Home | About | Donate

How Elites Scam Americans Out of Housing

How Elites Scam Americans Out of Housing

Olivia Alperstein

The Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Ben “I’ve Never Had to Worry about Affording Housing” Carson, wants to triple the rent that low-income American families pay for federally subsidized housing.

Yep, this is the same guy who spent $31,000 of taxpayer money on a table and chairs. He’s trying to make it harder for low-income families who shop at Bob’s Discount Furniture to afford a stable housing situation.

Eat The Rich!

Sautee them with some onions, garlic, maybe shallots, and they can’t be too disgusting.

The neo-liberal revolution that went full force with the Reagan election - caused federal funding for HUD and low income housing to drop by billions upon billions over 35+ years. The results: massive homelessness and lack of housing. This is a national crisis mainly created by those republicans and blue dog democrats who supported the war on the poor and middle class. They only seem to be gaining more power but through illegitimate means. The people in the US are so divided and manipulated that they really can’t see out of the hole.

Sean Hannity makes my blood boil. What a sorry excuse for a human being!

I dunno, Pony. They may well be toxic.

NONE of the people on HUD can afford this. All will lose their housing which is this sociopath’s plan.

Would Jesus kick the poor out of their homes, Ben? That’s your point, Ben. Remember this guy is super religious and has a picture in his house where he is Jesus.

Nah, Nighthawk.

They most likely eat much better than most of us.

Toxic, is what they do.

Homelessness is where the heartlessness is

I heard they’re like heartworms, their genes eat you’re heart till there’s nothing left.

Articles like this one tend to elicit little in the way of indepth replies because it creates in readers an oscillation between anguish and rage. It’s hard to write when your soul is distraught and your fists are clenched. No Hitler or Stalin could have done to this country what these human impersonators and their facilitators in our hallowed halls have done. If there’s a hell they’ll have permanent housing there.

There definitely is a special level of Hell reserved for this crowd.

They will burn.

But high in fat and calories.

I’m a hard core progressive, however, I really wish this story told how much the increase actually is. Part of the reason it’s not mentioned is the amount they pay is so low that three times that amount doesn’t sound as terrible as just saying triple the cost. In order not to be like Fox News we need to tell the whole truth and not frame things the way they look best for our agenda. The monthly rent in this article is $50 and going to $150. I’m not saying that is right, but it needs to be mentioned. It also is the most extreme data point and not reflective of the overall rent % increases for the vast majority which should also be mentioned. I’m sick of shoddy partisan journalism regardless if it’s left bias or right bias.

Yes a little more detail would be helpful. I pay 30% of my income for subsidized housing. What are they planning to do? Raise the percentage? Why not just raffle off a carrier or two?