Home | About | Donate

House Democrats Introduce Urgent Bill to End 'Deliberate Sabotage' of Postal Service by Postmaster General

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/12/house-democrats-introduce-urgent-bill-end-deliberate-sabotage-postal-service

4 Likes

Excellent news. Wouldn’t be surprised that rural Western state Senators supported it in the Senate. The real question becomes whether enough votes will be there to override Mr. I-can-do-anything-I-want’s veto.

3 Likes

This gets thru the Senate how, assuming the House passes it?

1 Like

If a hyper-partisan and malignant hack politician in any post can violate their oath of office, and overturn Congressional mandates and completely gut and undermine the purpose and “charter” intent of regulatory (EPA) or any agency (Education) or department (USPS) for personal monetary or political gain, via flunky crony’s who stand to profit by the sabotage and there is nothing that can be done (assuming there is the integrity and will) then we are truly proper fucked!
Apparently the US Constitution means zilch, and the crime family may destroy and steal whatever they want with zero consequences! When the goddamn hammer of public fury finally falls on these arrogant low-life criminal scum they will rue the day, and very rightly so!

4 Likes

Of course Pelosi is letting Maloney take credit for this bill after barely winning her primary. Not gonna help in 2022 though.

1 Like

Name one thing Donald Ratfuk Trump has not touched and destroyed including the USA. NOV 3rd Flush that fuking turd.

3 Likes

Of course it won’t get through the Senate–let alone be signed into law by the president. It’s all a dog-and-pony-show designed to win points in November. Dems imagine that election will be held fairly, but that horse has already left the barn. What a timid bunch of political hacks they are. They need to talk openly about the fascist takeover of this country, but that wouldn’t be decorous–would it Nancy Pelosi?

6 Likes

Well let me tell ya, I have seen Pelosi’s letter to Trump where she says this or that, and it will blow your mind. She also has a clap she has worked on, which is fierce resistance, far better than good policies that actually benefit people and solve society’s problems. What is even better, she has told me that she will very shortly start to be an average at best communicator on TV and will allow those hearing her stuttering drivel to somewhat understand points she is making, as if she is coherent and knows how to communicate with humans. I told her, Nancy baby, at some point, you will do more than brag about how good you are at taking in bribes on national TV. She laughed, said there was nothing of worth other than that, and said to not be silly.

3 Likes

Well maybe since the public can’t go shopping much these day they will think about that ! Oh wait they can shop online!

1 Like

By the way, for all of those here who claim that the Democrats are as bad as the Republicans and are helping the USPS demise becasue they won’t repeal that onerous postal worker retirement pre-funding law…

Well, the House did repeal it - 6 months ago. But it isn’t going anywhere from there. Why? Republicans…

ttps://federalsoup.com/articles/2020/02/05/bill-that-would-repeal-usps-prefund-requirement-passes-house.aspx

1 Like

Great description of our failing system of justice. We don’t want to see Americans skip the mass demonstration phase in favor of wild west justice. But the seeds of division by trump are a contagion. Q is an insane inflation of trumpism (maga), and has to be put down quickly. After all the skin heads and Nazi’s are getting jealous.

2 Likes

I keep looking out my window. No gathering wind from a protesting public. This too shall go unaddressed.

3 Likes

“A once-in-a-century pandemic is no time to enact changes that threaten service reliability and transparency.”

DT and all that are enabling this should have their citizenship re-considered.

1 Like

You’re like the guy who shingled only half of his roof, then blamed the ensuing complete ceiling collapse, on both sides of the building; the protected side and the unprotected side, as well.
Your logic and reasoning are really leaky, to be kind to you, while attacking Pelosi shows how much you are blinded by a personal vitriol that’s quite unbecoming. It’s entirely off-topic, btw.
Your capable of much better " wordsalad agitprop " and shifting blame to arrive at a skillfully rendered " both siderism " analysis. Please consider extending and revising your ill considered remarks.
No hard feelings.
Just sayin’.

The House passes urgent bill… Gee, wonder what will happen to it when it gets to McConnell’s desk? Most likely it will join 100’s of other bills passed by the House since 2018, that are all “DOA” upon arrival at the Senate leader’s desk, where he’s proud to say that he isn’t allowing the Senate to hear, debate & vote on House bills while House has Dem majority!

Seems to this watching (and cringing!) Canadian that the Fascist takeover of the US is pretty much a done deal!
There appears to be no evidence of a functioning democracy capable of withstanding the past 50 years of Republican intransigence and outright destruction of democratic norms and processes, now reinforced by a truly fascist president and his criminal band of henchmen.

1 Like

All you did was attack me and you are providing cover for a politician that is corrupt, out of touch, has committed her party to pay go, undermines single payer, dismisses the GND out of hand, uses the DCCC against candidates on the left, and went to far as to campaign for far right Democrats like Cuellar in TX and Lipinski in Illinois against female candidates on the left. I could give two fucks what you think, and most of my posts are on issues, never see you challenge me on anything. Feel free to next time. She has earned my hatred, and your a pathetic third rate errand boy of corrupt oligarchs like her.

Oh, and please, demonstrate where my logic is leaky. Hope you know that a claim isn’t an argument. Arguments require supporting logic and facts. You made a claim about my logic, so now back it up with logic of your own. Since I am so off, should be super easy for you.