like Israel is. Only we pay Israel to protect them and their savage killing. Nice!
Go Jill Stein

In other words, if the Clintons and Trumps were not wealthy and well connected, both Hillary and Donald would be in jail today.

Murkin sepshunalism at its BEST !

Your separating the subjected people from its tyrannical government is excellent.

Too bad so many can't see how that same analogy works in the U.S. in its own fashion.

Let's just say that Clinton is... challenging, to anyone who's an idealist.

The corruption is systemic and permeates the entire MIC and the Government.

Please note the Pentagon issued a statement which said that they would no longer focus energies on Al queda In the Middle East.

Apparently the new enemy of the day is ISIS. Meanwhile a terrorist group that had direct links to Al Qaeda has changed its name. Since it changed its name it no longer on the US watch list of terrorist groups.

Since it no longer on the watch list the US has started supplying the group arms once more.

It a cesspool of rot and corruption and MS Clinton and that foundation are at its center.

I'm not completely sure I'd take the job, because I'm very bad at lying to myself.

Bernie, tell me against why she is the lesser evil.

Common Dreams doesn't ever have stories that criticize Hillary Clinton. Ever since she stole the democratic nomination from Bernie Sanders there has been little negative said about her. This is surprising because, Hillary Clinton represents everything that most of the readers of Common Dreams are apposed to. She is a lying manipulative servant to Wall Street. It is refreshing to read Medea Benjamin intelligent and informative article about this women who is running for president, and her shady colleagues and supporters. To many people are making bad decisions in supporting the lesser of two evils, and they are in bad need of more good information. Keep up the good work, and keep telling it like it is Common Dreams.

Well, the Oligarchy (the 0.001%) is offering, as usual, a red or blue sock puppet to choose from, either of which will do what their paymasters tell them to do.
* This time the traditional "lesser of two evils" is a Mussolini wannabe versus a warmongering, greedy, treacherous, lying Nazimind.
* One should always remember that the lesser of two evils is still evil!
* There is a tremendous groundswell of approval for Jill Stein and the Green Party. Why not join it? We could get our country back if we all work together. Jill has a plan that does not involve selling out or taking orders from the 0.001%, but rather believes in We the People and what we can accomplish. That is certainly refreshing.
* I would like to see the arms trade abolished, the wars ended, our thousands of bases closed and our infrastructure repaired, our people with decent non GMO food, potable water, medical care, and a chance of a decent life and an education that is not financially crippling. We did that pretty well for a couple of centuries, until the Empire bug bit DC and it wanted Full Spectrum Dominance, no matter who it killed, starved or made into refugees.
* I'm going to vote for Jill Stein and the Green Party. At the very least, I will not be responsible for choosing evil yet again.
* Jill Stein, Green, 2016
;-})

At least CD is not continuously running "You must vote for Hillary in November or the Earth will end" stories the way Alternet is on a daily basis, and they will allow positive things to be written about Jill Stein and the Greens. Everyone on the left just needs to walk away from the Democrats, and now Bernie Sanders, since he has capitulated to the establishment and hung Tim Canova out to dry, losing to the evil Wasserman-Schultz tonight, in what was a close race for a party leader in a "safe" district. With an all-out effort by Bernie the last month, Canova might have pulled it out, which is probably why he was forced not to, under penalty of what, losing all of his decent committee assignments next term? Probably something like that. Anyway, it's up to us on the left, without anyone from the establishment, to take the Democratic Party away from this criminal cabal, for the sake of the rest of the planet! #NeverHillary. Stein/Baraka 2016!

I love your posts and your wicked sense of humor.

This election season is depressing, because it makes you feel like hardly anyone really cares about discrimination, bigotry, ignorance, intolerance, stupidity, etc. Because when people have a problem with Trump, but are completely ok with Clinton, then that's not the real thing anymore, that's just paying lip service to the idea that you're against those things.

"Hillary Clinton and her closest aides celebrated a massive $29.4 billion sale to the Saudis of over 80 F-15 fighter jets, manufactured by Boeing, a company which coincidentally contributed $900,000 to the Clinton Foundation."

Do you believe in welfare reform? Companies like Boeing are not fiscally viable and cannot survive without bribes like the ones Hillary takes, notwithstanding their expansion into non-war domains. It used to be enough to start another war and watch the money roll in. But in order to achieve constant economic growth, there must be constant growth in war, and wars this country are directly involved in are not enough.

The retailers depend on government treachery and bribes for their profits, as do the war corporations, the bankers, the insurance coporations, etc.

Capitalism, my ass. If this were a capitalist country, 90% of businesses would have gone bankrupt decades ago.

"The Saudis hired the Podesta Group in 2015 because it was getting hammered in the press over civilian casualties from its airstrikes in Yemen and its crackdown on political dissidents at home"

So instead of cleaning up their act, they hired professional BS to cover it up. But then, could we expect anything else?

"No government or social system is so evil that its people must be considered as lacking in virtue." JFK