Home | About | Donate

'Hope Not Hatred': Thousands Gather Across US in Rebuke to Trump, Neo-Nazis

'Hope Not Hatred': Thousands Gather Across US in Rebuke to Trump, Neo-Nazis

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Replacing torches with candles and hate with hope, thousands gathered across the United States Wednesday night to mourn the death of Heather Heyer and stand peacefully against the violence perpetrated by neo-Nazis in Charlottesville, Virginia last weekend.

Just a reminder – probably my favorite quote:

“The sea rises, the light fails, lovers cling to each other, and children cling to us. The moment we cease to hold each other, the moment we break faith with one another, the sea engulfs us and the light goes out.”

–James Baldwin

For those who celebrate hatred…

Truly a sight for sore eyes and balm for a broken heart.

Still wish I could unsee the horrible display on Friday night. I am 100% gobsmacked. First legal torture and now Nazis marching down city streets in lockstep carrying torches and chanting in the night. We the People cannot allow these events to be the reason America is viewed as exceptional.

With neo-Nazis, the KKK, skinheads, etc emerging from the shadows of society thanks to people who voted for Donald Trump the worst response is apathy. Events like this vigil are needed to clearly demonstrate that many, many people are against all this racial hate and violence,

The time is now to organize and rise up against this administration and fascism.
resistfascism.org is on it. Planning Aug.19th. Hitting the streets, Nov.4,2017. Occupy the streets and town squares, until this Fascist regime is driven from power.

Make signs and shout for all the World to hear:

Resign -Trump

You touch on what I tend to see as a phenomenon of language and legacy of colonization and predatory capitalism that must be faced, refused and changed. Colonization and its legacy of predatory capitalism presents what those who benefit from it know to be so heinous as to be fully rejected when even a minor bit of actual history is accurately presented. Accurate history is the first ‘except for’ in exceptionalism.

As predatory capitalism continues its necessarily intensifying devolution, note the strangulation of what… INFORMATION! Why? It is fundamentally and thoroughly irresponsible, unsustainable- because it demands destruction, isolation, exceptions (like for human rights etc) in every aspect of its methodology which cannot permit accurate documentation.

This is the America i know

Frankly, the entire regime must go. Send in the UN Peacekeepers until we arrange for new elections.

There are different ways to fight back and this is a good way. Sometimes, however as the Antifa has shown, one must needs to respond forcefully. Fascism and its evil spawn must not be tolerated.

Been reminded that even the great Gandhi knew that non violence would not work against the Nazis.

You may find this interesting:
Trump’s Longtime Business Partner Told Family He and POTUS Are ‘Going to Prison’: Report

Deleted link already on CD.

Absolutely but that will take the whole country - In 2016 the UN had a referendum to outlaw " Glorification of Fascism and Nazism". 110 countries voted to outlaw but 2 countries voted to keep it alive and well. The US and Ukraine governments voted for - because the US funds trains and sends those 2 battalions of real descendants of Nazi armies of west Ukraine to Crimea { where I am } and to Donbass in order to kill. This needs to be addressed while the US Fascist Gov is social engineering the pre-programed society.

It’s this simple: If all men are created equal under God then no race is supreme. Do we want to be with God at life’s end? Then we must treat all men and women as we would want to be treated ourselves: with respect, with justice and compassion if one is in need. A haughty attitude of superiority and possibly hatred of any of God’s children regardless of their race may not serve us well after our fast approaching last day here.