Home | About | Donate

How Should America Respond When its President Commits Negligent Homicide?

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/09/14/how-should-america-respond-when-its-president-commits-negligent-homicide

3 Likes

The GOP has been getting away with “negligent homicide” for at least four decades. Why would “America respond” now ?

11 Likes

Lock him up!

7 Likes

Its not negligent. Its intentional.

Poor people are increasingly unwanted reminders of their failures for the political class.

They should all be tossed out on their asses. They are the last people we need in charge. Toss them out.

11 Likes

Just replace them, if the crooks resign (all of them) the country will breathe a huge sigh of relief.

1 Like

Western civilization is predicated on negligent homicide. So was Eastern civilization. The difference between the two is eastern civ. Admits to the problem while western civ denies it.

3 Likes

Not negligent. Intentional. The desperate poor
are unwanted reminders of their political class failure.
This criminal inaction warrants criminal charges filed
and law determine the outcome for DJT#45 wrecking crew.

6 Likes

Have a military parade with a jet flyover as the Star Spangled banner plays and the people asked to rise and honor the troops?

It works every time.

6 Likes

‘I could stand in the middle of 5th Ave and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters.’

This is a frightening quote from the fascist in the WH and it makes the question redundant, unfortunately …

6 Likes

Ya stole my comment!

“The inaction and lies from Trump and those around him in the White House have lead to nearly a quarter-million dead Americans”

A slight exaggeration, but otherwise right on, Thom Hartmann.

3 Likes

Right on Thom. Che GooseVara chwirps “Honnk!”
Hey.

Sorry Thom, your argument doesn’t let Woodward off the hook. We know why Trumps toadies kept the secret, they’re beholden to Trump, and only Trump. But Woodward tries to pass himself off as a reporter, even though he has a strong intelligence background. If he wants to be known as a reporter, I expect him to report information that could save thousands of lives, not sit on it as his fellow citizens die everyday, so he can make money on a dam book. That’s sociopath stuff right there.

10 Likes

If Woodward really cared about Americans, he would have come forward with that information right away. Perhaps bully Trump threatened if he went public early.

5 Likes

Woodward has ties back to Naval Intelligence, so it’s not very likely there were any threats made.

2 Likes

Hurting people is the objective.

3 Likes

I hope I made it clear, its the politicians who should be fired. We are all stuck with a bunch thats more crooked then ever in the history of this country and probably, planet.

The problem is, the smart people have no interest in running this mess. Only the people who are obsessed about power do, and they are the worst possible choices.

I don’t think people have any clue whats being done, the country is being stolen from its people, the planet is also being stolen from all of us.

There are trade agreements, like GATS that are basically getting rid of democracy behind our backs. Until we understand that we wont have a clue why everything keeps getting worse, never better.

For example:

ttp://www.iatp.org/files/GATS_and_Public_Service_Systems.htm

4 Likes

I agree regarding smart people. Good people, too. Good people don’t want authority and power over others. The responsibility and potential for making big mistakes that do a lot of harm isn’t something normal humans want.

3 Likes

Correct !
THAT is the situation. And THAT is what must be dealt with and NOT PHUCKING IGNORED

4 Likes

They did not lock up Bush, Chaney and company for lying about WMD in Iraq, and getting 6000 fellow Americans killed and 100s of thousands of Iraqis. No, they will not hold Trump responsible either, whether or not he is re-elected. The system is way out of balance with corrupted, mentally disordered personalities.

11 Likes