Home | About | Donate

'How Pathetic': Sanders Rips GOP for Proposing Massive Coal Industry Handout But No Direct Payments to Struggling Americans

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/09/09/how-pathetic-sanders-rips-gop-proposing-massive-coal-industry-handout-no-direct

2 Likes

They want to see it burn now. All of it.
America’s oligarchy got theirs. There will be no more “stimulus.” What we will see now is a mad rush to the treasury, where you will see all manner politician and big businessman alike, stuffing their pockets with money.
The Koch brothers and their acolytes know, their work is done here. The only thing they need now to make their plans complete is the death of Ginsberg or Beyers before Inauguration Day. And to be honest, they don’t need that anymore.
The USA is now what Jimmy Carter once said, a “constitutional oligarchy”

16 Likes

How Pathetic

I guess this shows that MoscowMitch really is concerned about re-election. Imagine a Kentucky senator supporting the coal industry

3 Likes

This is why we are no longer a democratic republic - We are an oligarchy, a fascist oligarchy in reality.
They are still being “allowed” to win. . . I have long wondered - When will the “allowing” be stopped.

5 Likes

Damn, Bernie, I wish you had put this much effort into reading the fine print in the CARES Act:

~https://www.npr.org/2020/04/30/848321204/how-the-cares-act-became-a-tax-break-bonanza-for-the-rich-explained

5 Likes

So Congress should have not supported the CARES relief package because it contained pork? Are you shocked, SHOCKED that this, pork, has been happening longer than you’ve been alive?

2 Likes

I’m shocked that Bernie and The Squad rolled over to vote for the deeply flawed and egregiously corrupt CARES Act – especially considering the political capital they could have accumulated by bucking the fallback position of “party unity.”

Because now they look like Nancy Pelosi’s prisoners/stooges, and hypocrites for actually reading this Republican bill but not the one they voted YES on. So either they’re too dumb to understand how politics is played, or they’re content to meekly play loyal soldier to the incompetent Pelosi. Neither is good.

6 Likes

True. They got theirs and now are willing to sit back in their gated communities, protected by the fascist police, and watch the mightily armed right wing fascist Trumpers go to war against the protesters. They will allow a civil war between the plebes and then swoop in to resume control of what remains. They would not bat an eye at a reduction of the US population by a hundred million or so.

6 Likes

the Republicans want to spend millions for the benefit of their corporate tool Mitch–that is spending our tax dollars on a politicians re-election bid–can you say Corrupt

3 Likes

Maybe if we are lucky, everyone will get a lump of coal out of this.

3 Likes

The Democrats are doing exactly what they are paid to do by their oligarch owners. And that is to ensure the ongoing looting of the US citizens and to play the part of an opposition party when they are in fact not one at all.

8 Likes

The Democratic Party seems to be coming apart faster than a package of very stale butter cookies.
This morning on ABC News online there was an amazing but somehow pitiful trial balloon trumpeting
that - voila! - the Russians were back and this time they were disseminating informaton to the hapless
US voting public to the effect that Biden had “mental health” issues. This was declared to be a danger
to the election as it might make potential Biden voters wary of his ‘mental health’. I did only a quick read to go back to the article, but from what I did read, in every instance it was not called ‘dementia’ but
‘mental health’. I doubt many would disagree that ‘mental health issues’ and ‘dementia’ are two entirely
different balls of wax. Went back to take another look at the ‘Russian menace’ article about 1.0-1.5
hours later. It was removed from the list of articles, no reference, and no reference on either CNN or
MBNBC. Trial balloon and ABC didn’t get the DNC’s memo on the release date?

Surely, surely, surely there is not going to be an attempt to blame “Russian interference” for Biden’s
cognitive decline. Meanwhile, Bernie is shaking his finger at the absurd mockery of the GOP
‘alternative bill’ and calling it “pathetic”.

No, Bernie, the bill is not “Pathetic”. Its craven, cruel, hard-hearted, mocking, utterly corrupt, purely evil, constructed by hollow human beings who have long since sold their souls. But save “pathetic”, for a man who has spent his whole life trying to improve society, has seen that he
is able to draw 5 figure crowds to hear his ideas, share his energy - who falls over like a wet
noodle in a slight breeze as his easy walk to the Oval Office is stamped on by a bunch of
vicious and decidedly jealous DNC inner circle types, the votes people took time and effort
to cast are magically set to naught, and now when times are far more dire for the bulk of
US citizens than at any prior time since the real life man of La Mancha started his marveous quest,
all he can do now is wagger his pointer finger and call McConnell and his ilk “pathetic”.

And the world will be better for this - Bernie
That one man, scorned and covered with scars
Still strove, with his last ounce of courage,
To reach the unreachable stars

Last time I checked Hawkins was offering you his slot and as I recall so did Stein in 2016.

3 Likes

“Free Market:” Free stuff for corporate oligarchs, brutal capitalism for the rest of us.

3 Likes

Hawkins is wasting his time with that offer.

Why did the Democrats only provide a few months of financial aid support to the unemployed masses, while giving the GOP, industries, and banks, carte blanche, trillions of dollars over an unlimited amount of time? Were the Dems so stupid as not to realize this situation could extend well over the few months of aid to the unemployed?

1 Like

Not until the Republican Party is destroyed, just like the Whig Party was! And replaced with the Green Party or some other third party coalition of progressive parties…

1 Like

Once again an article about republicans, Mitch in particular, becomes an immediate rant about democrats for some. Too much trolling-like commentary here.

1 Like

No worries, some here, along with trump, will find a way to blame democrats for this too.

1 Like

And this has what to do with Mitch or the coal industry?

1 Like

So you’re defending the kabuki show?

A theater of the absurd in which McConnell sends a DOA pandemic relief package to the House, and the Democrats put out some song and dance about the terrible stuff in it.

And when we point that out, we’re trolling according to you?
Nice try, but no.

1 Like