Home | About | Donate

How Public Tax Dollars Are Subsidizing the Fines of Reckless Corporations

How Public Tax Dollars Are Subsidizing the Fines of Reckless Corporations

Amid growing corporate malfeasance, industry giants—from BP to Hyundai—are from time to time slapped with symbolic fines for the harm they inflict on people and the environment.

However, the payment of these damages is often subsidized by U.S. taxpayers, thanks to a tax loophole that has saved companies billions of dollars.

This problem is as old as the hills. If a reactor fails in the US and does a Chernobyl or a Fukushima, We the People will pick up the tab as no insurance company will touch it.
* I read an article the other day where Øbama had gone to India to get approval for, I think, nuclear plants. He had to promise that the US would pick up the tab for any accidents, but not the companies involved. That means taxpayers.
* I see that the European/Atlantic version of the Pacific Rim's Toilet Paper Plan, designed to wipe us all out, is getting some stiff opposition. Unfortunately, few people seem to be aware that we are poised to give up our national autonomy to the corporations that are putting all this together in secret.
* The United States Government is supposed to be elected by the people, to serve the people, as laid out in the Constitution and Bill of Rights, our founding documents.
* The United States Government is not supposed to be purchased by the corporations, for the benefit and profit of the corporations, and funded by impoverishing the people.
* Let's work to make this so again and get rid of the Oiligarchy that currently runs the nation from the top to the bottom, for their prifit.
* We could stop these endlessly spreading wars in just a few days, if we would just take the profit out of war.