Home | About | Donate

House Democrats Hit White House With Subpoena as Trump Impeachment Inquiry Intensifies

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/10/04/house-democrats-hit-white-house-subpoena-trump-impeachment-inquiry-intensifies

2 Likes

I sense a line in the sand has just been drawn.

5 Likes

Oh oh, Rachael is invoking more tid bits about Russia this evening. This should be a hoot for the Russia was a hoax crowd.
Also Pence might in deep doo doo on the Ukraine issue. Are we ready for Pelosi as president.
We are not living in boring times.

2 Likes

You realize that, back in 2018, Pelosi rewrote the House rules to give the majority much more power, including with regard to impeachment? Here are a couple of interesting from the opposition:

Nancy Pelosi’s December 2018 Rule Changes Block Republicans From Participating In Impeachment Process – Sep 29, 2019 - Elizabeth Vaughn - RedState

Speaker Nancy Pelosi Outlines New Rules for 116th Congressional Session – Includes Schedule for Process of Trump Impeachment… – Jan 2, 2019 - Sundance - theconservativetreehouse

2 Likes

I hope that after several years of listening to the Mueller BS, and a few decades of unbridled lack of accountability by any political party, along with the plethora of “off-the-table’s” like it was some sort of religious mantra, that there are not still some idiots out there who believe this will somehow resolve something, or even hold Trump accountable for that matter. It’s little more than pre-election embarrassment and nothing more. The manufactured narrative of preservation of democracy is a overt lie, they are religiously against democracy with very very few exceptions, Demoblicans and Republicrats alike.

5 Likes

You’re a hoot.

We have a Republican Senate. The president and vice-president are Republicans, Pelosi is a Democrat. On what planet would this senate hand off the presidency to the opposition party by removing both of their party leaders from office?

2 Likes

Get dense pence to resign.
enact 25th
appoint, annoint Mitt Romney or kasich (small dem) as new VP
impeach el trumpo in house.
trial in senate for trumps trangressions.
Trump’s reality show over.
New president.
who wins in landslide 2020, along with senate majority and house majority.
all is calm.

democrats throw out nancy, schumer, DNCC, DNC.
young people still rervolt and begin a new party.

2 Likes

I guess the jury (the American public) will be out for quite a while. Maybe some republicans will break.

One should not make the mistake of believing that there is a significant difference between Democrats and Republicans or their agendas. Its more like a competition than an opposition. But yes Democrats would not knowingly screw up that bad, except maybe to avoid an actual progressive agenda or progressive candidates victory

1 Like

They have aspirations about money I am sure. But their world views are way different. imo

1 Like

Follow the money and you’ll find the same aspirations

1 Like

After the House sends the Senate the articles of impeachment, the Senate holds the trial, not the American public.

Former senator Jeff Flake has been quoted as saying that there are 35 senators who would vote to remove Trump, because he is intensely disliked by virtually everyone; but what person with any grasp of reality believes that if Trump is removed, Pence would be too? Many Republicans fear that Trump can bring the party down with him. Do they think the same of Pence? Not likely.

1 Like

Are you commenting on the right post?

I’m no lawyer. I’m just bantering. I would like Barr, pence, Pompus, and who ever else was instrumental in cheating our election to pay for it in one way or another. Biden too if he ends up guilty of his part in the Ukraine.

Sure. But the waves will splash over and erase it. That’s why the D Party misleadership drew it in sand — so it could easily be erased.

It’s all theater. The D Party misleadership and their CIA allies want chump gone because he has been noncooperative with their plans for regime change in Russia.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/10/04/impeachment-brought-to-you-by-the-cia/

Pass the popcorn dawg.

Amen Adam!
This is what a dying empire looks like: the Jerry Springer Show comes to Washington. All of the main players look like cartoon cutouts.
Repubs-- Trump, Pence, Barr, Gulianni, supported by Fox News
Dems-- Biden, Hunter Biden (he could pass for another “Trump Jr!”), Adam Schiff, CIA Brennan, Pelosi, Schumer…
Ukraine-- oligarches, naziis, comedians (Dan Akroid and Steve Martin could do something with these people)
Bottom line, this will help the war criminal richie rich Trump. His poll ratings are 49%, the highest of this year.

2 Likes

I even have considered an even more cynical query. What if the whole thing is a war plan from the right.
Let the dems walk into a trap, and spring it. Election easily goes to trump.

1 Like

Melania will be singing this song to Donald soon.

…but not soon enough to please me.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Trumps got this election sewn up already. Send in the Clowns.

1 Like