Home | About | Donate

Hispanic Dems Blast 'Dictatorial Shenanigans' at Meeting With ICE

Hispanic Dems Blast 'Dictatorial Shenanigans' at Meeting With ICE

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

Two members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, Reps. Luis Gutiérrez (D-Ill.) and Norma Torres (D-Calif.), said they were asked to leave a meeting Thursday between lawmakers and the top U.S. immigration official, while others said they were barred entry in the first place.

Gutiérrez and Torres both expressed incredulity after being kicked out of the meeting between lawmakers and acting Immigration and Custom Enforcement (ICE) director Thomas Homan—one of them by an aide to House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and the other by a GOP lawmaker himself.

Wee doggy! Them white boys are on their racist rampage!
When were they ever NOT racist?

It isn't the undocumented immigrants the rePUGs should be afraid of. It's the documented ones that will go to the polls in 2018 and 2020. Their unwillingness to do anything to dial back and even impeach the monster that now occupies the white house is unforgivable.

Impeach! Impeach! Impeach!

The Associated Press reported Friday morning that the "Trump administration is considering a proposal to mobilize as many as 100,000 National Guard troops to round up unauthorized immigrants." The wire service cited an 11-page draft memo, which "calls for the unprecedented militarization of immigration enforcement as far north as Portland, Oregon, and as far east as New Orleans, Louisiana."

That's the most troubling proposal I've heard yet coming from Trump's administration.

Curious...I wonder if any of the "illegals" and the apparently often non-"illegal" swept up so far include any of the not-small number of undocumented Polish, Russian, Ukrainian or Balkan people in some parts of the US - you know...ones that have "normal"-colored skin?

National Guard units are under the dual control of the state and the federal government.

I can see how this is going to go.

Will they ship in Red state militias to enforce in sanctuary Blue States.

This is really bad. This is one more aspect that shows what gov't type we are really in. I wqs hoping that this would stop at the Corporatist state, but having an agency dictate whos in and whos out, there may have been a coup after all. Just because media doesn't report it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Analysis: Nat. Guard Enforcement May Be Illegal

Published on Feb 17, 2017
Foirmer Army Secretary Louis Caldera says the use of National Guard troops to enforce immigration laws may be illegal. A memo obtained by AP outlines a Trump Administration proposal to use National Guard troops to round up unauthorized immigrants. (Feb. 17)

The proposal to use the The National Guard to round up immigrants is getting close to what happened to the Japanese citizens who were rounded up and sent to "internment camps" during WW11 ( an euphemism if I ever heard one!). The only difference, from what I can tell, is that millions of so-called illegals could be deported out of the U.S.

The shite has surely hit the ding dang fan.
W T F ???
Barring congresspeople from a meeting?
This is rock, effing bottom.

Hispanics voted for Trump in 2016. We cannot make the mistake of categorizing all Hispanics and assuming that they are all against Trump's assault on the undocumented. We need to take a more nuanced view. To do otherwise is not only racist but make cause us to make some big mistakes in terms of strategy.

Very good point.

And I keep asking myself: how low will they go? This stuff is really getting scary simply because the Republicans in Congress are going along with it. I doubt a deranged Democrat president serving at the time of a Democrat majority in Congress would ever let it reach this level since they'd put a stop to the nonsense way before it got there. But these Republicans are showing how dictators like Hitler and Mussolini get and keep power, they get carried away with their own personal agendas and are willing to look the other way as their fellow citizens are disappearing or getting locked up. I wonder if there's a run on gun purchases like there always is when a Democrat is doing things not supported by Republicans?