Home | About | Donate

How the US Runs Iraq

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/01/11/how-us-runs-iraq

1 Like

Which is precisely why world leaders – Russia, China, Europe, India, Japan – should rally to Iran’s aid.

US hegemony has been a drag on world progress.
US hegemony has resulted in the deaths of millions.

4 Likes

Seems accurate, a divide and conquer strategy between three groups, all somewhat beholden to US military might and beneficent American arms sales (paid by oil sales). Any Iraqi adversaries put in check by 3 airbases full of robotic drones. (Minimal troops required!). America leave any part of Iraq??.. not likely… no matter who is president imo

Article is about Iraq… Iran only comes into Iraq war-game/ battlespace play when speaking about Shiites… following Margolis’s analysis. By the way, many Shiites would like to get rid of the Iranians from their midst (as well as Americans).

1 Like

And Washington has the gall to call Iraq a Democracy.

More like a slave state to me.

4 Likes

You might recall that it was IRAN’s second in command who was assassinated in Iraq.
It is IRAN who is a perpetual target of US government animosity.
It is IRANIAN influence throughout the MidEast that remains the sole counterweight to Israel’s.

At this point, Iraq is a helpless pawn in a larger chess match, as the title of this article makes clear.

3 Likes

Adding to that, the picture shows the U.S. showing an Iraqi how to use an AK-47.
In Saddam’s day, it seemed everyone had an AK and was shooting it off in the town square quite often. Are we militarizing another generation of Iraqi young folks?

3 Likes

Never thought I cross post from a conservative website, but this is being forwarded by POGO and is based on the work of Lee Fang at Intercept.
# Revolving Door Shills on TV Need an ‘Outing’
“Judd, who runs Popular Information, and Jason Paladino, who reports for the Project on Government Oversight (aka POGO, which has been tracking the revolving door for decades), are on to something. Collectively we need to shame the media when they do not disclose their guests’s conflicts of interest, and thank them when they do. Maybe at some juncture they will get the point and realize that there are plenty of ex-military and government officials out there who have thoughtful things to say (like Doug MacGregor, Larry Wilkerson, a ton of TAC writers, and even TAC critics too) but are not compromised by their vested interest in promoting an interventionist global posture and American military primacy.”

2 Likes

Just takin my cue from the title. Cheers

1 Like

Neo Colonialism I guess the Iraqis don’t want to work on MAGA’s farm no more/

2 Likes

Don’t forget Andrew Bacevich

2 Likes

Good play on words CoolBreeze.

As I have said, it’s not about extracting the oil. It’s about controlling it.

1 Like

That an impeached president should be murdering foreign figures is a question that Congress must ask.

But of course Congress never will! Kind of like a convicted murder under indictment for murder and while waiting for his trial…murders again.

1 Like