Home | About | Donate

Hitler’s Ideologues: The U.S. Racism that Bore Fruit in Mein Kampf

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/07/05/hitlers-ideologues-us-racism-bore-fruit-mein-kampf

4 Likes

What a good article. Wish this reminder of historical facts were more widely published - starting with the Obama & Co talks about American exceptionalism.

For context, this is more than half a century after the founding of the 1st Internationale and related ideology and movements, at the center of which was “The Internationale Will be the human race.”

6 Likes

A link to wisdom, The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s I Have a Dream speech:

~https://www.archives.gov/files/press/exhibits/dream-speech.pdf

2 Likes

This is a pretty narrow focus and as personal opinion worth consideration, but I can’t intuitively agree. This ideology is almost obsessively arrogant

I have heard anecdotally, that Mein Kampf is Trumps favorite, can anyone verify it for me?

More broadly than is outlined in today’s Common Dreams article, Hitler and the NAZI Party explicitly looked to and admired the USA as a model for their politics of racial superiority and genocide:

~https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/04/30/how-american-racism-influenced-hitler

6 Likes

His ex-wife Ivana is quoted in a Vanity Fair article from 1990 saying he kept a copy of a book of Hitler’s speeches, My New Order, that a friend had given him. Trump is quoted as saying he never read it.

~https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-hitler-mein-kampf/

1 Like

Excellent article in a nutshell. To think that White supremacy, KKK, Propaganda, are the origin of both old and new Nazism is very enlightening and timely.

6 Likes

If the superior race does not exterminate the inferior one, the inferior race will triumph.

Seems to me that the “inferior” race must actually be the better one, if the “superior” race can’t win without cheating. Or maybe it’s just that I’m not good enough to understand “superior” logic.

5 Likes

Thanks for your reply. That is one book that Trump does not have to read because he could write it himself!

1 Like

Trump’s cult is so proud that “he says what is on his mind”, we need to ask if Trump even capable of reading ?

He appears to simply hire minions who hold his world view and takes their advice.

2 Likes

I think that is because the two concepts are the same logic.

1 Like

He’s not good at taking advice, ray. But he’s a good puppet, out-manipulated by people he thinks HE’S manipulating. He probably has no idea how much he’s being used, in spite of his transactional approach to everything.

2 Likes

just like he has no idea that he’s not a ‘very stable genius’, but rather, an idiot. a very stable idiot!

2 Likes

Well you have to be careful with Herr Trump. He might well have read it upside down so it does not count as having been read using Trump Logic.

1 Like

“The master often called a barbeque or a picnic for his slaves. Even while working in the cotton fields they sang songs. The beat of the music and the richness of their voices made work seem light.” ~https://upload.latest.facebook.com/watch/?v=781269185394019

Had the 4th off (weird). I was going down the street my father grew up on with Google maps, and 40 hrs later the petabytes (?) that program is dealing with hit me. With that much computing power we could really solve all our problems. It’s like the Chernobyl containment structure; did they build that thing without computers? I don’t think so. So with the means at hand what prevents “moving forward”? The thing that’s lacking has to be something as big as a “world view,” or…as a philosophy. If the folks on Easter Island cut down all their trees simply for rollers to roll icons, you can see we’re kinda like
them…deeply wrong motivation.

I once spent a time in what Chris Hedges has called a “sacrifice zone,” and after that I realized what motivated all the phenomenologists [it would have been the same if I’d lived in the West Bank and worked each day in the official state of Israel, I guess]. People end up asking themselves WHICH PLACE IS REAL?!?! Same deal I’d guess with a large number of ICUs at the moment in the US.

Anyway, that link up there proves that René Girard had a point. Even a kid unconsciously suspects (my theory) this text is glossing. The text isn’t proclaiming that too much Christian altruism (the abolition movement) is wrong; but it is to me saying that America’s pragmatism is right, and that IT reigns.

“They didn’t talk about the concentration camps, the death camps during the war because it would have been very bad from a purely tactical, strategic viewpoint; but I’m sure that, if they had won the war, they would have publicized it and said, you see, our world has nothing to do with Christianity. We have won. We have proved that Christianity can do nothing in this world.” René Girard, top of page 47 ~https://static1.squarespace.com/static/542c2af8e4b00b7cfca08972/t/58ff87e0d2b8579e77e80882/1493141508746/Scapegoat.PDF

OK, going from what one teacher laid down [said, taught] Girard came to the conclusion that no other guru saw a basic anthropology that he saw…like one other guy in particular. And, based on things the latter said, Girard came to conclusions that put him in the camp that endorses (at least endorses) a “noumenal self” and a “phenomenal” world. I say this as fair warning. I’m in that camp too, but I say this as a warning. Though IMO you shouldn’t let that turn you off to Girard’s anthropology.

“Girard himself tended to say that his central insights regarding mimetic desire and the scapegoat mechanism were ‘secular’ ideas—a ‘scientific’ hypothesis that could be tested as such—without reference to religious presuppositions. Some commentators have taken him at his word and agreed that mimetic theory is separable from religious philosophy. However, other scholars have said that his theory is not really scientific, but rather a form of crypto-apologetics; and, in fact, the worst sort of apologetics, because it claims the superiority of Christianity to all other religions.” Charles K. Bellinger (book review)

Decide for yourself.

Actual idiots are mostly harmless people who need the help of others and seek acceptance of their disability. DJT#45 is more of a mental midget who can repeat a few words without understanding their meaning. He’s only smart enough to know he’s a dufus who’s learned how to manipulate others for revenge. His personality type is criminally anti-social.

2 Likes

We all want to define things, but in this world it’s hard to define things. I’d say without a doubt, though, this below applied to a guy like Joseph McCarthy.

A nation can survive its fools and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and he carries his banners openly against the city.

But the traitor moves among those within the gates freely, his sly whispers rustling through all alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself.

For the traitor appears no traitor; he speaks in the accents familiar to his victim, and he wears their face and their garments and he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men.

He rots the soul of a nation; he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of a city; he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to be feared. The traitor is the plague. — Cicero

4 Likes

i stand corrected!

1 Like

THIS RACISM IS MUCH OLDER THAN 400 YEARS –

The source of the hatreds which seeded the Jewish Holocaust in Germany - and
Hitler’s hatreds – is with “Christianity” and its Papal Edicts which demonized Native
people all over the world – including AFRICA-AND AFRICANS, opening it to rape
and conquest and kidnapping of its people.

Those Papal Edicts still stand to my knowledge, though the United Nations has tried
appealed to the Vatican to overturn them.

Columbus did not come here alone – he had family connections to the Vatican by marriage
– and had dedicated his life to spreading “Christianity” here. The GENOCIDE here was
run under Papal Edicts to “Enslave or Kill” both the native here and the African already
enslaved here – and it was the same unprecedented violence and tortures which were used
here as in the Vatican’s Crusades, Inquisitions, and Burnings at the stake which soaked the
soil of Europe in blood for hundreds and hundreds of years.

Native people were demonized as “pagans … only fit to be fed to the dogs” by “Christianity.”

No one is more expert at vile propaganda than the Vatican which were very active over a
few thousand years when most of the population couldn’t read – and their presses and pulpits
were very active in spreading their vile propaganda against JEWS, WOMEN, HOMOSEXUALS,
NATIVE PEOPLE, AFRICANS, GYPSIES AND MANY OTHERS under various myths of
“inferiority.”

“Christianity” underpins Elite/Patriarchy all over the world supporting oppression of WOMEN
all over the world.

Hitler was a Baptized Catholic and grew up in the church –

"Well, what do you really object to in my treatment of the Jews?
I have certainly been consistent –
I am doing what the Catholic Church has already done for fifteen centuries –
The difference between the Church and me is that I am finishing the job."
Adolph Hitler – “Confronting anti-Semitism” by James Carroll

3 Likes