Home | About | Donate

Hiroshima Unlearned: Time to Tell the Truth About US Relations with Russia and to Ban the Bomb

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/08/06/hiroshima-unlearned-time-tell-truth-about-us-relations-russia-and-ban-bomb

2 Likes

The “Bromance” between these two Neanderthal Alpha Males had better frighten the BeJesus outta every single man, woman, and child in America.

Particularly, on Election Day.

3 Likes

Lets be real clear on the subject of nuclear weapons from their inception. The US has been the worlds aggressor when it comes to these weapons. The dropping of the bombs on Japan was not needed to end WWII, as the public was told. Even a large majority of our military leaders were against it. It was pure posturing to inflame relations with the Soviet Union (who many forget was our ally in WWII, and lost more citizens in that war than any other ally), and start the Cold War and an arms race to bolster the MIC.
The citizens of the US have got to get past this demonization of the Soviet Union, now Russia, it serves no one except our weapon manufactures.

13 Likes

My first thought on seeing the lead photo was, “Eww, why don’t you two get a room??!!??”

Methinks it’s penis envy.

1 Like

One major problem is that, given its history, the US does not honor its treaty commitments. Let’s also recall that it was the US America–no other state–that dropped two nuclear bombs over crowded Japanese cities over its citizens. Now we have multiple states with bombs. Imagine what this will unleash if you dare. That Trump Inc. must be removed is obvious but that we have the time to do so is debatable with this danger and with the collapsing eco-systems. Truthfully, we need to be out in the streets daily and persistently so until we stop the madmen. Total, non cooperation here and at every US embassy abroad.

8 Likes

Did you even read the article? USA is trying to provoke Russia into War.

Are you so blind & stupid that you cannot see how Russiagate and the bogus bromance between Putin & Trump is a PSYOP by the Pentagon to make aggression against Russia palatable.

The whole Russiagate buswah is so stupid, even Republicans don’t believe it.

7 Likes

Thank you. It annoys me that even most of the people here have bought into the Russiaphobia. I occasionally joke that Trump will still be called a Putin puppet even when the nukes are getting fired.

5 Likes

“This is what Putin wants, can’t you see? Trump launched the nuclear strike at Putin on Putin’s orders so Putin can retaliate and destroy America! Putin HATES American. Trump is doing Putin’s work to help him destroy America!”

5 Likes

Bombing the ban

Yep! Blind, and stupid, thank you very much.

We all can’t be righteous intellectuals.

Thank you for your criticism.

2 Likes

If the UN had any real power and actually cared abut World Peace, and the planet, it would ask the member nations to sanction America—although what with Trump thinking that his bullying will somehow control China and tariffs -------we are without hope in that area. I think with Turkey going with non-America -made planes, maybe that is the crack that will bring those Humpty Dumpty walls down. Give PEACE a chance, but Trump and his admin. have had too many chances and had have no clue.

7 Likes

Not just Trump’s admin but really the culture of the U.S. as a whole. We have been taught since our country’s inception to hate the other. To hate those who are not like you. If the MIC were to stop making killer weapons the U.S. economy would tank. Hell we will make sure to sacrifice any other kind of job as long as this country still has the murder industry to continue. And those at the top I very much bet they’d rather see the world burn completely if they can’t live in their decadence. Frankly at this point it is impossible to give peace a chance as long as the U.S. exists as it is.

8 Likes

Nope. Putin’s behind the Pentagon PSYOP. Also, at the same time he’s got the war room bugged. So, when he’s sure the US is intending to drop the big one…he and China will hack things here to a standstill, and then flatten the whole place without fear of retaliation.

Just kidding.

But we could protect ourselves a little more. Both parties, the Pentagon, and Lockheed Martin could hire a lot more IT people…Lockheed Martin just more workers.

And it’s pretty sad Putin has to be so friendly with MbS.

CONGRATULATIONS YOU GET THE DUMBEST OF THE DAY AWARD, YOU MUST HAVE THOUGHT LONG AN HARD TO COME UP WITH SUCH A LYING AMIGNATION AS TO THINK THAT TRUMP IS GOING TO ALIGHN HIM SELF WITH PUTIN ( WHOM I HATE ) AN PURPOSELY START A NUCLEAR WAR TO DESTROY THE COUNTRY THAT HIS HISTORIC RECORD AS PRESIDENT WILL BE STAND ON, TRUMP IS MUCH TO BOASTFUL FOR THAT, TO THROW HIMSELF UNDER THE BUS TO HELP RUSSIA TAKE OVER THE UNITED STATES, YOU KNOW IN CRIMINAL CASES A MOTIVE MUST BE PRESINDED IN ORDER TO TRY A PERSON, CAN YOU ESTABLISH A MOTIVE TO THE COURT THAT BACKS YOUR ACCUSATION AGAINST THE DEFENDENT DONALD J TRUMP, IF NOT CASE DISMISSED!!! I WILL ACT AS THE DEFENDENTS COUNSAL, LET’S SEE IF YOU HAVE ANY EVIDENCE OR ARE YOUR JUST TALKING TO BE HERD, I’M WILLING TO BET IT’S THE LADDER. WILL ISHWA BE PROVEN RIGHT ? WAITING ON YOU, big mouth

Relax. It was satire.

AMEN to that!

The United States of America has taken it’s place as the last and by far the worst Empire that this earth will ever see.
They will of course destroy themselves in the process along with every living thing on this planet.
Whether this is the result of climate change, nuclear war or, most likely, both remains to be seen.

The only, near impossible, hope is for every other country on earth to unite and declare their opposition to this all powerful rouge nation built on genocide and slavery. And Do It Now.

2 Likes

I have eight in-every-way-splendid granddaughters.

This “Common Dreams” article, above, implies with wonderful, terrifying clarity and states specific ACTIONS—that we all can and should take to forestall the nuclear Armageddon that would destroy civilization.
By these ACTIONS we can promote for all humanity world-wide—including for my eight granddaughters!—the possible decent, fulfilling lives—which we Americans have today .

1 Like

I live here in the US, and that’s exactly what I would recommend the rest of the world to do.

1 Like

Hi MCH:
LOL, oh I wish George Carlin was still on the planet. I am always hoping that when it’s time for a presidential doublespeak message—I always hope that there is a renegade person who would slide in a Carlin video instead. while the red on the air light is blinking----and TRUTH would have a chance. : )

1 Like