Home | About | Donate

How Ohio’s Energy Economy Became a Radioactive 19th Century Relic

How Ohio’s Energy Economy Became a Radioactive 19th Century Relic

Harvey Wasserman

Back in early 2010 Ohio stood at the cusp of a modern 21st century technological revolution.

It had won a new federal-funded rail line to finally re-join Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati.

Tesla electric sales networks were moving into the state, bringing full player status in the spread of the world’s most advanced automobiles.

And we had adopted a forward-looking green energy package poised to bring billions of new investments along with thousands of new jobs.

Then the 19th century re-took control.

"...nuke burners...relic generators...nuke dinosaurs..." Harvey has gone bonkers using such language.
He has exaggerated so long that he appears to have lost touch with reality. Nothing in his screed pertaining to nuclear power is relevant to the subject, just thrown in for venting of his anger. Radioactivity was discovered in 1895 but most would not consider Ohio's energy economy to be a "Radioactive 19th Century Relic." Colorful writing no doubt but far wide of the mark, Harvey.:

rfinston wrote:

'...Radioactivity was discovered in 1895 but most would not consider Ohio's energy economy to be a "Radioactive 19th Century Relic." Colorful writing no doubt but far wide of the mark, Harvey.:'

There was no mention of radioactivity in the article, nor was the word "radioactive" used. The article's title may well be the work of someone else.

Because the piece is a "View" it is probably the author's title, not that of a staff writer. And it has the Wasserman hyperbolic style we know so well.

Not much comfort, but Ohio is not alone - North Carolina for example.

Wasserman's characterization of Ohio under Kasich is accurate. The election that brought Kasich, McDaniels to Indiana and Walker to Wisconsin saw the cancellation of public transportation projects announced by the governors elect even before their inaugurations. The gas industry owns Kasich now, along with everything else.

The screen name you chose for yourself, individually or collectively - whatever the case may be, assumes much. A preemptive beat-down to proceed your comments. I don't know if you regularly make replies to comments that have been posted weeks earlier, but I find it odd, especially since your particular "reply" to me was not in fact a reply. And I would be especially interested to know why you like to hear MY opinions on the subject you chose to identify, and which I did not address or mention.