Home | About | Donate

House Votes Down Crucial Amendment Designed to Halt NSA Warrentless Surveillance of Americans

House Votes Down Crucial Amendment Designed to Halt NSA Warrentless Surveillance of Americans

Common Dreams staff

"The Fourth Amendment does not have an asterisk that says our intelligence agencies don’t have to follow it."

Be afraid; be very afraid! (Of the corporate-military-governmental order.)

There are ways to protect yourself. Go here and start learning how.

https://prism-break.org/en/

Give up on using a cell phone. Use a VPN. Learn how to read your computers logs.

“The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Plain English.

Domestic enemies of the US Constitution…

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2018/roll014.xml

According to EFF, Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.) “said it best” during the floor debate ahead of the vote when he declared, “The Fourth Amendment does not have an asterisk that says our intelligence agencies don’t have to follow it.”

FISA, itself, was a violation of our Constitutional rights intended to protect us from “enemies within” government.

SNOWDEN has created a national alert as to where this fascist government is headed.

On September…oh never mind.

This was a “bipartisan amendment” and a significant number of Dems (including “progressives”) voted against it and for the National Security State because Rethugs co-sponsored it and Trump tweeted for (and against) it.

The main vote on the FISA 702 Act passed with Dem co-chair Keith Ellison and others voting in favor of the National Security State. It’s hard to find because it was attached to a DNA bill (go figure, this is for real).

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes

Don’t Be Afraid. That’s what they want. ORGANIZE!

I want to keep my cell phone just so I can on occasion whisper in the NSA’s ear how much I despise them.

1st came the Fed Reserve, then the IRS, then the Alien Sedition Act, then the military draft, The repeal of Glass Stegall, NAFTA, PNAC, 911,Patriot Act and now it will be a crime to criticise govt, especially the govt that controls America. UInfortunately there is no independent media , so the propaganda show continues.

When not whispering in their ear I hope you keep it in a Faraday Cage or your microwave. Microwave ovens are a safe place to keep cell phones, just don’t turn it on while it’s in there. I know you know that but some may not :slight_smile:

Evidently now, the fourth amendment to our constitution is filled with asterisks denoting phony excuses!

People really have no clue of the danger. It may actually already be too late. I am so glad I am no longer young. This is no longer a country I would choose to grow up in given the choice.

Send out those useful tips while your still able:) It’s entirely too late for myself, and I really don’t care anymore. They want me, they can come and take me. If I live long enough, I’m pretty sure they will. Then again they may just see an old man and leave me to my ramblings.

But if you are young and a free spirit, you need to get the hell out now. While you still can.

Like you I am old and worn smooth. I have a history of being hacked and spied on by the NSA via a FISA warrant. I had to learn the hard way, hopefully I can help some. Like you I have given up and only use a VPN now instead of all the other things available. They certainly know who and where I am :slight_smile: