Home | About | Donate

'How Could They Do This to Us?' Ask Afghan Farmers After Reporting Reveals Officials Knew Civilians Were in Area of Lethal US Drone Strike

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/09/20/how-could-they-do-us-ask-afghan-farmers-after-reporting-reveals-officials-knew

"My son and his friends were killed by the Americans, village chief Malak Khaiyali Khan.
How could they do this TO US "? My answer: BECAUSE AMERIKA IS THE # 1 TERRORIST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!

8 Likes

And also the most uneducable country in the world.

7 Likes

This is why the U.S. ignores the International Criminal Court in the Hague. Our war crimes become “defense missions”. NYT ,naturally ,displays zero moral outrage. When a certain person was killed on the Achiille Lauro, the headlines screamed for weeks. I wonder why ?

9 Likes

As far as the US Military is concerned 2 Afghans seen together are persons of interest and might warrant an air strike.

4 seen in a group are deemed a threat.

10 in a group are a target of opportunity.

50+ in a group are deemed “Target rich” . Attacking them is justified because of those 50 one is sure to have a relative in the Taliban or know someone who is in the Taliban.

As long as there the chance that one person in the group knows someone in the Taliban then an airstrike that kills the other 49 is justified. The killing of the other 49 is sending a message. Do not hang out with people who might know someone in the Taliban.

This is how the Nazis exerted their control in occupied Europe.

11 Likes

‘How Could They Do This To Us’. After four decades of American genocide direct and indirect, you seem surprised? Stay calm. in a couple of weeks an American bureaucrat will come by and offer to settle for $25 on the head and ‘promise it’ll never happen again’… until the náext time.

2 Likes

“This is just one of the horrors of endless war,” the leading candidate said, and should have continued. “Therefore my campaign will continue working to end all regime change wars.”

1 Like

That looks like Banksy graffiti.

The United States does not care who it kills as long as it kills. That is the purpose of the United States. To kill.

5 Likes

The rationale is simple. If we cannot extract those resources, then no one will.

4 Likes

True, but the fact of the matter is that we take the bombs to the “un-exceptional people” in backward countries overseas. To the same back home we distract them with guns and abortions so we can take their money and give it to the plutocrats. The USA has its means of fu*king all non-elites in some unique, special way.

3 Likes

Making more angry people into more terrorists is what we do. Then the endless war has more terrorists to kill, keeping us there for the MIC.

7 Likes

Because Western countries are hypocrites, they’ve always been hypocrites, and they don’t hesitate to murder innocent people for their own purposes?

4 Likes

This is how the Nazis exerted their control in occupied Europe.

That is a very sobering statement.

If a totalitarian fascist government and a purportedly democratic republic government can think and act militarily in the same manner, then what is the difference between these political systems? Who really has the power to decide who lives and who dies?

2 Likes

As a proof of your claim, read: “King Leopold’s Ghost”.

1 Like

Hypocrites! See post by “yore”.

That HAS BEEN the Modus Operandi of our fascist, government, for a long time which is now a Frankenstein threatening to get the U.S. into a nuclear war.
ENDLESS ENEMIES; FOR ENDLESS WARS; FOR ENDLESS WAR PROFITS.

4 Likes

And just minutes ago we are finding out that our demon leader has now sent troops to Saudi Arabia. For defensive puposes. Well we know that can mean anything. We are also going to make big bucks sending them defensive weapons. It doesn’t pay to get mad about this, because we are too chicken shit to impeach this crook.
WHOOPEE we are all gonna die.

Interesting way to create more anti American terrorist activity.

6 Likes

While the US military seems to have cornered the market on unmanned drones and long distance destruction and death on alleged foreign terrorists as well as innocent civilians, it’s likely only a matter of time before one or more civilian lunatics in the US or elsewhere manages to utilize inexpensive hobby drones to create domestic terrorism in the US or the world, as bad or worse than any previous attacks on people by a militarized madman with an assault rifle and a carload of ammunition.

1 Like

I fear you are correct. My understanding may be sacrilegious, but “do unto others as you would have them do unto you” turns around to “what you do to others will be done to you”.