Home | About | Donate

Hillary's Convention Con

Hillary's Convention Con

Ralph Nader

The 2016 Democratic Convention in Philadelphia was a multi-layered, raucous display of political theater. A host of delegates loyal to Senator Bernie Sanders were inside in large numbers exclaiming “No more war” during former Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta's speech and raising all kinds of progressive, rebellious signs and banners against the Hillary crowd. Although Hillary addressed them directly in her acceptance speech, “Your cause is my cause,” those dissatisfied delegates in the hall saw her rhetoric for what it was: insincere and opportunistic.

Ralph Nader, you have been the conscience of America for decades. What a great president you would have made.

HRC, the More Effective Evil 2.0. Nader 2000!

You have been the voice of reason for so long. Politicians come and go like weeds every election cycle. Your presence contributes more to the cause of democracy and the progressive movement that all of them combined. Give ‘em Hell. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

I hope you have better luck getting "them" to listen to your request to unsubscribe and to your reasons for doing so. I've tried countless times to no avail. I think, either the responses don't actually go to a real person to be read or, if they do, they just don't care what we tell them (shocking!) and their desire for money prevails. No matter what I say or don't say and no matter how many times I unsubscribe I continue to get requests for money in the name of unity, supporting HRC, or defeating Trump.

I have had the same experience. They come under different names!

Got something from 350.org, haven't read it, just perused it and it looked like a request to support HRC?

Never. And that is one "never" that I will stick to!

Me too----I'm feeling remorse about all the money I sent which may now be in the hands of HC.

I got swept up in Bernie fever . . . . it felt similar to that crazy infatuation phase of relationships when you aren't thinking straight. Thought as I advanced in years I would be able to keep that in check but alas, it made a reappearance with the onset of Bernie2016tv (I can blame it on John!) and all those Bernie ads (the ad set to Simon and Garfunkle's America was the first that put me over the top).

In all seriousness, I believed Bernie when he said his campaign was based on the truth and dismantling oligarchy.

I can relate, the emails have picked up asking for donations to her illegal campaign.
I too have been unsubscribing and cleaning up my inbox.

Where are the Jill Stein articles? There are many out there.

So, where does ANYONE gather 'truth' presently? This Bruce Cockburn line has been going through my head for the last 2 weeks when trying to make heads or tails of this political situation. "What's to do when a stab and a pat on the back seem like the same thing"......and yes Ralph would have made a good President perhaps but he split the ticket and helped Bush get in, so I don't trust him either.

Thanks Ralph,

What do you think about the most modern democracy on Earth? Autonomous democracy. Where the people decide on their own what should be done and then tell the government what to do. This is the full political revolution. Should we get involved? How? Rise above personality politics.

Thank you Ralph Nader. We recognize you have spent decades trying to wake up the sleeping American public. Thank you for all your hard work, you have always known exactly what was going on.

HRC and Obama keep telling us how only Hillary can continue Obama's work.

To thank and reward the corporate sponsors of the Convention, Obama yesterday signed the Dark Act prohibiting GMO labeling laws.

Your future depends upon you voting Green.

Great line!! A concise description of RNC and DNC campaigns.

Love Bruce Cockburn. The lyrics to his song "If a tree falls" have been going through my head over the past few weeks, most likely due to all the trees that fell (and I heard them) after anthropogenic warming enhanced storms ravaged the upper midwest:

Rain forest
Mist and mystery
Teeming green
Green brain facing labotomy
Climate control centre for the world
Ancient cord of coexistence
Hacked by parasitic greedhead scam -
From Sarawak to Amazonas
Costa Rica to mangy B.C. hills -
Cortege rhythm of falling timber.

What kind of currency grows in these new deserts,
These brand new flood plains?

If a tree falls in the forest does anybody hear?
Anybody hear the forest fall?

Cut and move on
Cut and move on
Take out trees
Take out wildlife at a rate of species every single day
Take out people who've lived with this for 100,000 years -
Inject a billion burgers worth of beef -
Grain eaters - methane dispensers.

Through thinning ozone,
Waves fall on wrinkled earth -
Gravity, light, ancient refuse of stars,
Speak of a drowning -
But this, this is something other.
Busy monster eats dark holes in the spirit world
Where wild things have to go
To disappear
Forever

Anybody hear the forest fall?

Lorenzo, you should have stopped with "Ralph would have made a good President."

Evidently, this will be debated forever ad nauseum, but Ralph didn't split the Florida vote. Gore-Lieberman won, then wimped during the counting of votes. So weird that the US Supreme Court stepped in to subvert democracy and hand the win to Bush.

This is another superb analysis by Ralph Nader, of the Democratic National Convention, from the perspective of a humanitarian who, like Bernie Sanders, continues to advocate for politics that benefit, and don't ignore or harm, the poor and working people of our country and abroad.

Ralph would have made a good President!

I got an email from 350.org, too. The one I received was "from/signed by" Bill McKibben repeating much of the same, I'm sorry, but inane and misleading (perhaps either unintentional or forced), narrative, i.e. This is just one election. We have to work for bigger issues. HRC has adopted much of the progressive platform.

I support 350.org and the immediate need for action regarding climate change. I also admire Bill McKibben but I'm getting tired of being told to accept corruption in the name of pragmatically moving forward.

How many times do we have to accept corruption that undermines democracy - such as, the Supreme Court decision in 2000 or the 2016 primary election results? How many times to we have to accept the fact that many elected officials ignore the opinions of the people they are supposed to represent - such as, the massive protests over the invasion of Iraq; support for single payer health care; or more funding for ensuring we have clean water, air, and better education, and less funding for war, etc.

I agree with Ralph Nader. The convention was a farce as was HRC's acceptance of a more progressive platform. The idea of supporting HRC or Trump in any way just fills me with anger (and guilt).

Whoop! Sorry Tom, I should not post while multi-tasking-----I'm getting my quotes screwed up in this post! I put your words in italics!

Another example:

"HRC is a progressive who gets things done"

Thank goodness Bernie has decided not to give them his list!

If I made a mistake then fine, would you still read the line from Cockburn again and you'll know why I said it. I'm willing to correct my mistakes if I know who to trust, most 'news' is in question, mostly it's bullshit all around. May I ask who in the media do you trust and why? Please note I'm not making any demands, just posing the question. How can anyone NOT be confused by ALL of the questionable subterfuge. I can't make any sense of this shit anymore, I'm really almost DONE!!....There's 3 half full glasses of beer, first one says 'I'm half full', second one says 'I'm half empty', third one says, 'I think it's all piss'.

It was reported in the Rolling Stone in their interview with Jane Sanders.

I still believe that was/is Bernie's intention. I wish he didn't endorse HRC. I don't know what his reasons were but I don't think it is because he believes in her and what she will do - anymore than I would think Billl McKibben does or obviously, Ralph Nader does. How could they?

Here is a clip from a recent Bill Maher show; it seems odd to me. Bernie continues saying the same things and pledges to continue to fight but then Maher brings up "patriotism". He says Bernie has, "come in line", "Al Gore did the patriotic thing", "you did the patriotic thing". Then, Bernie corrects Maher's implied assertion that the HRC endorsement and beating Trump is the end of the story. One of several questions: How was Al Gore "patriotic" by not arguing the court decision?

I like Bill Maher, too, but I don't agree with everything he says and, with regard to this primary, don't completely trust him. I saw him live several months ago and he said the next president will be HRC and, even though he endorsed Bernie, he has very quickly "come in line" himself by seeing the necessity of supporting HRC in order to defeat Trump.

I don't know what happened or will happen to the money I've donated, especially given the ever-changing DNC rules (or whatever rules that apply), - I hope it doesn't go to HRC but if it does/did she will not be getting one more penny from me.