Home | About | Donate

How Does a Nation Best Deal With a Leader Who Intentionally Kills Its Citizens?

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/10/19/how-does-nation-best-deal-leader-who-intentionally-kills-its-citizens

1 Like

Thom serves humanity with no nonsense observations of our on the ground reality.

8 Likes

American history is filled with stories of presidents and their cronies getting away with immoral, stupid, and even criminal behavior. But nothing has ever risen to this level.

You mean Amerika’s wars across the Mideast and Africa, having killed hundreds of thousands, and having displaced millions, don’t rise to this level? Why would you write that, Thom?

Because the lives of those people of color don’t count as much as the lives of Amerikans? Or because your murderous Team was as responsible for that slaughter as Trump’s? Or perhaps because you wish to use Boss Tweet’s criminal slaughter at home in order to re-elect one of the very war criminals responsible for the slaughter abroad which you refuse to challenge?

6 Likes

Donald could go down in history as the killer of more Americans than any war, if he stays the course of stupidity and ignorance. Math and Science will carry the day no matter the lies and BS shoveled on us daily by Donald Trump, killer of Americans.

5 Likes

The straight raised arm salute given Hitler,
is replaced with a straight arm aiming a smart phone.

3 Likes

The US Government has a fine tradition of killing its citizens going back to the original colonization ships from Europe. It started from the get go. Once the revolution got rid of England, Americans themselves picked up the slaughter where the colonizers left off. More recently(1950’s) the CIA did all sorts of horrible experiments on unsuspecting people with sleep deprivation, acid, various other torture methods, then used the good ones as recently in Iraq at Abu Grhraib, for example. Obama targeted Americans with his new toys, the UMV’s(drones). Trump is just continuing the fine tradition of killing American citizens. He uses far right militias and cops, Secret Service, etc. Cops especially have been a constant for years.The victimology, and various factors change over the years. The killing though, stays just the same.
Edit: Trump also has used the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic screw-ups to increase the numbers dramatically.

If anyone has any ideas as to how to stop this I’m, and most of the even unknowing Americans, will be all ears.

4 Likes

His failures as a leader are numerous, but his mismanagement of the pandemic rises above the rest. His failure to marshal government resources to protect the people, listen to the experts, and avoid reckless behavior and encourage others to do likewise to the great detriment of the United States as his re-election chances plummet reminds me of the behavior of another narcissistic megalomaniac who hid in his bunker while his capitol was destroyed and took his own life to avoid punishment for the evil things he had done. The best way to deal with him is to defeat him and many of his supporters in the election in two weeks. The next best way is to hotly pursue the lawsuits against him that are on-hold while he is president. A T&R commission is too good for this man. Only total repudiation of his conduct as president and businessman by the courts and people who oppose him will begin the process of fixing the damage he has done; no pardon, no commutation, no quarter (his word).

13 Likes

How does a nation respond to this abuse? Apparently one way is to take one obvious ass and scapegoat him to attempt to clear the way for the previous tradition and the next abuse of power.

What president does Thom Hartmann imagine did not deliberately kill Americans?

6 Likes

Look at the situation in North Korea. Things can get extremely bad and its like boiiling frogs, as long as they make changes slowly, the frogs dont jump out and get cooked + eaten.
Look at the trade agreements. Democracy has been totally stolen in the 90% of policy that involves anything economic, by calling it trade related. The changes they have made in healthcare have rendered it unfixable. Its now being cemented in place, no matter how much people want change, we wont get it, they just ignore the people. They hire expert liars instead.

4 Likes

Answer: It exiles said leader - no matter who the leader is.

5 Likes

They should designate an island for former despotic rulers staffed with mental health professionals and limited day passes.

7 Likes

Trump was legally elected, albeit by an antiquated system which should have been ditched years ago. And We The People willingly have followed not only Trump, but every other President who did stupid things that killed or completely ruined lives. We are The Exceptional Americans, innocent of all wrong-doings no matter how egregious.
Now we have a pandemic where other countries jumped onto the horse and gave their citizens wise advice based on hard scientific facts from a panel of experts. The info was out there on the Web if you paid attention. I was self-isolating and wearing a mask back in late January!!! When I asked our complex manager in late February what the protocol was going to be do deal with C-19, she had no clue, had to ask corporate.
We Americans now seem to blindly follow our Beloved Leader, whether it’s Raygun and his mob of Libertarians or Trump and his mob of grifters. It’s harsh, but I have to say a good percentage of people contracted C-19 of their own free will, refusing to wear a mask because it interfered with their personal liberty. I do feel some pity for those who contracted it via a super-spreader event because they lived with or was in contact with a contagious person. And I truly feel it criminal that so many caught it from others spitting on them or otherwise violating their personal space.
A rational country would have put Trump into an institution for the criminally insane as a child(like the Bad Seed) when he first showed he could not be controlled and harmed others. And a rational country would never have voted for Trump even for sanitary sewer inspector, much less President. But the US isn’t rational. Hell, it’s the most superstitious developed country, with so many churches and people who are hard core against science. Strange, how the churches complain they’re losing members. Other countries use their churches as museums or tourist attractions.
I personally would treat Trump like any other traitor-firing squad at dawn or hanging by the neck until dead. And exiling the entire clan while seizing all their assets.

13 Likes

That’s an easy question, you vote him out of office! If however you are too insouciant or lazy to vote, you let his followers keep him in office and console yourself with the un-derstanding that he will most certainly kill off his followers before he kills anyone else, (think maskless Trump rallies)!

2 Likes

Look at that photograph to get a measure of the people that are supporters of Trump. Grown men and women dressed in silly hats taking a photograph of some guy from several hundred feet away on their cell phones.

They will deem this as the high point of their lives and their greatest accomplishment.The photographs or video they take will be deemed a family treasure. Such is the life of a minion.

I am reminded of the scene in “Life Of Brian” where the mob that believed Brain the “Messiah” were chasing him through the city streets until they came across a sandal he lost as he ran to get away. It became a holy relic.

6 Likes

Who knows what goes on in that tiny mind of his?

Chronic Fatigue - CFS had retro virus as causal and denied by USA health.
Heart, Kidney and lung failures

Will this happen again?
I would say yes.
We had SARS1 about 11 years ago
We had polio
We have SARS2 and this killer is not going away by herd immunity, a sunny day or human evolution to ward off viruses

5 Likes

Fern, you are much too kind. These people need to be taught a lesson and it has to be public.

5 Likes

I support your well presented thoughts; you should be part of Biden’s cabinet

4 Likes

In this case, the phone is 100 times smarter than the person holding it.

2 Likes

This isn’t Breitbart, fool. If you want to peddle complete bullshite, do it there.

6 Likes