Home | About | Donate

How Coke and Pepsi Can Score the Ultimate Touchdown at Next Year’s Super Bowl

How Coke and Pepsi Can Score the Ultimate Touchdown at Next Year’s Super Bowl

Sam Pearse
LA Rams vs. New England Patriots will take center stage at the Super Bowl this Sunday, but the pre-match build-up has been dominated by Coca-Cola vs. Pepsi.
2 Likes

Lol. I have trouble believing people actually still drink this stuff. Or watch a sport that is now fully provable to destroy not only the participants body but his mind as well… ho hum…another day in the ‘greatest’ country in the world …

1 Like

The deposit, and subsequent refund, for bottles in both Michigan and Oregon is 10 cents. Here in Oregon it had been 5 cents, but the return/recycle rates started to decrease, so the deposit was increased last year to 10 cents.

There is also the Oregon Beverage Recycling Cooperative, which operates Bottle Drop facilities, where all bottles and cans covered by our deposit/refund system can be redeemed. All bottled beverages, including water, tea, sports/energy drinks, beer, etc are included, by the way, not just soft drinks.

I actually remember a 3 cent refund for glass soft drink bottles when I was a kid, in the days before aluminum cans and plactic bottles became the norm. I made some real money going around collecting them for the refund.

2 Likes

This is a good article on something that deserves a lot more attention. I strongly support bottle deposits, having grown up with them in the era of reusable glass bottles ( an even better solution). You hardly ever saw many discarded bottles. Enterprising kids would collect them and return them for pocket money.

2 Likes

Wasn’t there an old soft drink song about teaching the world to sing…?

New Version
THEY like to teach the world to kill
with PLASTIC rapidly!
The fish die—yes, and even whales
they die so snappily!
It’s a REAL THING—Coke and Pepsi KILL
STOP IT, Stop It NOW—with all your human will!

So everyone—add more lines to the soft drink murdering and then MAIL it toCoke and Pepsi . reminding them they are killing Earth, Earth life and all of us!

2 Likes

When i rode my bicycle across Michigan almost 25 years ago, i made a significant dent in my daily budget by picking up and redeeming bottles tossed along rural roads.

2 Likes

Better yet, Coke & Pepsi can go f*ck themselves.

2 Likes