Home | About | Donate

Hospital Bombing in Pakistan Targeted Lawyers, Killed 70

Hospital Bombing in Pakistan Targeted Lawyers, Killed 70

Nika Knight, staff writer

A suicide bomber killed at least 70 people and wounded more than a hundred in Quetta, Pakistan, on Monday.

"There are many wounded, so the death toll could rise," said Rehmat Saleh Baloch, the provincial health minister, to Reuters.

It's your belief that the inability to recite versus from the Koran is the common thread here?
How would you explain the fact that Sunni's are killing Shiite's and Shiite's are retaliating and killing Sunni's? Or vice versa.
Aren't both groups Muslim?
Perhaps the common thread here is U.S. interference in Islamic affairs?
Maybe if we left everybody alone the groups could work it out on their own?

Early in the Iraq war there was a bombing at a mosque that let to increased friction between the Sunnis and Shiites.
No one ever took credit for the action.
I have always suspected that it was actually the work of the US or Israeli "intelligence" services to foster local infighting to make Iraq weaker.
If we did not do it, there are other things equally horrendous for which we are responsible.
Our secret and not-so secret government is way out of control.

I hate terrorism and violence in all its forms, but when I read that headline, that they were targeting lawyers, I had to pause for a moment.
* My mind went to Shakespeare's Henry VI, Act 4 Scene 2, when they were discussing how to improve the kingdom and Dick says, "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."
* Apparently Shakespeare had figured out one of the major problems in the world even in the late 1500s.
* Ah, well...
;-})

There was a lot of press at the time relating to the fact that it may have been a false flag special op.
* Dress as one sect, holler appropriate slogans and quotes from the Holy Qur'an, blow up the other sect's mosque, then change clothes and slogans and hit the other one. Then just back off and watch the carnage. "Mission accomplished."
* That tactic has been done successfully hundreds of times. Look at 911, case in point.
;-})

You, like many others, have misread the Bard. They knew the lawyers would stand up to and resist the injustices they were planning. Shakespeare was praising lawyers, not identifying them as a source of "major problems." And to imply that this suicide bomber was somehow doing the right thing, based upon your misreading, is revolting. If your comment was a joke, it was inappropriate and not funny.

I don't know. As I said, I hate violence and terrorism and am unfortunately living in the biggest terrorist nation in history, whether it is a Hiroshima, a Nagasaki, or just killing in small batches, one drone at a time, all over the world.
* This is an interesting link on the very subject of your answer, by the way.
http://www.spectacle.org/797/finkel.html
On the subject of lawyers, though, when I look at the fact that about 99% of all politicians and corporate CEOs are lawyers as are most of the billionaires mentioned in another CD article today, and look at the plight of common citizens worldwide, I can't help but feel that if there were more milkmen and less lawyers, this world would be a much better and happier place.
;-})

How would you explain the fact that throughout much of western history, Catholics were killing Protestants and Protestants were retaliating and killing Catholics? Or vice versa. Aren't both groups Christian?
* Read history. Read of the Crusades to "retake" the "holy land" from the Saracens (Muslims). "My Lord, Jerusalem is filled with Christians, Jews and Muslims. How should we sort them out?"
* "Kill them all and let God sort them out."
* How about the Albigensian Crusade (1209-1229) where the pope ordered a crusade against the Cathars, a pacifist group whose religion followed the "actual" teachings of Christ. They felt that one's relationship with God should be personal, not requiring the intercession of third parties such as priests and the confessional. This cut into the church's "Pray for Pay" income, so they were hunted down, tortured and burned for twenty years throughout southern France.
* You are right, of course. Let people work out their own problems and find their own solutions, without being "freed" from their beliefs and customs by bombs, bayonets and drones.
;-})