Home | About | Donate

House Resolution to end Korean War Receives Progressive Support

House Resolution to end Korean War Receives Progressive Support

Eoin Higgins, staff writer

Rep. Ro Khanna (D-Ca.) introduced a House resolution to end the Korean War on Tuesday after 69 years of conflict. The resolution comes as President Donald Trump is in Hanoi, Vietnam, in advance of a historic meeting with North Korean President Kim Jong Un to discuss North Korean denuclearization.

1 Like

All in favor of ending the Korean War hold up your hand. No, no let us have a voice vote. All in favor say ‘aye’ all opposed say ‘nay’. The ‘ayes’ have it. Who ever they were. Next business of the house: All in favor of starting a new war say ‘aye’. The ‘ayes’ have it.

The Psychic Hotline connected up with President Truman and he thinks it’s time to end the Korean War, too. His exact words were, " Are you bullshittin’ me? 66 years later and we still can’t give this damn thing a rest. "

1 Like

Excuse me, but the so-called Korean war should be called what it is and was: an illegal, undeclared war because Congress abdicated their Constitutional authority to declare wars by calling it a " POLICE ACTION". And from my perspective, America has been a military dictatorship ever since.

1 Like

Can there be an end to an illegal undeclared war ?

“Ending the threat of war is the only way to ensure true security for both the Korean and American people,” Carter said in a statement, “and will create the conditions to alleviate the suffering of the ordinary North Koreans who are most harmed by ongoing tensions.”

Best comment I’ve read all day.
If anyone needs yet another book to read…
IN ORDER TO LIVE by Yeonmi Park
“I am most grateful for two things: that I was born in North Korea, and that I escaped from North Korea.”

Yeonmi Park has told the harrowing story of her escape from North Korea as a child many times, but never before has she revealed the most intimate and devastating details of the repressive society she was raised in and the enormous price she paid to escape.

1 Like

Carter had integrity and a heart as president. The moron we have now has part of his ass in his chest and it does not pump enough blood to his tiny brain. That’s why he can’t read or speak to good… Word!

Here is wishing lasting peace to all my old Korean friends.

1 Like

So Kim Jong Un has killed a lot of people. How many non-combatants have we killed by dropping bombs or with drones?