Home | About | Donate

Hmm, That's Strange... Why Would Clinton UseTrump Abortion Remarks to Attack Sanders?

Hmm, That's Strange... Why Would Clinton UseTrump Abortion Remarks to Attack Sanders?

Jon Queally, staff writer

Even though Bernie Sanders immediately took to Twitter and called Donald Trump "shameful" for his comments on Wednesday about "punishment" for women would have abortions, Hillary Clinton is now using the incident as an opportunity to attack her Democratic rival on the campaign trail by suggesting to voters that Sanders does not take the issue seriously enough.

Hillary is thrashing around like a fish out of water trying to find something to pin on Bernie. She will continue to split hairs doing all she can to find that perfect Howard Dean scream so the media can conflate that endlessly. Bernie knows how this game is played and has not made a misstep. Hopefully he will not.

I just want to see anyone defend this. It is so obviously a lie. Good on all the people that see past it.

... assisted to the maximum possible extent by the corporate media ...

From the article:-
The insinuation that Sanders does not consider a women's right to choose as a "serious issue" compared to Clinton then became a story-line repeatedly put forth by MSNBC anchors throughout Thursday afternoon.

I really think Hillary is on the verge of some sort of nervous breakdown. Here she is going off on a greenpeace activist just for asking a question about fossil fuel donations: http://www.weeklystandard.com/hillary-blows-up-at-greenpeace-activist/article/2001783

Hillary Clinton has lost her marbles. She apparently can't even PRETEND any more to be grounded in reality. This extrapolation of Sanders' very astute and strong comments about protecting the rights of women is 100% absurd. For the mainstream media to repeat and reinforce such an obviously false leap from truth to lies should leave no doubt about who they answer to. Good God. Yep. Turn it OFF.

To HRC

Little bunny foo foo
I don't like your attitude!
What am I gonna do with you
And I certainly don't like your "tone".

Her supporters are already rallying behind it. Liars. I'm sorry, there's just no other word. I should have known, after her smears in the Florida debate. gggrrrrrrrrr.

If you watch msnbc, please write them and let them know that this bald face lie is unacceptable and they need to run just as many times that they "misrepresented" Bernie Sanders.

This is one time that I hope he tears into her over this during the debate and his speeches. This makes me furious.

Carol: already have boycotted mainstream/corporate media, including Huffington Post. Haven't watched, or read that garbage in weeks....It is SHAMEFUL how Hillary willfully twisted Bernie's words,and her media cronys went right along with it, including that "liberal" shill, Rachel Maddow.
Also, New York Times, New York State is the home state for Bernie Sanders! Remember, he was born here?
Hillary just co-opted with the help of her Democratic sheep as a stepping stone for further ambitions, including getting close to Wall Street Bankers & stock market investors for her future presidential plans. Her home state, unless you've forgotten, is I.L.L.I.N.O.I.S. - you got that? Additionally, as a New Yorker myself, I remember her tenure as Senator....MEDIOCRE......a 4 out of 10....How about that, your corporate media toads? May never go back to watching their garbage ever again.

Exactly

Just so you know, here's a snippet that Arilca Mockingbird, a poster at Daily Kos, put in a comment:

MADDOW: After, uh, the word spread that Donald Trump had made those remarks today about abortion, that a woman needs to be punished, uh, if she seeks an abortion and abortion should be banned, you said today that was shameful.

What is shameful about it?

SANDERS: Well, I think it is -- shameful is probably understating that position. First of all, to me, and I think to most Americans, women have the right to control their own bodies and they have the right to make those personal decisions themselves.

But to punish a woman for having an abortion is beyond comprehension. I -- I just -- you know, one would say what is in Donald Trump's mind except we're tired of saying that?

I don't know what world this person lives in. So obviously, from my perspective, and if elected president, I will do everybody that I can to allow women to make that choice and have access to clinics all over this country so that if they choose to have an abortion, they will be able to do so.

The idea of punishing a woman, that is just, you know, beyond comprehension.

won't allow me to post it. so thanks, carol, for letting me piggyback.

She's batshit crazy.

That was fun. It looks like Her Hillaryhood is losing patience with the hoi polloi's lack of deference. Not very "presidential" there, is she?

It reminded me of the time almost sixteen years ago when her husband behaved similarly, when he tried to hijack Democracy Now! and couldn't quite manage it. The transcript is here, and a short YouTube clip is here.

No. Trump has made pro-torture statements throughout his campaign.

I just had the same problem.

Yes exactly, this is from the Zionist neocons play book, you tell a blatant lie hoping that by the time people find out the truth your lie has been fixated in their brains. I think she is hoping that some of those women she's targeting just take her word as fact.

Goddamn it! Now you've got that friggin little bunny foo foo song that my three sisters use to sing incessantly going through my brain!

"Little bunny foo foo
I don't want to see you
Picking up the field mice
And bopping them on the head......"

Shit, there it is again.

Turned it off over a decade ago. No regrets. Lots of time now for other things.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.