Home | About | Donate

'Honeypot' Recording is More Evidence of How FBI Targets American Muslims

'Honeypot' Recording is More Evidence of How FBI Targets American Muslims

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

Providing "a rare glimpse into how federal informants work," The Intercept on Thursday published a recording of a conversation between a lonely, 21-year-old Michigan man and the woman whom he tried to impress by claiming he had both an AK-47 and supposed aspirations for violence.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This is what passes for law, order, and justice in the Homeland of the not exactly free:

Last year, The Intercept's Glenn Greenwald and Andrew Fishman explored "a now-familiar FBI pattern whereby the agency does not disrupt planned domestic terror attacks but rather creates them, then publicly praises itself for stopping its own plots."

All of this will tell you that sociopaths are running our country. But unregulated capitalism breeds sociopaths and allows them rise to the top. Just watch a little, and I mean a little, TV and note how many commercials make it look great for husbands to cheat their wives and/or children, or wives and husbands cheating their children, or children cheating their parents, neighbors cheating other neighbors, or any combination of the above, while political candidates and "pundits" constantly lie to the public all for money.

I tried to click like, but I must have clicked it twice and it won't allow me to like your comments now.

I'm happy to be old and not too long for this state of being.

These idiots cause more "terrorist attacks" than they prevent.

Thanks for the moral support. Despite the constitution and Bill of Rights virtually every civil liberty people in the US presently have was fought for, essentially from the bottom up. The rest of the world can recognize this reality with their own histories.

The US from its very inception was designed and groomed to be a world empire. By the end of WWII the coronation was official. Getting the public to cooperate by giving up its democratic voice took serious propaganda. The Cold War of anti-communism, which wasn't so 'cold', was the gift that kept giving and giving. To infect younger generations 9-11 became the new Pearl Harbor that 'justified' the new Cold War of anti-terrorism, which also isn't so 'cold'. Behind the masks are the same fascist intents.

Starting with being a new fledgling society that wanted to mandate protections against what the Crown had been able to subject onto its colonies and to then follow with some logical progressions resulted in the US having, and still having, the greatest civil liberty protections found anywhere. As long as the protections are themselves protected by the population's involvement including legal and other civic organizations. The potential to build real social democracy and even beyond, exists. This is why the Sanders campaign has created such a sense of importance, as with Jeremy Corbyn in the UK. The needed sea change can at last begin to happen. That hasn't started yet but the movement has definitely begun. That the opposition is so strong indicates the movement is for real.

Fortunately, my health is good. I'm turning 64 soon and was just saying that I would not want to be 20 or more years younger because I think life is going to get very hard for those poor people and all life on this planet in a few years.

Thanks for caring though. That's the one thing we all seem to have in common on this site, except for those who are planted by whomever, we all care about other people, living things, the future and this planet.

Melmac, i hope you're wrong about the future, but, I hope you're right about most persons that post on common dreams. There are many whom truly seem genuine in as far as being "caring people". I count you as belonging to the caring category. Best wishes.

I hope I am wrong about the future, too.